Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:46 pm
Li'tt! Come out and play with me! Are you done chasing? Is it a bad time???

Having Vuurth was like having an alarm clock. How long had it been since he'd slept in? The answer was easily however old his blue was, though it was likely somewhat inaccurate in the simplicity of it. Li'tt stirred tiredly, feeling as though while he slept he'd been smashed in the face with a bag of rocks. Just not quite rested, just a little sore, just a little....

Oh, I see what you meant by chasing. Li'tt informed as he stirred, his arm having another body laid over it. Someone familiar in face, but not in name. You should know names before you chase! Vuurth informed him with no small amount of offense about it. He'd have asked the pretty green posted outside for his Li'tt, but a larger brown was settled with her, as though daring him to even look at her. Oh. Maybe later! Li'tt would have laughed out loud, if it wouldn't have lacked context and perhaps upset the lovely lady he'd found himself curled up with.

Yes, he'd certainly gotten up to a little chasing, hadn't he? A young gold had taken to the sky and Li'tt had lost himself to it.

Well, with that in mind, he re-settled, not too eager to simply peel himself out of bed until he'd gotten a feel for how she would have preferred the morning to go, at least. Was she awake? He'd at least test the waters a little, brushing her hair back to kiss her forehead as he settled in.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm
Iafri had developed something of a bad habit in recent months - oh, plenty of people likely wouldn't have viewed it that way, with Weyrs being the way they were, but for Iafri, it was definitely not emotionally healthy, as her dragon wasn't shy about pointing out. As anxious about others as she was, the greenrider had always been a hopeless mess when it came to relationship potential, and little better about anything casual. So she'd long used Flights as an occasional outlet, an easy way past her anxieties, at least until the morning when they were all quite enthusiastic about rushing back. But lately, it had started to hinge on desperate; she was lonely, and feeling it far more sharply than ever, with Girofleth spending so much time so happily tucked under the wing of a certain brown.

But while Girofleth might have been lucky enough to find love as a result of a Flight, Iafri had yet to be similarly fortunate. Her morning-afters over the last Turn had been either nonexistent or downright upsetting, and being as she was, she always blamed herself. So when she started feeling a pull to wakefulness, she resisted for as long as she could to put off having to face the inevitable...which she expected to be someone extricating themselves and leaving, not the tickle of having her hair brushed back and her forehead kissed.

...oh. That was nice. Not that she didn't still dread having to wake up to some degree, but maybe her luck hadn't been quite as rotten this time (or maybe she would still ruin it by being...her). But lying here pretending to be asleep wasn't a viable longterm plan, so finally she opened bleary eyes and offered a shyly murmurred "Good morning."

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm
"Good morning," Li'tt replied, contently bundling into the blankets as he settled in for what was likely to be at least somewhat of a stay - depending on her mood. He could feel Vuurth's anxious disappointment upon realizing that he wasn't coming outside, and Li'tt pushed the blue away - Calm down. If you can't, go fly it off. Vuurth settled for sulking in the water and staring up towards the weyr sadly. Li'tt brushed off the guilt trip. "I hope Vuurth hasn't been bothering your dragon," because it sure was something he would have done.

"And I hope I didn't bother you with a rude intrusion. Did you sleep well?" He'd like to think perhaps she did, but well....he wasn't going to assume anything until she said so either way.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 pm
No move to leave, just a bit of resettling to get comfortable. That was...good? Maybe? This was quite comfortable, in spite of the incessant loop of worries running through her head that kept her from enjoying it as much as she might have liked to.

"Girofleth is hard to bother," Iafri answered after a moment, and it was true. The little green could get along with most personalities, short of bullies and unnecessarily aggressive types. She'd likely have been content to chat with a guest, if not otherwise occuppied. "Of course not. I wouldn't call it an intrusion." Her words were all soft, and she kept her head tucked against him as a convenient excuse not to make eye contact. "I did sleep well. I...hope you did too?"

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:24 am
It seemed Vuurth had at least not found snippish company - though Li'tt was already finding the idea that the dragon of this young lady would have been snippish when she was very quiet and seemed just as inclined to stay bundled up under the covers.

As she settled against him, he idly stroked her shoulder and upper back with his free arm - a mostly mindless gesture, but comforting in it's idleness. "As long as you found it mostly pleasant, I'll try to not worry about it," though he did find some issue with the fact that he didn't remember it all more than feelings and the screaming lust of a maiden gold. Unfortunate.

"I slept like the dead, apparently - I almost didn't realize I was here when I woke up," Li'tt answered. "I do like waking up to pleasant surprises, though, and you certainly qualify."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:48 am
Now that was very nice, and Iafri practically melted in spite of herself and nestled a little closer. It might have been an idle, mindless gesture, but as someone who had little close physical contact with other people, she was, to be frank, a bit touch-starved. No matter how much affection and reassurance her dragon heaped upon her, it couldn't totally replace human affection.

"Of course. Please don't worry," she said after a moment, concerned that he was actually worried; the night was fairly hazy for her as well, but was sure she'd remember if something had been amiss. Not that she'd have said anything if it had been. It was better - or at least easier - to let things like that go.

"I...you think so?" She finally peeked up at him, the wide-eyed glance shy but hopeful. She was a pleasant surprise? Really?

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:17 pm
She was small and warm, and Li'tt found her entirely pleasant to be curled up with. Just the right shape for cuddling.

"If you're not bothered, I'll try to not fuss too much, then," Li'tt lied. He was already formulating in his mind the best way one went about making such a thing right. Not that she seemed too bothered by the position it had left them both in.

He felt her stir, looking down at Iafri as she peered back up at him, offering the timid woman a warm smile. "Of course I do! A lovely lady in my arms and some delightful conversation? Certainly not the usual."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:49 pm
Given that this was already going far better than any post-Flight interaction she'd had in the last Turn, Iafri very definitely did not have any complaints, and as far as fussing went, well, she could do more than enough for both of them. Not that she would say as much right this moment, as saying the wrong thing and being too obviously nervous had...not gone over well for her in the past. Thinking about it overmuch still set her nerves on edge all this time later. And as nice as Vuurth's rider - she couldn't remember his name, if she'd gotten it at all - seemed, the last thing she wanted to do was give him a reason to find her less of a pleasant surprise than he'd initially aasumed.

She blushed at his assurance that not only was she indeed a pleasant surprise, but lovely. Delightful conversationalist might have been a stretch, but either way, such compliments were a very rare treat. She might not fully believe she fit them, but she would cherish them anyway. Iafri tucked her head against him again, dodging more prolonged eye contact..also it felt nice. "I'm glad you think so."

"I...I'm Iafri, by the way." Introductions were probably in order, since he seemed, amazingly enough, content to stay awhile.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:55 pm
She tucked her head back into place, and Li'tt leaned his chin against the top of her head, soaking in the feeling of her being there. For how long, he didn't know, but the morning had already taken on a lazy tone - one he imagined would stretch into the afternoon, based on past experiences.

"Li'tt of blue Vuurth," he introduced in kind. Maybe she'd eventually decide this wasn't the kind of morning for her and boot him out, so for the time being, he would soak it up. Sometimes, human company was just...nice. Of course, spending away the morning like this would have been nice, but sometimes...

"Are you hungry?"

Breakfast.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:47 am
That felt nice, and Iafri closed her eyes for a few moments, enjoying being held and feeling safe. The constant background hum of anxiety she lived with even faded a little, and if nothing more had been said, might very well have fallen asleep again sooner rather than later. But while she shied away from much eye contact, Li'tt still had her full attention regardless. He was a bluerider, that was...that was good. Not that dragon color meant anything here, but weyrlinghood elsewhere had deeply ingrained certain assumptions that some colors were seen more 'important' than others, and their riders more likely to be...well, a lot of things.

As for whether she was hungry, such a simple question was cause for a lot of thought. Was she? A little, but not enough to justify being a bother if he wasn't also hungry. But if he was hungry and she said no, would he get food for himself or stay out of courtesy and be hungry? Ultimately, she decided it was best to admit, "A little. I'm- it's not bad though, if you're not. Hungry, I mean."

Obviously he wasn't bad.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:15 am
Li'tt considered her answer quietly - even if only a 'little', wasn't it worth being fed? While he'd grown up in a place that didn't have the best of reputations, food hadn't been a particular struggle...mostly because he'd been so insistent it wouldn't be. He shifted, pulling his arm out from under Iafri at last to get up.

"A little is still worth feeding," he answered, planting another kiss on her forehead before getting up and...well, figuring out where his pants had ended up. Ah, here they were. Wait, no, these weren't his pants. Uhhh...Oh! Yeah, these were definitely his. "I'll be back hopefully quickly - assuming everybody else doesn't have the same plan. Any requests?"

He'd linger long enough to get an answer before he was off.....in only his pants. Hey, was anybody really going to judge a half-dressed dragonrider right after a Goldflight? Was anybody even going to be up???

At least one person was up, it would seem, even if it took a little longer than planned for Li'tt to return with the promised breakfast. Not a super-heavy spread, but enough to hopefully tide over the pair until Lunch. "Sorry for the wait, I wasn't the only one who came calling this morning," he explained as he settled back on the bed and set the plate down so they could both pick from it.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:12 am
Iafri couldn't help but be a bit disappointed when he moved, extricating himself to hunt for his clothes. She nestled down further into the covers to compensate for the loss of warmth - not that the weather wasn't seasonably warm, but that wasn't the same. Being so tucked in against someone had been both comfortable and comforting. She watched him quietly while he searched, but if at any point he turned her way or she thought he might notice, she was quick to look away.

"A-anything is fine," was her answer, and it was true. She was far from picky when it came to food, and even if presented with something she didn't like, would eat and profess to enjoy it.

She'd then watched him leave, feeling a bit forlorn. Would he come back? He'd not taken all of his clothes, so probably? Maybe? While she waited to find out, she finally slid out of bed and got dressed herself, before collecting and carefully folding whatever he'd left behind to set atop the trunk at the end of her bed. She then resettled in the bed and just...waited. And fretted about whether or not he would come back, but also how things would proceed if he did.

But he did, eventually, return, and she pulled herself back up into a sit, a shy-but-happy ghost of a smile flickering across her features before she was back to looking more down than directly at him. "It's alright. I'm sure everyone's..." As she hesitated to elaborate, she made a vague gesture until she got the words out, "Got an..appetite today."

Iafri regarded the plate, but didn't immediately reach for anything, waiting quietly for him to take what he wanted.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:59 am
"A lot have appetites and don't want to be up and about would be my guess," Li'tt agreed, settling so he could lean against Iafri's side. "I'm sure the majority were up later than they planned for," and had a bit more action than they'd planned on.

Li'tt waited a moment, waiting to see if Iafri would simply scoop up anything before he moved to scoop a knife from his things (which were so neatly placed at the end of the bed! How convenient for him!), then back to where he'd settled. He carefully took one of the thicker crusted pieces of bread, cutting it into halves before picking up a redfruit and slicing it similarly, laying it on top of the two halves. The cheese was given a test slice, Li'tt evaluating the flavor - hmm, mild and young. That'd be nice. Then, two more followed on top of the sliced fruit.

One of the strange concoctions was offered to Iafri. "I promise it's good." he said with a smile.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:20 pm
Though she'd not known what to expect, it was very definitely not that he woukd so readily resume physical contact, leaning against her side like it was nothing at all. It was nice, and she certainly had no objections, but that someone would want even that sort of casual affection with her, even as a temporary thing post-Flight, was rather a foreign concept for the skittish greenrider. But she would very happily soak it up, especially as she was sure it was a one-morning-only sort of deal. She would take it while she could get it.

He'd soon moved again to fetch a knife, but once again returned. She watched quietly as he prepared what she assumed would be his breakfast, and which looked ever-so delightful - she would have to assemble something similar when it was her turn, if there was enough of the components left - and was quite surprised when he offered her half of what he had prepared. She blinked at it for a moment before accepting, glancing up with something like awe as she did so. But it was once again only a quick glance, then she focused her gaze down at the food she now held cradled in her hands. "...Thank you. It looks very good."

She might have been only a little hungry before, but now? She was practically starving. But she continued to just look down at it, waiting for him to start first.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:54 pm
Once she took the offering, Li'tt set his knife back where he'd retrieved it from. "Straightforward things are always good," he beamed, taking up the other slice of bread and taking his first bite of it. It was delightful and he rolled back slightly as he savored it. "Yeah, that cheese is definitely just right for this," not too strong, not too salty. He'd have preferred a sweeter fruit, but it was still good.

"How do you like it?"

Meepfur

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas