Submit

Mike D.

Crew

Quotable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:17 am
This is going to be a master thread of the guild's activity during its halcyon years since it's, for lack of a better term, dead. If you're reading this after hopping on Gaia for old times sake like I did I encourage you to make a swan-song of a post about your time here, fond memories, and most importantly your roleplay character and whatever story arcs you had planned for them that never manifested. I'm writing this for my future self as much as I'm writing this for any of you who happen to reconnect, however unlikely that is.

tl;dr: use this thread to post about

gaia_grunny Your Labtech character, their number, personality, motivations, character arc, and what story ideas you wanted to pursue (if any).
gaia_grunny Your favorite moments while part of the Guild.
gaia_grunny What you've been up to after moving on from the guild or Gaia in general. Lot of things can happen in a decade's time.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:21 am
As one of the members in charge of the few events this guild participated in, I'd like to also use this thread as a large summary of events as part of the roleplay section of this guild.

As it turns out, I wrote a very extensive summary of the events of our roleplay story back in 2006. They've been sitting in a subforum of this guild that's not accessible to regular users for some reason, and I can't move it to the main forum, so I'll mirror the post below, with some authors notes below each section.

Archive_00

The Pre:
It has been two weeks since the incident at the Von Helson Mansion. Jonny K. Gambino, now reunited with his son, and banished from Durem, set his sites on rebuilding G Corp, and exacting his revenge upon the Von helsons.
He began rebuilding his mansion, but a few days later, it did not resembe a mansion at all. The Days past, and the building grew larger and larger in scale each day. This was the reconstruction of G Corp Alpha Division.
There were very few LabTechs there. At least one hundred tops. Outside the building they all stood, all crowded over the blueprints of Alpha 2.0. Many looked worried, thinking that this would be far too dangerous to construct. The previous version was underground, having a wall of dirt on each side to hold it up, but what was holding this up? Nothing. Of course, there were a few who were not afraid. They trusted in what Mr. Gambino had in store. One of these few men was named Soren, his LabTech I.D. unknown. He of course followed slowly behind Mr. Gambino, as he acted much like the Gambino we know from October 2004. Standing beside him was Sorens intern, a man that resembled Mr. Gambino greatly, only thiner. Golden hair, a pack of cigarettes in his pocket, and Thick black sunglasses.
His name has already dissapeared into history, and no one remembers it, so let's just call him Z. There were also a group of LabTechs on the opposite side of the table which held the blueprints to Alpha 2.0. One was a younge man, somewhere in his twenties, which is very young compared to the staff at Alpha 1.0 who were mostly middle-aged. His name was Tao. Along side him was a man somewhere in his thirties. He too wore thick sunglasses like Z, but had thick black hair that stood up a bit on it's own.
His name was Bono.
Now, what's so special about these four individuals, you ask? Well, quite a few of them were a part of an organization of scientist, known as Site B. It
was a very successful compound, and Gambino admired that, which is why he hired Tao and Bono. Z followed along with them for reasons unknown,
but as soon as they were in G Corp, their ranks were at a full Level 5, and therefore, members of the head G Corp Council, a grand hall, separate from Alpha, and in a disclosed location where no one would think to look. No one below a Level 5 knew where it was.

Months later, after the collapse of Alpha 2.0, the council was called into meeting. They needed to devise a way for G Corp to stand strong, even when the facility should fall. A Labtech stood up and answered. It was Tao.
He claimed that if there were branch divisions, or multiple facilities, then no progress would be slowed down. When one facility should fall, the others will stand. The council took this as a plan of Brilliance to the highest level, and allowed the construction of the many facilities.
They would start off with four. Alpha 3.0 was to be built later on in October of 2005, and all concentration was on the other three. They sent construction workers to the plains north of the Durem caves to construct the Beta Branch. They sent two hundred workers to the bottom of the planet to build two facilities as a way to keep them from danger. The First was the Gamma Division, and the second, built only 348 miles away from Gamma, was the Delta Division.
But ever since Alpha collapsed, the numbers of LabTech's had tremendously decreased, either being that many died, and any survivors had went on strike due to the life threatening event that had almost got them killed. And Soren, one of the council members who was put in charge of Alpha 2.0 was gone. And so, they sent three council members off to be in charge of the facilities. Z was sent to Beta, along with Tao, and Bono as support leaders. A Labtech which looked much like Tao was sent to Delta. His name was Grey. And a third LabTech, Artemis, was sent to control Gamma.

The idea of an Alpha, Beta, an Gamma division for G-Corp was to separate our guild from the G-Corp in the official GaiaOnline story. Alpha Division would be the main G-Corp branch that's part of the official GaiaOnline storyline, while Beta Division would be our guild. Gamma and other subsidiaries would be used for plot-related purposes, such as Gamma and Delta being around the Antarctic where EXILE was discovered.
Z was the original owner of this guild, Zgapd. At some point during the guild's run, control of the guild was wrestled from him and given over to the current guild owner. While I was a personal friend of Zgapd before and after the incident, minding to keep this fact a secret due to the paranoia that Zgapd had spies infiltrating his old guild by fellow Staff, I took both side's story with a grain of salt. Having had a guild stolen from me in the past, I think it was an incredibly shitty thing to do if Zgapd was the sole owner of the guild. I can't comment if he joint-shared the guild with other people though. However, just from speaking with him, I don't think he was the best person to run the guild. While I admired his ambition as a guild leader, the plans he shared with me for his new guild were both unrealistic and redundant. I do think the paranoia surrounding me that I would somehow give the guild back to him by moving up in the ranks to be pretty stupid.
I don't remember who Soren, Artemis, or Grey were.

Archive01

Rise of Beta
G Corp Beta Division was the first of the three to be completed. It was a tower one fourth the size of Alpha 2.0, and carried roughly around one hundred LabTechs, such as LabTech050, a young girl in her twenties.
Another one wasn't really a LabTech at all, some might say. He was rarely
seen wearing a Lab coat, and instead wore a face strap with one big glass
lens over one eye, the other was covered by a large black cloth. He was the type of guy who experimented not on Grunnies, but on himself. Everyone called him Labreck, for obvious reasons.

And so, with Beta fully operational, the first experiment had begun.
DRAGONUS 01, the first Superior Gaian to be able to talk and communicate with other life forms other than his own through telepathy, was to be built.
Of course, the LabTech team in charge of him got too carried away, and
kept on adding more and more robotic equipment to him. When the experiment was complete, he was 85% machine, making him a cyborg.
It completely ruined his Biological status, and humanity altogether. No
other information about him is recorded, and it is believed that the experiment was put down.
The Second experiment was labeled as Project D.R.A.K.O. It was designed
to make up for the LabTech loss back in April. Gamma, now completed, had suggested we use Androids to accommodate for the loss, while Z suggested we create Artificial Organic beings to fill the spot, giving them a bit of humanity, and trying not to make the same mistake as Dragonus01. The council made a permit for both projects to start, and whichever one was more successful was to be used.

This was one of the last plot threads Zgapd worked on. Being someone who hates seeing ideas fail to being, I carried the rest of the project by creating D.R.A.K.O., an NPC exclusively for the guild. An artificial lifeform and biological clone of Gambino, just as LabTech X was. We used Lego DNA to stick as many bits and pieces of various other animals into him to create the perfect life form, choosing only the most dominant of traits. His hair is green specifically because Grunny DNA was used in his construction, and has dark skin because darker pigment is a dominant trait that protects against skin damage from the sun.
Originally Drako was going to be the time tested "monster attacks the facility" event, but since this project occurred simultaneously with the guild switching management he was reworked into a more sympathetic character.

Archive_02

Dead Before Dawn:

Our story begins in the Secret underground test facility. A new intern has just arrived. This young man seems to have a great amount of potential. He was assigned the I.D. LabTech099. His first objective there, was to experiment on Project D.R.A.K.O. Along with LabTech099, there was also a Therapist who joined the compound. A woman by the name of Miss Crabtree, who had worked in an insane asylum, had come to work at G corp. Unfortunately, back at the Asylum that Miss Crabtree left, her last patient, Charles De Laney, had escaped along with several other maniacs, and traveled North of the Durem Caves where the Facility building stood tall and strong. Miss Crabtree got to the fugitive. No one knows what happened in there. Did Charles kill Miss Crabtree, or was it the other way around? But during the event, the higher powers decided to call a self destruct of the Facility. Miss CrabTree, Chares De Laney, and our Head leader, Z, never made it out. They are all presumed dead. Because of the explosion, all experiments were destroyed. Or were they?

PROVEN: Miss Crabtree survived the incident! She claims to have hid in a cave until it was safe for reasons I don't know of...

Obviously Z's supposed death was written due to real-life events within the guild. I don't know the origin for the name of Charles De Laney, or if it has to do with the real-life Charles Delaney or not. I don't remember if this event happened before or after the guild changed owners, but I'm inclined to believe it was after. LabTech099 is, of course, my LabTech character.
Beta is located underground under the Durem Reclamation Hub, the entrance being somewhere inside the cave, and extends northward all the way towards the Barton Cliffs. Part of the facility was destroyed as part of the event that created the huge crater there. However, this is the current Beta facility, Beta 2.0. Beta 1.0 Was above ground, and destroyed during the event mentioned above.

Archive_03
Dead End, A Christmas Party:
During Project DRAKO, LabTech099 had Gathered some parts from where the Robot Santa Crashed into the Link list Building. He stored them in the Cybernetics lab in the new G Corp Facility located in the cave near the Durem Reclamation Hub, but unknown to 099, was that a virus was residing in the debris of the Santa Suit. It began to control the Machinery, and killed LabTech024, and his four crew members. During the Christmas Party at G Corp, A New intern arrived, and was given the I.D. LabTech347. Suddenly, the virus took over the robotic machinery in the compound. The Battle for domination of Robot over human has begun. LabTech099 and the Virus, who was controlling one main robot, faced off in the Bio-Acid Chamber. After the Virus told 099 that he was a spectre born from the dark powers of Jack, the Halloween king, he attacked, but to no avail, as 099 had a weapon hidden, and blew the Virus into the Bio-Acid. Afterwards, Mr. Bono Vox and 099 went to the hall room to clean up the mess.

I like to believe that LabTech I.D.'s change hands after the previous owner expires for whatever reason. It feels appropriate for a cold and cynical science facility to treat its employees as easily replaceable, given that they're referred to by numbers instead of names.
I actually drew and colored a short comic for the end of this event. I was 14-15 and just getting into Photoshop. The art and comic itself were... very bad. I don't think I need to go out of my way to dig it up. If I have to, I want to remake it, at the very least. I can do a MUCH better job now with my +4 years as a proper digital artist and BA in Graphic Design.

Archive_04
A New Leader:
After successfully saving the crew at G Corp, LabTech099 was given Captain status. LabTech099 was very pleased to work with the commander of G Corp, Mr. Bono Vox. Unfortunately, LabTech099 was given the status for a reason: To be the new Leader of G Corp. Mr. Bono Vox was retiring, and handed Leadership Status over to LabTech099.

Unfortunately, I was also hired as a Pixel Artist for AniOnline/Anitaria around this time, and foolishly let the guild sink into activity. I had a lot of ideas for future roleplay stories, but ideas are the easiest things to make. Making those ideas a reality takes immensely disproportionate effort, and that's if you don't realize you never really had an idea that works to begin with.
I gave the guild back to Tao after it was apparent I wasn't doing anything with the guild.

Archive_05
Break In:
G Corp has been infiltrated (yet again -_-; ) by an unknown life form. It has breached the Facility, and is on the move. 099, and Mr. Skellington had to make it up to the first level of G Corp without access to an elevator or stairway while a LabTech who claims to be LabTech024 stayed down in level 6, and prepared a bunker filled with weapons that would be used to defeat the creature. The creature, now classified as EXILE, breached the bunker, where LabTech024 and EXILE battled it out. It was later revealed that LabTech024 was the genetic experiment known as DRAKO which began shortly before the attack of Charels De Laney. Drako later defeated Exile, and LabTech099 issued repairs on Levels 1-6, but is the event truly over?

EXILE is a combination of the Xenomorph from the Alien franchise and The Thing, given that he originated in the Antarctic. He was meant to take advantage of the Alien Mask item on Gaia by making it a legitimate creature in the universe (at least in fanfic form). We were limited with only the mask, but LabTech347 created not only a custom avatar to alleviate our imaginations, but also created his own comic for the beginning of the event, AND a world map of the Gamma facility that was so good it actually fooled some users into believing it was made by Gaia themselves. (I can no longer prove this because the thread has been purged apparently).

The culmination of this event was meant to see that project DRAKO was completed, the result of which was our guild's first ever NPC (not counting enemy NPCs). If you remember, LabTech024 died in the prior event with the androids. This was to foreshadow Drako's reveal later in the story, having taken 024's identity to get past the facilities high security. As far as story goes, this is where the story ends. However, I had plans on EXILE returning, becoming a rival to Drako, and the reveal that EXILE's DNA was used in his creation.
Future story ideas involved EXILE returning as a giant kaiju monster (stuck inside the facility) with the Virus Infected Robot from the Android event bringing him back and being responsible for their growth. After the death of LabTech213, another guild NPC, He would have been defeated by tying him to a missile and launching him into the atmosphere, killing both him and the Virus Infected Robot for good... at least until a clone would be created.

Archive_X0
We Are Not Alone:
During Halloween of 2006, G Corp was assigned to guard the Mansion from any attacks. Reports show of a creature attacking an off shoot annex from the main bunker, which turned out to be EXILE. After he was defeated, 099 ordered that EXILE was to be taken back to the facility for study, but when they began to dissect the body the next day, it was gone.

This story was not meant to be Canon prior to the G Corp Beta plot, and was meant only for fun.

I have no idea what this was suppose to be.  

Mike D.

Crew

Quotable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Mike D.

Crew

Quotable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100