Reply Creative Crossroads
Does anyone of you write a poems? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_red_foxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:26 am
Hello. I am very sad because I do not know people who write their own poems. If someone of you writes it, please comment. 3nodding I'll be happy for some poems too. heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:38 am
I write, but I don't post stuff online. I'm too afraid of having my work stolen. 3nodding I go through phases with poetry. Before college, I wrote lots of stuff that was visual and vague but interesting. Then I started writing more simply and honestly, trying to write more powerful things by keeping the message more direct. The one bit of advice I could give to any writer is to keep your stuff original. If you read it to yourself and it sounds like songs or poems you heard before, it's not original. The real trick is how to take a theme and make it your own. So much has already been done, but if you find your own unique way of making a statement, then you can write something to be proud of.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Miss_red_foxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:55 am
Looks like you are professional about the poetry 3nodding Thanx for the advice. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:01 am
You want a critique? Well here you go:

EMO EMO CUT CUT CUT emo emo emo  

God-The-RapistV2.0

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:28 pm
God-The-RapistV2.0
You want a critique? Well here you go:

EMO EMO CUT CUT CUT emo emo emo

Oh, gosh. Subtle, much? Is it bad that I laughed? xd

*ahem*

I think that a lot of youth go through a poetry/lyrics phase... and I would argue they have a right to do so. it does sound kind of sappy, but you don't know her that well so let's assume she can be a decent person and write poetry at the same time, regardless as to whether it's 'emo' or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:31 pm
I donno, it sounds like she hs a crush but is to much of a p***y to go out and do anything about it.

Now if she made the poem of that but from someone elses POV, then it could be intresting. But other than that this type of poem is overdone. Everyone does it.  

God-Raped-Me

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:33 pm
God-Raped-Me
I donno, it sounds like she hs a crush but is to much of a p***y to go out and do anything about it.

*slaps you with a fish*

Stop using gender-specific terms as insults! You're teaching me that Canadians are SEXIST!
gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:39 pm
How Am I being gender specific? I said she because the avi is a chick, and both men and womn can be pussys. So she sounds like she's being a p***y.

If a guy wrote it I would say the same.  

God-Raped-Me

Dark_Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:43 pm
That was a poem? confused ... neutral i could make a better poem drunk!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:46 pm
God-Raped-Me
How Am I being gender specific? I said she because the avi is a chick, and both men and womn can be pussys. So she sounds like she's being a p***y.

If a guy wrote it I would say the same.

Gender-specific terms, GRM. ('She' is more of a pronoun, I should think.) The term itself is based off the ideology that weakness or cowardice is a specifically female trait. That in itself shouldn't require explaining.

Who the term is directed at doesn't change that it's offensive.

K0m0d0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:57 pm
Damn, K0mod0, you know I didn't mean it like that!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:10 pm
God-Raped-Me
Damn, K0mod0, you know I didn't mean it like that!

There's really no way to tell! gonk . I simply think of it as a very sexist term!

But I suppose that's enough spamming Miss red's poor thread with my flailing.

*tapes arms to sides*

K0m0d0

LiLaBelle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 pm
Yeppers, I write poetry and have for about 13 years now. I started back in '98 when I was first diagnosed with cancer, so most of the older poems are dark...but I like the sunny ones the best.

I've had 3 poems published in a coffee table poetry book (very proud of that) but haven't written anything new in ages..literally. Maybe I should start putting everything into words again...always made me feel better to write. smile

Keep up your writings...who knows, it just may take you somewhere in the future!! I wish you the best with your writings and will check back here agin to see how you're doing. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:33 pm
LiLaBelle
Yeppers, I write poetry and have for about 13 years now. I started back in '98 when I was first diagnosed with cancer, so most of the older poems are dark...but I like the sunny ones the best.

I've had 3 poems published in a coffee table poetry book (very proud of that) but haven't written anything new in ages..literally. Maybe I should start putting everything into words again...always made me feel better to write. smile

Keep up your writings...who knows, it just may take you somewhere in the future!! I wish you the best with your writings and will check back here agin to see how you're doing. smile

Stop looking for special treatment.

You aren't unique or special. Lots of people have cancer. In fact everyone gets cancer.  

God-The-RapistV2.0

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:02 pm
Oh, another bright ray of sunshine! *rolls eyes at GTR*

She wasn't looking for special treatment...I suspect that was what inspired her to write her poetry in the first place. It is a good way to cope with bad things (and good things). Poets seem to need an assignment or inspiration to start writing anything that will have value to themselves.

For me, my first serious poetry (i.e. not course work) was sex. My boyfriend really liked them when I shared them with him a few years later. Considering they were, in a roundabout way, also about him, that was a good thing!

I also wrote a really interesting one written about telephone poles and relating the need for human contact/conversation as a junkie's need for a drug fix (I'm not emo, it was a college assignment). Both it and one of my sexual poems got published in a coffee table book. I've also published a bunch of my poems in my college's literary magazine as well, but that's not a brag worthy as they aren't a real book.

Poetry is a great outlet for creativity!  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff