Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Judgement Day, Qiyamah, The Apocalypse, Et Cetera Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Btw, Qiyamah is Arabic for Judgment Day
  For you peoples who can't speak Arabic
  And are ignorant of Islamic tradition
  Or for people who already knew this are are henceforth AWESOME.
View Results

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:20 pm
So my fellow guildies,
Because my interest has been sparked, and in theme with the Four Horsemen, Egga wants to know...What do you think about Judgment Day, Qiyamah, The Apocalypse?

Don't get too personal, we can be brash here.

O_o

Discuzzle:
What will happen on Judgment Day
Do you believe it?
Any other philosophies of the same theme (Mayan for example)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:22 pm
' T H I S ' ' I S '

xD I don't know... We'll just have to wait and see. Even though I'm catholic these theories are interesting ;D.

D; I don't want the Planet X and 2012 do kill us.

Unless the Crystal Skulls when reunited will help us prevent or protect us o;

' S U C H ' ' A ' ' D R A G '

Leixi

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:26 pm
I don't buy into the whole world ending in 2012 bit, although I do believe that it will end eventually. Mostly because of the fact that in several million, I think, years, the sun will be in the final stages of it's destruction and will engulf the planet. Whether we are still here at that time, or not, I can't guess.

But, I don't believe that humanity will end as it is told in different religions.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:29 pm
' T H I S ' ' I S '

All I do know is that the way this world is going... we are going to need a big catastrophe to set it straight.

Leixi

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:29 pm
I dont believe in it.

Of course, the world will end, all things come to an end, but that will just be the end of the earth, other things/planets will go on (until they come to their end too of course)

But i dont believe that one day the believers will be taken from earth while the rest of us are left here to burn (sorry if thats inaccurate, thats just what i was told by one of my Islamic friends ages ago)

What is supposed to happen in 2012?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:30 pm
My Bible study teacher told me this of Judgment day:

When the Messiah comes, he/she will tell us something very important about Judgment Day that will help us survive. Knowing that information, it is every Jew's obligation to share it with Non-Jews so that they can survive too. It is also the obligation of the Jew on Judgment Day to help other Jews not be lead astray.

Personally, I like this more than some other religion because it implies that not everybody will be screwed over. Do i want to be chosen to make sure that people don't die? No. But it's better than going to hell.

I find the Mayan Philosophy that the world will end in 2012 to be extremely interesting.  

MonsieurSponge

Leixi

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:32 pm
Iconised Ghost
I dont believe in it.

Of course, the world will end, all things come to an end, but that will just be the end of the earth, other things/planets will go on (until they come to their end too of course)

But i dont believe that one day the believers will be taken from earth while the rest of us are left here to burn (sorry if thats inaccurate, thats just what i was told by one of my Islamic friends ages ago)

' T H I S ' ' I S '

Watch them in this order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0bj76389U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjrStDxTrc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5TOmRD_V48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZIyfBChmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zero0Y6TCA8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:32 pm
Iconised Ghost
I dont believe in it.

It's as far as the Mayan calender goes out. Their calender was quite accurate, based on the stars, so if they are correct, there is no day after, I think December 10, 2012.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:33 pm
Hmmm well the next date to look out for is December 21st, 2012 the end of the Maya calendar.

So it´s pretty close...

Or another more convincing scenario.

99942 Apophis smacking into Earth on April 13, 2036.

Now I need to stop so I don´t freak out more people then I intended too.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:38 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Hmmm well the next date to look out for is December 21st, 2012 the end of the Maya calendar.

So it´s pretty close...

too late gonk
I cant believe the 2012 theory, because i am terrified of dying before my time, before i have done everything i want to in life. 2012 is way too soon! 2036 might be ok xd  

Iconised Ghost

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:40 pm
Apparently in Islam if you drink you'll go to hell on Qiyamah

Islam fascinates me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm
' T H I S ' ' I S '

It's based that Planet X also know as a brown dwarf will be circulating our Solar System and that it will bring catastrophic events on us.

Leixi

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:48 pm
Thanatos Phoenix

So it´s pretty close...

I don't buy into the asteriod hitting us deal, space is really big and the area it has to pass through is really tiny, so I'd think that the odds of it hitting that area would be small enough to not be worried. Of course, since it's nearly 30 years away, we will probably have some sort of plan to save Earth, if it came down to that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:51 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Thanatos Phoenix

So it´s pretty close...

I don't buy into the asteriod hitting us deal, space is really big and the area it has to pass through is really tiny, so I'd think that the odds of it hitting that area would be small enough to not be worried. Of course, since it's nearly 30 years away, we will probably have some sort of plan to save Earth, if it came down to that.
' T H I S ' ' I S '

We'll have space crafts ;D
xD

Leixi

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:56 pm
Leixi
[Tsukasa567]
Thanatos Phoenix

So it´s pretty close...

' T H I S ' ' I S '

We'll have space crafts ;D
xD

I don't think that would matter much, it would be nearly impossible to sustain the entire human population in space crafts forever. And at the current rate, I doubt that we'll have colonies that could support more a few people set up within even the next 50 years.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff