Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Past, Present, Future, Destiny Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Destiny
  Doesn't exist
  Rules my life
  Is something I've never thought about
  Gives me gold
View Results

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:14 am
As the title says, this is for discussion on "past, present, future, and destiny". What are you opinions on these topics?
What affects do the you the past, centuries ago, has or has had on your soul and current place in life?
Do you think there is any meaning to your life at present? Or is all meaning withheld until the future comes?
What will the future hold for you? Will it be something great? Will your destiny be revealed? Or do you truly think there is no destiny and you will simply live life until you die?

Those questions and many more can be discussed. So come on, I'm interested in hearing your views.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:27 am
Apparently my future holds a genocide of my nation domokun since that has been floating around for some time now and it appear more and more people are talking about it domokun i see dark days ahead  

Irukus

Dae Stelaire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:19 am
@ Ikurus: Sounds very depressing. What nationality are you??

I believe in destiny... do you know those deja vus? That happens to me all the time and makes me think somehow this certain event had to happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:01 am
@ Ikurus: I'm rather interested to know your nationality as well. I haven't heard of any one nation threatened with genocide, but then I tend to stay in here and ignore the world...

@ Dae Stelaire: Yes, I've heard of those, though I don't really believe in them, since I don't really have them. I've dreamt about things and thought about them afterwards for a while because they seemed odd to dream about, and then later they happen, but that's it. I wouldn't call that deja vu.  

YukaSilkenFur

Irukus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:10 pm
I am from South Africa domokun its a mass racial genocide orchestrated by the ANC to wipe SA " clean " of us, i suspect that this will happen around 2012 because the world is currently keeping a close eye on SA because of the soccer world cup domokun i believe some fool posted the " rumor " of uhuru on wikipedia lol

To make it clear i don't expect anyone to believe me about this, i can just say that there is thousands of people secretly gathering supplies and weapons in preparation for this unnecessary murder domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:39 pm
I dont believe in destiny at all. Everything has a cause, and to just say "oh that must be your destiny!" is a bit lazy to me. If anyone said that my achievements were due to destiny I'd be pretty hacked off. I think my future holds whatever I choose to put in it whee and I'll only get out what I put in wink  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Amica

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:14 pm
I think everything happens for a reason.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:19 pm
@ Iconised Ghost: I agree with you. The universe we know of revolves around cause and effect. Our choices change and define everything we do.
I don't like the idea of having my life already planned out for me. Makes me feel helpless. The future is chaos, it's up to us to sort it out.
whee

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 pm
. tora wings .
@ Iconised Ghost: I agree with you. The universe we know of revolves around cause and effect. Our choices change and define everything we do.
I don't like the idea of having my life already planned out for me. Makes me feel helpless. The future is chaos, it's up to us to sort it out.
whee

but by saying that the future is chaos and its up to us to sort it out, isnt that kinda like saying that the future is already planned out for you? whee

I like the idea of the butterfly theory ^_^ I dont know if its true or not, but its a nice idea to think about  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm
Heh heh, noez.. I just meant that our own choices can mold what we become. Nothing planned there, just the 'carpe diem' principle.

Butterfly Effect is fascinating! My dad was ranting RE: quantum physics the other day. It was mind-boggling but I got really excited about it!

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:05 pm
@ Iconised Ghost and . tora wings . : Aye. I don't believe everything is "planned" and set in stone. I believe there is something higher powers would like us to do and if we are open enough to it we can see the signs, but it is our choice if we follow those signs. Our future is still up to us. If they want something to happen bad enough, they may try to hint like crazy and guide us, but in the end it still comes down to choice. I believe in destiny as a request or desire of gods, not a perfectly laid plan.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:52 pm
@ Yuka: I think that's a pretty cool concept actually, but being atheist I'm inclined to think differently. My friend's Catholic and he always yells at me for being so ultimate about it, but I believe in what you mentioned earlier:
YukaSilkenFur
Or do you truly think there is no destiny and you will simply live life until you die?

Isn't that what life is?  

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:02 pm
. tora wings .
@ Yuka: I think that's a pretty cool concept actually, but being atheist I'm inclined to think differently. My friend's Catholic and he always yells at me for being so ultimate about it, but I believe in what you mentioned earlier:
YukaSilkenFur
Or do you truly think there is no destiny and you will simply live life until you die?

Isn't that what life is?
Well that's completely probable. ^^ Believe me, I'm not one to question someone else's opinion unless they're quite clearly being ignorant and stubborn. Your beliefs are your own and it's quite possible that they're correct. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 pm
High five for being accepting. I get "OMG YOU HEATHEN FOOOOL" a lot, how tedious. But hey, I'm way cool with every belief I come across, and I accept that anyone's views may be the correct ones. I've yet to be proved right, they've yet to be proved wrong... and all that.
I love this kind of discussion, though. I'm working my way up to getting a Doctorate in Psychology, and I love learning new things about how people think about everything. biggrin

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

YukaSilkenFur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:15 pm
. tora wings .
High five for being accepting. I get "OMG YOU HEATHEN FOOOOL" a lot, how tedious. But hey, I'm way cool with every belief I come across, and I accept that anyone's views may be the correct ones. I've yet to be proved right, they've yet to be proved wrong... and all that.
I love this kind of discussion, though. I'm working my way up to getting a Doctorate in Psychology, and I love learning new things about how people think about everything. biggrin
Awesome. How goes that? I'm currently trying to figure out what to do besides writing. So far it seems to be a decision between forest ranger and psychologist, so it would be great to know what you've gone through with that so far. o,o  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff