Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Things to do before you die. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:11 pm
So, I was just in the thread about destiny, and I thought this would make an interesting topic. What do you wish to accomplish before you die? Make a list of it, or just respond to someone else's.

And of course, here's mine:

Big things:
1. Raise a daughter
2. Kill someone.

Little things:
1. Lose a major limb.
2. Break into a building.
3. Go skydiving
4. Move to England
5. Tour Asia
6. Hack an important database.
7. Learn to drive stick
8. Attend services of every major religion and denomination
9. Play a major role in the development of virtual reality.
10. Visit outer space.
11. Get shot or stabbed.
12. Get married.
13. Invent a word or coin a phrase
14. Argue a major case in court
15. Get a PHD.
16. Survive a lethal disease.
17. Plea insanity or suffer a mental breakdown.
18. Learn to play an instrument.
19. Discover evidence of the parnormal.
20. Get a computerized implant.
21. Make a large sum of money off of the internet.
22. Help develop a video game.
23. Write a horror novel.
24. Have one of my longer stories published.
25. Fire an extremely high caliber (.50 or .70) rifle.
26. Fire a .50 or .60 revolver.
27. Learn a martial art that uses weapons.
28. Learn to dance.
29. Teach computer science or mathematics.
30. Build a steampunk museum. (probably just a room of my house, but you get the idea.)
31. Be forcefully drugged or tranquilized.
32. Die consciously enough to experience it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:28 pm
Awesome. I used to have a load of stuff I wanted to do before I died, but I forget most of 'em. Here we go, though.

1. Witness childbirth.
2. Skydive.
3. Finally produce inarguable evidence that there is no God.
4. Cure my insomnia.
5. Learn to drive a car and a plane.
6. Fall in love.
7. Try hallucinogenic drugs, if only just once.
8. Get my Doctorate.
9. Contribute to development of human flight.
10. Die happy.

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:36 pm
I forgot air travel altogether, until you brought it up. I'd really love to get my pilot's license. I'd also like to ride in a blimp.

Quote:
Try hallucinogenic drugs, if only just once.

I thought about adding this one to.
But I just know it's something I'll never do.

And you can't prove that there is no God. The suggested type of evidence does not exist. Even proving evolution can't disprove an intelligent design behind it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:42 pm
Heh, a blimp would be a mighty thing to ride in.
RE: your list...
I've broken into a building. The adrenaline rush is marvellous.
I live in England at the moment. For a while, anyway. It's pretty much the same as anywhere else, just different people.
I've been shot. Accidentally. Apart from the terrible, agonising pain, it's a friggin' weird experience.
I've learned piano. If you ever do learn an instrument, don't ever let the novelty of it go. It's a wonderful talent.
I dance. It's lovely. whee

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:53 pm
. tora wings .
Heh, a blimp would be a mighty thing to ride in.
RE: your list...
I've broken into a building. The adrenaline rush is marvellous.
I live in England at the moment. For a while, anyway. It's pretty much the same as anywhere else, just different people.
I've been shot. Accidentally. Apart from the terrible, agonising pain, it's a friggin' weird experience.
I've learned piano. If you ever do learn an instrument, don't ever let the novelty of it go. It's a wonderful talent.
I dance. It's lovely. whee

I'm trying to learn some breaking and entering skills at the moment, such as using bump keys. I really want to get into urban exploration, if I can find other's like myself. On a side note: I honestly used to be afraid of everything; I've only recently realized that there's some mixture of adrenaline, anger, and psychosis within each of us that can overcome nearly anything.

I also want to move to England or Oregon. It's not about the place, it's about the weather on the eastern coast of an ocean. I like dreary, overcast/rainy places.

It's not like I can go out and try to get shot, though. ._. That defies common sense.

As far as dancing and playing an instrument go, I've got plenty of time left to learn.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:57 pm
Awiergan Resurrection
I'm trying to learn some breaking and entering skills at the moment, such as using bump keys. I really want to get into urban exploration, if I can find other's like myself. On a side note: I honestly used to be afraid of everything; I've only recently realized that there's some mixture of adrenaline, anger, and psychosis within each of us that can overcome nearly anything.

I also want to move to England or Oregon. It's not about the place, it's about the weather on the eastern coast of an ocean. I like dreary, overcast/rainy places.

It's not like I can go out and try to get shot, though. ._. That defies common sense.

As far as dancing and playing an instrument go, I've got plenty of time left to learn.

You like overcast, rainy places? Come to Ireland, we've loads to go around. I used to live in Oregon too... Weird coincidences. Portland, to be exact. Can't remember it, though.

Any instrument you'd like to learn? Because I'd recomment piano any day. It's just beautiful.

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

lu_rockz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:02 pm
...............................................................................................................................

I think that i would want to...

1.be an art teacher
2.try to learn to spell better
3.stop hitting my head on things
4.learn to drive
5.have a real conversation with some one
6.go to france
7.take a nap
8.to sleep for one full day
9.get a real job
10.fly in a blimp
11.run someone over with something...anything(withoout having to pay for damage)
12.brake a major bone
13.live a long happy life
14.die knowing i'm going some where  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 pm
1. Publish my series
2. Try to find happiness (though that appears to be rather impossible for me)
3. Go somewhere overseas
4. Finally break SOMETHING
5. Either put my sister's dad away or in his grave
6. Fall in love with someone who actually feels the same...
7. Torture/murder a child molester

If I could:

1. Experience all ways of dying

Edit: And add to the first part of the list: 8. Make sure I don't go peacefully  

YukaSilkenFur

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:18 pm
. tora wings .
Awiergan Resurrection

You like overcast, rainy places? Come to Ireland, we've loads to go around. I used to live in Oregon too... Weird coincidences. Portland, to be exact. Can't remember it, though.

Any instrument you'd like to learn? Because I'd recomment piano any day. It's just beautiful.

=D Now you understand why I want to live there.

I'd like to learn to piano in order to learn the keyboard. I'd also like to learn to play electric violin (I'm one of the few people who prefers the sound).

I hate anything that plucks, though. No guitar for me. Third choice would probably be the flute.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:21 pm
i play piano sorta......i tryed flute it didn't work though  

lu_rockz

Dae Stelaire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:48 am
1. Travel to every country in the world
2. Win the lottery
3. Win a pie eating contest
4. Frist get a master, then a doctorate.
5. Work for some really important international organisation and work my way to the top!
6. Get totally and completely drunk with lots of awesome friends (yes I am 18 and have never done that.)
7. Not be thought of by the world to be a nation who eats only cheese and chocolate, who doesn't have electricity, who is swedish too, who lives in little cottages in the alps, who owns more cows than people, who dresses up in those ugly national costumes..... I could go on forever.
Yes I'd like to reduce all those prejudices against Swiss people mrgreen
(And yes I have been asked by an american if we have electricity... no joke) xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:53 am
1. Finish my book
2. Qualify in Diesel mechanics
3. Learn to play a guitar
4. Become a famous artist
5. Marry and have children
6. Finish my goddamn car domokun
7. Barrel roll in a car lol
8. Develop and produce a video game
9. Demolish a huge structure ( empty of course )
10. Become comfortably rich
11. Make my parents believe in me
12. Die with a scary face to scare everyone lol domokun

I don't see why some of you wants to suffer things like mental breakdown or extreme agony confused mental breakdown is not nice experiencing and as far as i remember domokun i don't want to break a bone again domokun  

Irukus

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:35 am
1.) Go Skydiving
2.) Dye my hair purple (Again, but when I am 60)
3.) Make it to Fencing Nationals...it's a stretch, but at my current rate I think I can actually start dreaming in two or three years, which is most excellent.
4.) Be on the television with my hats, or have an article be published about me and my hats in a major magazine. (It's not a stretch, i've been published twice in the township paper and this year I made front page.)
5.) Be able to speak French fluently.
6.) Be able to speak enough Hebrew to get by on a trip to Israel.
7.) Knit a baby blanket for my kids and grandchild.
8.) Travel everywhere.
9.) Take my dad to the Grand Canyon again before he dies because I promised.
10.) Go to Zurich again with my Oma and Opa.
11.) Do something actually worthy for my parents to be proud of me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:31 pm
. tora wings .
Awiergan Resurrection

Funny, out of all the instruments in the world, piano is the one i would least recommend ^___^ played it for about 8 years and hated it >.<  

Iconised Ghost

gracious faust

Beloved Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:03 pm
Iconised Ghost
. tora wings .
Awiergan Resurrection

Funny, out of all the instruments in the world, piano is the one i would least recommend ^___^ played it for about 8 years and hated it >.<

Hmm, I've been playing it for about that amount of time and I still love it.
Oh, another one to add to my list:
Become internet famous. Hahaha.

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas