Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Lord, not this! [UPDATED Surgery RESULTS] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dentist/Orthodontist?
  MUST KILL
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:22 pm
Ugghhh! I just got a call from my Orthodontist. He said to schedule a Dentist appointment soon. Why? THEY ARE TAKING OUT 4 OF MY TEETH! gonk He said my mouth is too small for my teeth, and I need to take out my bicuspids. Why me, why now?

I am scared to death of the Dentist/Ortho. I cry when I just walk into the office. (yes, I am that bad) They use that gas to make me sleepy, and dizzy, so they can clean my teeth. Thank the Lord I have never had a cavity! So anyway, I am afraid of needles too. I can sew with them, but if you stick one in me, I freak. Both Ace and Manji told me to ask them to knock me out, but I am still freaking scared of the needle to knock me out in the first place!

So, I also have this thing in my mouth.
Thing

I hate it, and it hates me. They have ripped it out before, only to put it right back in, and it hurts like the dickens! They said it was,"to teach me a lesson about eating candy". I'MMA TEENAGER, WE LOVE CANDY. How can they expect me not to eat 1 skittle? Yes you heard me, all that pain for 1 skittle.

So, now that I am done complaining, let's hear your tooth stories! Feel free to bash your dentist/ortho. I will agree.

---------------
Ok, so this Friday, the 1st of February, is my Surgery. They said I will take all weekend to recover, because of my Mental Condition as well as Physical. (more mental though xD)

Pray for me!
-----------------------
OMFG I AM SO SORE

My mouth still hasn't un-numbed yet though, after 4 hours. They used Nitrus Oxide on me to calm me down, and used numbing cream before the shot. It only stung for a second. Then they started with the pliers, pushing on my teeth. DEAR LORD THAT HURT LIKE HELL. It was mainly pressure, but then I tasted blood, and started freaking out. The gas made me kinda dizzy and funny, so I start humming and stuff to the radio station. lol!

So the top ones were harder because they had more roots, but overall it went fine. Now I am waiting for my mouth to un-numb, and then we shall see what pain I will get. I can't get over those gaping holes in my mouth though. gonk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:35 pm
god i hate them both my teeth hurt from the orthodondist!~  

Goddess Bubbles

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:29 pm
Gothic_Chick_Skater

Ditto. scream
I know they are technically 'helping' you, but it still hurts.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:02 pm
Umm which ones are those agian, tha only one's i can ever remember are molars and canines. sweatdrop  

Ashon_Superior

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:33 pm
I remember once we had a "field trip" when I was little and the teacher wouldn't tell us where we were going. I was so excited until I saw that we went to the dentist. I panicked cause I thought they were gonna use needles on me, but the dentist was really sweet and he gave me a balloon. 4laugh
After that I wasn't afraid of going to the dentist. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:03 pm
I had braces...agh...hmmm, but i think it's worth the pain, but it did hut a lot since they put me this strings to move my chin into the right place... scream Such memories crying  

Alexa_REfan

4,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:19 pm
Let's see...

Lyss had to get two teeth pulled out when she was little, before she had her awesome new dentist.

Lyss literally grabbed the dentist's wrist, and freaked when she saw these GIANT pair of pliers. 'Twas not a happy memory.

Thank goodness Lyss never had a cavity, or have to use braces.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:41 pm
Chia's teeth are not pretty...

Last time I got them cleaned, it was early in the morning.. the little nozzle on the thing that sprays water popped off in my face and I got TONS of water squirted all over me... it was awful xDDD

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:31 pm
Lily's had an expander, five teeth pulled (soon to be six), braces, and now a retainer for night.

But yanno what? It was all worth it because now I have straight teeth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 am
Have to agree i hate it too, i am so bad that i wait if i am immence pain to see my dentist. on one occasion i broke the back of my tooth and they had refilled in 6 times, which to me there was NO point concidering it had NO back rolleyes but still none the less they ignored me and did it. [although i was a pain saying it aint gonna stay in, will fall out by tommorow at the latest] and i was always right mrgreen

But of course insted of them dealing with it then and removing it, they left it this time without a filling and of course food got in there, use to have to clean it out but no ammount of cleaning would set it right concidering they left it for too long so i ended up getting serious toothache, i was 18 crying my eyes out chewing at a damn pillow cause the pain was so bad. I refused to see the dentist cause i HATE them bigtime and the dude i always got use to GRIN whilst he was working on my teeth CREEPY. seemed like he enjoyed causing people pain.

So anyway i ended up losing my rag crying to my mum, getting her to make the appointment for the dentist that night, those 6 hours til i could go hurt like hell, then i had to leave the pillow which was soaked and because of that when the cold air hit my mouth OMG i wanted to die. i hated needles and the one was HUGE sorry hun but mine was he had to give me 6 cause they was not working, i was awake the whole darn thing. the nurse asked me if i wanted to hold her hand whilst it was done. my responce "yes but if it hurts im gonna break every bone in that hand" so of course i held no ones hand lol. they removed it and all was done. good and well but even now i am terrified lol  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:29 am
Yeah, I know ya'll got it worse than me, and I sure do feel bad for you. gonk

My dentist still gives me toys. neutral I still hate them though. All my Ortho does is scream at me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:24 am
I remember one time i went to the dentist and his small 4 year old was hanging around the office domokun and i was coming in cause i had a bad cavity in the 1 tooth, anyways to make a long story short i was strapped into the chair and he was drilling into the tooth ( smells like burnt hair ) and all out of nowhere his kid comes and starts pulling his arms like " daddy daddy daddy ! rofl "

I confess to you people that i was scared shitless because the drill started moving in every direction inside my mouth domokun after his kid was contained i let him finish the job and i will never go there again domokun  

Irukus

Dae Stelaire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:05 am
I despise dentist, not as people but because of their jobs. I'm incredibly afraid of them and usually even avoid the building by a mile. This is probably only because I had this real bad cavity when I was about 8 years old. I don't know what they did to my poor teeth back then but it surely hurt like nothing I have ever experienced before.... domokun
Ever since I have been cleaning my teeth very carefully... I don't want that experience repeated crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 pm
I had braces for 4 years, they were uncomfortable, but not excruciating. I also had 2 teeth out because I also had too many teeth for my head apparently (basically I had a choice between 2 teeth out and having my jaw extended...yeah, not a terribly difficult choice there). The fear makes the experience worse I think. I didn't feel any pain worth mentioning but I was absolutely petrified. I wasn't knocked out, I just had a local anaesthetic injected. They also used this putty stuff which numbed the area first before they injected it, so that made it a lot better

Try not to stress about it! Think about it lots, try to desensitise yourself to the idea and remember to just breathe through it. You'll be dandy and have nice teeth at the end. Like this--> mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 am
Midori Hayashi
Gothic_Chick_Skater

Ditto. scream
I know they are technically 'helping' you, but it still hurts.

They get paid way too much for it to be called 'helping'.

I have a major overbite, but I'm a super whimp... I have a feeling I'm never getting braces, because of all these scary stories. That, and I have my two front teeth pulled, which I can't remember like most this that happened over 5 minutes ago, but it scared me or something. I only have 8 grown-up teeth, and I havn't had a loose tooth in years. I've had loose teeth, but after eating on the other side of my mought for a while they just stopped being loose, so I don't think I'm getting more then 8 big-kid teeth unless they are pulled. And I'm fairly certain that part of my overbite being so bad it that it's the only way for my teath to touch(the 8 are the four front top, and front bottom ones). ninja and one of those bottom ones definatly doesn't fit right ninja So I'd have to be unconsious long before you even consider taking me to a dentist for a chance in hell. stare
That's why I don't think I'm ever getting braces. talk2hand

~Metalic_Noodles

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas