Avatar Arena: is it really worth it? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:09 pm
User Image

So I entered this (or something like it)avatar into the avatar arena last week and forgot about it. I finally remembered to check my results and realised I totally wasted my money because people are too bloody picky. I don't remember what the description was word for word but I never said it was supposed to look like a dragon, only that I wanted to try to make the skin and tail work.

I mean, I never expected to win but I thought it was no where near as bad as some of these people seemed to want to say it was, here is my rating and my comments, I took out the ones that were just "nice" "cool" and the like. I did get a few really amazing comments too, so that kind of made up for it. I only got a total of 32 comments in all.

So, I ask you, is the avatar arena really worth it?

Quote:
Title: Dragon Queen
Score: 6.8718
Comments you received

-Chrome_sight-
too many dramatic avies

purple_nail_polish_Itachi
wow this is really cool 10/10

ShoeBunny
she is indeed-I like the mixing of things-this is
the first good use I've ever seen for that tail.
XD

slowed622944
kinda ludicrous WOOT

noveriot
ummmmmmmmmm...... too.... out there. sry

Anime_on_Demand
I love the avatar but...the hair dosen't match.
red and blue do not go together. maybe like a
blonde or a blue, or something that it already
there. so yeah...But other then that I LOVE it! so
I shall give you a 9/10!! smile

cindz145
it honestly...doesnt look like a dragon...5/10

JennyferLynn
no. the face is mazzing. the ears, your hair
no. your clothing, no. the tail not the right
color really. 4

rpgamer987
It might be called Dragon Skin, but honestly, you
can't possibly do any decent dragon avatar with
it. Doubtful you can even do a draconian.

Enrique Von Strangle
Dragon Tales, Dragon Tale. Let's go to Dragon
Tales. xD

Soten_Jaganshi
I second Shoebunny- First good use of the tail i
have EVER seen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:17 pm
no, i never enter the arena. they think it has to be great. when they enter theirs and they suck worse than you DX. *is reffering to me in this* stupid bastards!  

Dark_Wyvern

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm
    I don't think any of those comments are that bad? People just comment to say...something. Odds are most of it won't be positive. And 32 comments is actually quite a lot, I think, for someone who even forgot they entered and didn't spread the word or advertise in any way.

The AA is never really worth it. But your experience wasn't that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm
Most of the people who vote are ******** morons. They shouldnt allow n00bs to vote......

(Avatar Arena = popularity contest)

Allah The Eternal

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:24 pm
What's really annoying is when the little N00blets decide that a perfectly accurate avi needs an OMG hat or some other ridiculous thing that would destroy whatever the original person was going for. And then they give them a One! It's retarded.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:28 pm
It really isn't worth it at all. I entered a few weeks ago, and got the same kind of comments. The majority of them where from mules, and everyone was voting poorly because I did not put in a description. Its an avi arena, who the flip cares? *Sigh* And all the darn n00bs...  

ThisAcctIsNoLongeActive

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:29 pm
I think I've entered the avatar arena four times. The last time, I had the chicken mask, the gift of the gods' leaf that covers the crotch region, and the jack'd cape.

I thought it was really funny, and so did a lot of people. But out of five pages of comments, only about five comments took it as a spoof. Everyone else was either saying

Quote:
"Ewww, that's so disgusting >< PERVERT"

Or

Quote:
"You're an idiot for posting this. How disgraceful."

Yeah. They're morons.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:41 pm
I entered once. rolleyes I was the first one to use the mermaid tail and the Water hair together (no really, I entered just in time when the items were released). I put a lot of work into it, and people said she didn't look enough like a mermaid....SHE HAD A FRICKEN TAIL!  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Dark_Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 pm
when i entered i did great XD. i got like a 7 or something, maybe an eight, i dont care. But yeah people loved mine.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:15 pm
The avatar area is stupid. It is a noob breding ground.
People will give you a bad rating if you don't have a description, a theme, look like a famous character,or have on extremely rare item.
The description part is the worst. It is a your avi looks cool contest not a your description is cool conteat.  

Kire Kaysan

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:23 pm
Kire Kaysan
The avatar area is stupid. It is a noob breding ground.
People will give you a bad rating if you don't have a description, a theme, look like a famous character,or have on extremely rare item.
The description part is the worst. It is a your avi looks cool contest not a your description is cool conteat.

Actually, I usually have three of those four, and I always get below a seven. I just don't go for a famous character.

Alas... my downfall.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:32 pm
I'll try my hand at this again.

I don't really expect to win this contest since there are so many other good entries that can best mine. I do it to see what other people think of my awesome costume. And w/e 1,000 isn't even that much. And some comments just make me feel darn good. ^_^

Off to make a costume!  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:29 pm
I entered once...just to say that I've done it...
But, I don't care for being overly criticized...so, won't be doing it again :XP:  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:13 pm
We have a guy cosplaying as Jesus right now complete with Halo and he's not going to win.

No, the arena isn't worth it.  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:25 pm
Omnileech
We have a guy cosplaying as Jesus right now complete with Halo and he's not going to win.

No, the arena isn't worth it.

I'd vote. Link meh if you can.  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas