Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
how come pluto isn't a planet anymore? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's a POLE! Run!!!!
  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Rock Louder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:57 pm
how come? it's been a planet fora long time and now it's not, just because some people in white robes say so. no. way. they found a new planet right after they declude pluto. i think it's called cendra or aomething. they can't do that though... *sits quietly, while debating in my head*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 am
it's been like this for awhile now smile

it's stupid, but thats what the world is; stupid.

Zombie_Plan

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 am
It's because it was too small.

It's like being a guy, if you're too small, you lose your manhood privileges.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:45 am

rofl rofl rofl

They 'found' two.

And it's been like this for years and years.

The new two don't have fun names that go with the rest of the planets, so they don't count. Pluto still has a cool name that fits with the others, so it's still in, it just doesn't have a pass and has to be a guest to the club.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:05 pm
I thought it was because they discovered it was actually a satalite, like the moon or something, rather than a planet? >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 pm
maybe they like having 8 main planets instead of 9... then again, didnt they find a new planet? nah, it shouldnt be apart of the club. i think they classified Pluto as a dwarf planet. it was too small, so it couldnt be apart of the 'main solar system'. eh. i like the numbeh 8 too.  

LiciousEmber

Newbie Noob

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:36 pm
lol, pluto IS still a planet. its just a dwarf planet now.

its just because they never really HAD a definition for "planet" before, and the last time all the eggheads got together, they created a true, scientific definition. turned out pluto didn't meet the requirements. *shrug*

so it was reclassified as a "dwarf planet". xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm
Well, heres the story.
The people of planet Pluto had displeased the Bluegrass cat, so in order to please his goddess, the great Angel Half had call me to service once again. With our two powers combined we summoned the all powerful Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris then round house kicked the scientists in charge of planets till they agreed to remove pluto from the list of real planets.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

[.Music.Man.]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:31 pm
I thought someone said it was just a ball of ice and didn't have components of a planet...whatever those are. I guess now when we have kids we can tell them that when we used to be kids there were 9 planets. I think one of the ones they "found" was like called X or XXX or Deep throat or something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:17 pm
User Image  

angel_half82
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:29 am

Was that a bump?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 am
******** Pluto. Ceres and Eris have been sitting out of the sun for too long now! I say, any natural, satellite of the sun should be considered a planet

@Metallic Noodles
No, it's just a meme. It means that Rock Louder was really slow on this because Pluto was kicked out a while ago.  

Artanus

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:18 am
TheBlueWarrior
Well, heres the story.
The people of planet Pluto had displeased the Bluegrass cat, so in order to please his goddess, the great Angel Half had call me to service once again. With our two powers combined we summoned the all powerful Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris then round house kicked the scientists in charge of planets till they agreed to remove pluto from the list of real planets.

rofl rofl rofl

i think i heart you! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:08 am
bluegrass cat
TheBlueWarrior
Well, heres the story.

rofl rofl rofl

i think i heart you! xd

That indeed is a great story.. xd I'll have to ask Marko Diablo how it went again xD

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:42 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Was that a bump?

~Metalic_Noodles

Hell no it wasn't a bump. EDIT: what artanus said.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff