Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TMT" Truly Memorable Threads!
Free Hugs Campaign! -is back!- :3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:00 pm
XFALLENXMARTYRX (LINGY)'S FREE HUGS CAMPAIGN

Okay well I started this Campaign a while ago. But then I deleted it for some reason. Don't ask me why but I did. Well I'm bringing it back!

Well if you are wondering what spiked me wanting to do this, please watch this video here. I've seen this video hundreds of times and even memorized the lyrics to it. I think what Juan Mann has started has to be by far one of the greatest things ever. I find it absolutely amazing someone would actually start this. It is true society has lost a lot of meaning to what can and cannot happen. Hugs shouldn't be banned. They cheer so many people up.

Jeez, they cheer me up, when I am down, I just go to a friend and well I get a hug and I feel better. A hug can cheer anyone up and it lets us know we are still cared for.
Hugs are good for the soul. No matter what people say.

The purpose of this Thread:

The purpose of this thread is to let everyone know that here you are welcome to express yourself. And that here we wish to make you feel comfortable and wanted. And whatever else than with a hug? Hugs will make you feel better and/or welcomed even if you are down. Sure this is the internet, but hey, we all can be hugged still!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:04 pm
HOW TO HUG:

I want to thank WikiHow with this step-by-step guide on how to hug. I know my last one had pictures and all but well I'm currently searching for all the images again, so when I find them, I will post them up.

1. Approach the person. Depending on the person's relationship to you, you might want to approach differently:
* Family Hug: Approach kindly, but not too emotionally.
* Friend Hug (girls): Approach caringly, sometimes humorously, and smile.
* Friend Hug (guys): Approach quickly, usually not looking them in the eye.
* Crush Hug: Approach carefully, but do not seem shy. Smile slightly and perhaps say a caring word or two.
* Lover Hug: It doesn't matter who starts this, either can make it just as romantic. When approaching, put your hands on their shoulders and look them in the eyes. Say you love them, how much you care for them, and how much you are loving every second. Then fall into each other and hug with all your heart.
2. Embrace.
* Family Hug: You can keep talking when hugging; it will not ruin the momentum. Place your hands randomly; the hugged won't think it over too much. Press gently, it is not necessary to have head-contact. Stroke your hands quickly across the top of the hugged's back. Smile when letting go.
* Friend Hug (girls): Close your eyes when hugging and think about how much you love your friend when hugging. Press as much as you feel like. Do not clap the hugged on the shoulders or such; its too masculine and some girls think you don't like them if you do it the guys way.
* Friend Hug (guys): Embrace strongly, and clap each other on the top of your backs. If it's an emotional moment, keep in the hugged position for a brief moment and do not clap each other's backs.
* Crush Hug: Press the hugged warmingly towards you. If you are a man, remember that it is more masculine and more protective to fold your arms under hers. Her arms should be around your neck, and you should be embracing her around the waist. When pressing her against you, you can lift her up a bit, pressing her chest and upper stomach against yours. Keep it in that position for a while, and then let go. Look her in the eyes when you separate and continue the conversation naturally.
* Lover Hug: Carefully sliding your hands down from her shoulders, put them on her waist and slide them around her lower back. Put your head on her shoulder and press her towards you for as long as you like. If you want to you can give her a small massage with your hands, and try to warm her. When separating you can look her into the eyes, smile genuinely and if the situation is fitting, kiss her.
3. Don't hug too tight. The best way to judge how tight or loose to hug is let whoever your hugging tell you by how hard they squeeze. If they are soft be soft back, if they like bear hugs and squeeze tight do the exact same back (but don't suffocate them)
4. Don't be the first to let go. If someone hugs you they may want a long loving hug (maybe they are upset or down)so just go along with it and hug them until they let you go, a hug is a great thing and lots of people like them as they can feel great and make you feel a lot better. However, if both of you have read this, neither of you will let go and you will be forced to continue hugging indefinitely, or simply appear rude. Perhaps you should get someone to pull the two of you apart after several moments.

TIPS ON HUGGING

* Be welcoming when you hug. If you or someone asks for a hug then be warm and loving and just make it feel like the person you're hugging is safe from anything else and you and whoever are the only people that matter.
* Make sure you're clean and showered.

WARNINGS ON HUGGING

* Do not confuse a lover hug with a friend hug. Things might get complicated.
* Unless you've hugged the person before, don't hug someone without asking first. In addition, use your best judgment in choosing when to hug someone. There are certain situations where one might be embarrassed to be seen hugging someone else.
* If you go to hug someone carrying a birthday cake, give them a chance to put the cake down before initiating the hug. The exception to this rule is if anyone is filming the scene, since crushed birthday cake is solid gold on "America's Funniest Home Videos."
* Hug only when the person you want to hug has their arms out, they may not want to be hugged if their arms aren't out.

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 pm
LINKS THAT WILL BENEFIT YOU

This is a group of links that I have found so far. I know there are more websites out there but I will be adding them as I find them. Right now this is what I have so far. Other crew are allowed to add links and members are allowed to tell us any websites that we do not have thus far.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

OFFICIAL MYSPACE PAGE

HUGS HEAL MYSPACE PAGE

OFFICIAL HUGS HEAL PAGE [blogspot] I think this is the official site. Please let me know if it is not.

FREE HUGS CAMPAIGN FACEBOOK GROUP

UPDATES

[1].[30].[08] ~ Lingy started the campaign up again~!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:13 pm
HUGS SO FAR

1. xfallenxmartyrx
2.`Trace
3. Saikii
4.zphal_girl87
5. crazydude444292
6. Okami Ameras
7. xoxSprinklesxox
8. -Vagtastic-
9. AndrewBot
10. Abrien Sliver
11. The Arbiter loves Halo 3
12. tttdelle
13. Phazonized Samus
14. lovestruck150
15. BandNerdsrHawt
16. Narahki
17. -j e l i j e l i-
18. XxTrampledxX
19. Little Skana

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:15 pm
RESERVED~!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:17 pm
RESERVED~!  

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:19 pm
RESERVED~!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:24 pm
Yay! *hugs* It's back!! whee  

`Trace

Newbie Noob

6,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 pm
`Trace
Yay! *hugs* It's back!! whee

-hugs- yes! it is!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 pm
whee Hooray! *huggles*  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:52 pm
Hooray for hugs! Here it comes! *glomptacklehug!* heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:55 pm
*sigh*
i think i might need one...  

crazydude444292

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:59 pm
crazydude444292
*sigh*

*Huggles crazy* whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:05 pm
Ninety percent of most magic...
~Hugs whoever needs it~
...merely consists of knowing one extra fact.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

crazydude444292

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:07 pm
zphal_girl87
crazydude444292
*sigh*
*Huggles crazy* whee
thanks, but i think it'll take more than that for me to feel better about myself, now if you don't mind, i have to go to store and buy a couple bags of doritos so i won't starve myself to death before my food stamps regenerate...  
"TMT" Truly Memorable Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff