Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying
The State of NUR Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:00 pm
Hey everyone. I've noticed that--from waiting on certain individuals to post in the respective arc threads, as well as general enthusiasm--is reaching that level of low where the guild starts to die again. Instead of just letting this process flow into an eventual nothingness as it normally does, I'm making this thread to see how many people are actually, truly enthusiastic about continuing the guild, or if this effort really isn't worthwhile.

As of this point, I really only know of one or two people in this guild who may legitimately want it to continue. NUR has had a long and mostly successful run on Gaia, having at one point been the most active Naruto guild. It's been a very long time since the start of this guild--with the first known records of the captain's log having been seen in January of 2007--and a span of nearly ten years is stored in these subforums. Truly, NUR is one of the longest-spanning guilds in Gaia's history.

However, it's despite that long history that we're facing this inactivity. Ever since the end of what I consider the 'golden years', those being the years around 2007 to late 2013, the guild has been in an odd flux of dying, coming back to life, and dying again. Amidst that, an unrealistic amount of rage and contention between the guild members that's bred an extremely insecure climate not only within the guild, but also into the personal relations of the guild members. Case in point, this guild has truthfully been ruining friendships, even outside of guild affairs.

It's when a guild reaches that point--that even just participating in the roleplay can induce such rage from people that their out-of-guild friendships can be effected--that I feel that the guild in question should cease to exist. For quite some time, there was little contention. A period of months where there was little fighting between friends, and most everything in general flowed smoothly within our friend group.

This time period ran from February of 2016 to September of 2016. When the guild opened back up. Almost immediately after opening, we started to fall back into the same old patterns. People who were on great terms just weeks before the revival of the guild, suddenly fighting over in-guild disputes that effected their entire relationship. Entire groups of people being turned against each other from the constant amounts of namedropping and he-said-she-said. Instead of continuing to have this guild continue down that self-destructive path where everyone will inevitably just be angrier and quit the guild out of frustration, I'm suggesting a different path.

I propose that we take the final step together, and close this guild down peacefully. We're all getting older, and we're all starting to have responsibilities outside of gaia and outside of the guild. Gaia as a website is now declining, with the influx of new members being almost entirely curbed. This means that activity as a guild is already not sustainable, as the number of potential new members is almost nonexistent.

NUR has had a long, wild, rollercoaster of a run, and I propose that we gracefully put an end to the run as a collective move rather than the final, rage-filled opinions of the precious last few.

Feel free to post your opinions below; this is just my viewpoint.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:08 pm
In the words of Atlantis's true king.

Let it all... die.

And if it doesn't ill be here as always wondering why anyone would waste everyone elses time.  

___youwillknownihilism
Captain

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:30 pm
I would love to see NUR be a thing but everyone's unwillingness to care about anything more than their combat statistics and e-dicks drives me away time and time again. I know I'm not a pillar of morality here and I've left too many people hanging, but yeah.

If we're not going to actually care about something other than some bizarre alpha male posturing contest, I don't want NUR to be a thing. There's better places that won't waste our collective time.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:41 pm
. . .

I think... we should let this be NUR's last dying breath. It's had a good run. I'll sorely miss certain characters. I'll regret not being able to see through my current character's growth, but that disappointment is something I've been prepared from the moment I made her. Right now, NUR is just the remains of what it once was, quite literally. Hopefully I'm not missing anyone, but all the current NURds have rped in a previous iteration of it. We don't have any new blood. While old blood isn't bad (familiarity, trust in the others ability to rp passably, and easy communication to name a few), what little blood we have has proven time and again that it's not enough to sustain rp. From where I stand, we sort of feel like we're trying to make a forum rp fit into the too-big boots of a guild. Um... And... Anything more I say will be a repeat of what others have said.

At the same time, if it ever zombies back up again, I'll probably get right back into rping in NUR.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:10 pm
It really felt like the only people who knew about NUR's revival were the ones informed in the chatroom and in the skype chat. No one else, no one new was even invited. Now if they were behind the scenes and I just didn't see it, then I apologize. But it seems like just the old vets came back, some not even entirely ready to RP or at least start.

I dunno, it just felt like a false start. One that was okay for a short while, but still a false start. I think all of the villages should be open (if they have any used threads in them, so we can view all of the posts we did in the past up to present for some fun reading and such) and we should just let the guild die but keep it there for those who wanna just read old posts and s**t.

Also fo' real, i didn't know where I was supposed to go in the goddamn arc lol like, if I jump into the fight at the Raikage's Office, I'm screwed cause the enemy's are like, what? Kage rank. I'd be dead on arrival, plus, I was told to clear debris and save citizens, which sucks.

TL;DR version: Let it die but keep it up for reading purposes. If we ever come back to it someday, to actually use it, it would be best to keep it casual with no arcs until we can be 100% certain that people are gonna be on board with something big.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:57 pm
Gonna let yall in on a little secret. This is Alex's way of saying he's tired of running the guild, but he ain't gonna give it up and that this arc and the previous stat system change that killed it last time are his way of killing it forever. That being said, people not posting because they "are post locked", are "waiting on someone", or "got bored" is what really killed this guild, and there is no cure when people put the blame on other people in a "turn based" RP.

As much as I enjoyed RPing from 2007 till present, there has been a huge shift in user age and personalities of the users. Every single person here with few exceptions wanted instant gratification and such but if you told them they needed to do something like post, they pretty much told you to go ******** yourself or just ignored you, which created a culture where spending 3 days per post was the norm, which made those of us that actually respond instantly very unwilling to take part in large scale roleplay.

As far as my vote, I want it to stay. I don't like change and this guild has been a part of my life on and off for almost 10 years come January. However, people would need to actually post and quit complaining that X person didn't post. If people actually just posted instead of feeling some god awful need to follow a posting order in non-combat speech it would be better. And a removal of combat centric RP. Some people just don't like to fight, but everything seemed to come down to it. Some of the more successful Naruto guilds I've been in lately didn't focus on combat, but instead just small RP interactions with battles being major, major affairs, not something that happened every time someone pissed in someone else's cereal. Rant Complete.  

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:57 pm
HeadlessKoko

The Town Taunts Hadou

Since you both made references to a scenario of 'if' the guild comes back, I figured I would just clarify. In the announcement that I sent upon the guild's revival--meaning that every member of NUR has had quite some time to go back and check their messages by now--I made it perfectly clear that I restarted the guild this time under the premise that after NUR dies this time, we're done forever.

If you guys need to edit your votes now that this information is fresh in your brain, please feel free to do so.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:28 am
The flowers bloom, then wither …
the stars shine and one day become extinct …
This earth, the sun, the galaxies and even the big universe
someday will be destroyed …
Compared with that,the human life is only a blink,
just a little time …
In that short time, the people are born, laugh, cry, fight,
are injured, feel joy, sadness, hate someone, love someone.
All in just a moment.
And then, are embraced by the eternal sleep called death.

(Aka let it die.)

Ningishzida

Demonic Gatekeeper

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 am
I suppose it's time to let it die. If it isn't fun anymore, there's no point in keeping it alive.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:00 am
          First and foremost I would just like to mention that I am simply here so I don't get fined. Secondly, it seems that most of us here all knew what was best for a while now but didn't want to perhaps accept it, but as of this moment they have to some degree, myself included. I've been here for a while, although not nearly as long as most, but I can happily say I've had my share of fun in this guild, along with a heaping portion of salt.

All in all though, I think it's safe to say I've had more enjoyable times than anything and when you can say that about something when it's time to step away I feel that there is nothing more pleasing and helps make the transition more smooth than to do so with no regrets. If I still haven't made myself clear, I apologize. I feel that we should let NUR go, and remove it's life support.

It's been fun everyone, GG WP.

User Image

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:54 am
Sovngarde Awaits

Why should I? I clearly said "Let it die but keep it up for reading purposes. If we ever come back to it someday, to actually use it, it would be best to keep it casual with no arcs until we can be 100% certain that people are gonna be on board with something big."

If we come back to it someday, if not, then leave it to the maggots I say. Heck, even if we don't keep it up for reading purposes, I'm fine with that too, just a suggestion bruh, mainly not just for me but for anyone who wanted to look back and read up. Again, only a suggestion. sweatdrop

Anyways, my ruling was let it die in my original post and it stays that way.
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:10 pm
The Town Taunts Hadou
Sovngarde Awaits

Why should I? I clearly said "Let it die but keep it up for reading purposes. If we ever come back to it someday, to actually use it, it would be best to keep it casual with no arcs until we can be 100% certain that people are gonna be on board with something big."

If we come back to it someday, if not, then leave it to the maggots I say. Heck, even if we don't keep it up for reading purposes, I'm fine with that too, just a suggestion bruh, mainly not just for me but for anyone who wanted to look back and read up. Again, only a suggestion. sweatdrop

Anyways, my ruling was let it die in my original post and it stays that way.
xd
Kay, just wanted to make sure everyone had the full story lmao  

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:04 pm
Given the overflowing amount of people who are in favor of shutting the guild down, I'm now going to begin moving things and preparing for the guild shutdown. You have only a short while before I finish my preparations, and most of the subforums will be unavailable to view. In short, the guild will be closing today given the overwhelming amount of support to terminate it.

This thread will be left in the main forum to provide an explanation to any returning members. This was the final iteration of NUR, and as a collaborative decision made by the remaining members, we've elected to close NUR's doors for good. It was a long ride, but the end is now here.

If there is anything you need within the locked subforums, I, Shane, and Kerron will all remain as moderators within the guild so that assets from within the guild can still be fetched upon request.

R.I.P. Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying [NUR]

January 30th, 2007 - November 13th, 2016

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:27 pm
Yo if anyone still looks at this can i get access to some of the sub forums and stuff? i dont know if any of the remaining leadership was here during my time but i'd like to get at some of my posts for posterity  

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:17 pm
Gardeford Superior
Yo if anyone still looks at this can i get access to some of the sub forums and stuff? i dont know if any of the remaining leadership was here during my time but i'd like to get at some of my posts for posterity
PM me a list of subforums you want to search.  
Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff