Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
So......thirsty..... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Water?
  Need...more........
  Ahh!! I'm melting...
  Nope, just fine
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:02 pm
Ok, so I live in the Southeast USA, and we are in a major drought. The lake that is our major source of water, is down by 19 feet. The government keeps letting out more water downstream to save the endangered mussels and sturgeon.

Well, when us humans die, at least they saved the fish right? stare The one year we needed a Hurricane, we get none at all.

We have about 80 days of water left, counting total outdoor watering bans, and water rationing. I told Ace that I want Bottled Water for Christmas. xp

So, are any of you people in a drought? Or would you like to brag about all the glorious, cool, refreshing water that you have?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:05 pm
somewhat ironically here we often have droughts and floods at the same time. So otago will be having a hugh drought while the north island is busy being flooded.

Sounds like a suckful situation to be in >.< at least u can eat the mussels right?  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:10 pm
Iconised Ghost
somewhat ironically here we often have droughts and floods at the same time. So otago will be having a hugh drought while the north island is busy being flooded.

Sounds like a suckful situation to be in >.< at least u can eat the mussels right?

No, they are endangered. That is why we are protecting them. And I hate seafood. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:12 pm
This part of Ohio is rather wet.  

strawberryfizz

Semira Nox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:17 pm
yeah long island is rather island-y and wet i feel for you though  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:17 pm
strawberryfizz
This part of Ohio is rather wet.

Yeah, I know. crying

In fact, we had a softball game today. We were throwing the ball around, and it fell down the hill into the creek. I ran down trying to catch it before it was washed away, when I realize the creek is bone dry. I could kick up the dust as I jumped down into the creek bed to retrieve the ball. Sad huh?  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 pm
Midori Hayashi
Iconised Ghost

No, they are endangered. That is why we are protecting them. And I hate seafood. xp

how...endangered... ninja looks like theyre about to become a whole lot more endangered to me mrgreen

EDIT: eek i just got a gold trunk on this post  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:25 pm
Iconised Ghost
Midori Hayashi
Iconised Ghost

how...endangered... ninja looks like theyre about to become a whole lot more endangered to me mrgreen

EDIT: eek i just got a gold trunk on this post

Wow! Nice trunk. xd

Yeah, I guess they will be more endangered. Sucks for them. xp  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Semira Nox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:26 pm
...a gold trunk you say...how niice  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 pm
should i open it or sell it? probably sell it

I hate seafood too, but if i was starving i guess id eat them. Whats a sturgeon by the way?  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:32 pm
Iconised Ghost
should i open it or sell it? probably sell it

I hate seafood too, but if i was starving i guess id eat them. Whats a sturgeon by the way?

A sturgeon is a fish. No more than a fish.

Sell it. Get some money. That's what I would do...I only have 17k. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:37 pm
is it pwetty fish?

Yeah i'll sell it. Ive only got about 6,000 at the mo, but im worth about 400k so im not complaining ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:44 pm
Iconised Ghost
is it pwetty fish?

Yeah i'll sell it. Ive only got about 6,000 at the mo, but im worth about 400k so im not complaining ^_^

Sturgeon:

http://www.hellscanyonsportfishing.com/images/sturgeon pictures/Kevin & Sturgeon 2.jpg
BIG fish, but not pretty.

Wow. I am worthless.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:50 pm
Sturgeon are like salmon that live in the ocean. They spawn in fresh water, though, I think. And they're huge.

They're protected in this region, too. They're culturally important here, because the tribes hunt them as a rite of passage or something. Maybe it's the whales I'm thinking of...or maybe it's both whales and sturgeon, but probably different tribes for each...

Anyway, sucks that you're in a drought. It's weird to me to be in a drought at this time of year, though, because this is the start of our rainy season xD

I remember once the water main in our town froze and broke (or exploded from all the rain or something - in our area, it rains all day from October to June, but things usually freeze overnight in the winter, and I didn't live in town at the time, so I dunno what the cause of it was)...anyway, we had all the water in the world, between the busted pipe and the rain, but none to drink xD  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:54 pm
wow that is a freaking awesome fish!

yeah droughts can be jinda ironic. When u live on an island in the pacific and have a drought, its pretty frustrating to be surrounded by water and not have anything to drink  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff