Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Lunar Eclipse Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pick the one that isn't a beatles song
  Wild Honey Pie
  Birthday
  Martha my dear
  Mother Superior
  Julia
  I will
View Results

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:09 pm
There's a lunar eclipse happening at the time. Not sure how different it is in different places. I'm in NY. I'm also recording it, and if I can figure out how, I'll put it on youtube.

Edit: Damnit, one of the cats messed up the camera. I don't know how much of it is ruined.

Mother Superior is not a song. Those are lyrics in the song: "Happiness is a Warm Gun"

So, main topic: Astronomical Events. Discuss.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:01 pm
I'm looking at it.  

Dana Pixie Stix

Tenolein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:05 pm
I would go out and check it out.. But it involves me going out in the 0 degrees farenheit temperatures.

Not including whatever the God-forsaken wind-chill is. o.O  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:09 pm
It's cloudy here, so I can't see it.

Edit: Nevermind, it was higher up than I could see, and no stars were out when I looked, so it appeared cloudy. It's up there, and I have a perfectly clear view of the sky, it's beautiful out there now.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:25 pm
Right now is the midpoint ^_^ It looks cool outside, I can see it rather well =o  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:32 pm
Lyss has a pretty good look at it.

Almost covered /Probably covered.

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:36 pm
Well, I just got home from class v.v
It's too cloudy to see anything now...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:55 pm
Hmm.. I had to pick up my wife from work, so I took a glance. Not a cloud in the sky the past 2 days, so I had a clear view.

OFMG TEH MOON ES BEN EATED!!!1!!

rofl  

Tenolein

jayjaystillhere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 pm
how many times this happen through out the year? Once...twice??  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:49 am

Nope, more like a few times a decade I think.

I think I missed it.

Was it at all interesting? I think the only excitment from it is because we are trained to think it's awesome. I did notice that it's extremly light outside, and has been the past few days, I'm a night owl, so if I see the outside world I get a bit shocked. xd

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:14 am
Metalic_Noodles

I think I missed it.

Was it at all interesting? I think the only excitment from it is because we are trained to think it's awesome. I did notice that it's extremly light outside, and has been the past few days, I'm a night owl, so if I see the outside world I get a bit shocked. xd

~Metalic_Noodles
It doesn't really happen a predetermined number of times in a certain decade. Just whenever the moon passes through the Earth's shadow just right. like, last year I thought that I read that it happened like 3 or 4 times, this one will be the last one until 2010 though, which is a shame...

And it 's cool for those of us that think it's pretty or just really like space. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 am
[Tsukasa567]
Metalic_Noodles

I think I missed it.

~Metalic_Noodles
It doesn't really happen a predetermined number of times in a certain decade. Just whenever the moon passes through the Earth's shadow just right. like, last year I thought that I read that it happened like 3 or 4 times, this one will be the last one until 2010 though, which is a shame...

And it 's cool for those of us that think it's pretty or just really like space. xd

You're damn right its a shame! It was too cloudy on my end here in SLC Utah to see anything. HOWEVER I'm resolving to buy a video camera and record the next one when it happens as the night I conquer the world...

We Beholders of the Cosmos will just have to postpone our plans for now. :XP:  

HellKnight Azrael

Artanus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:08 am
There won't be another lunar eclipse for three years I think.

Also, it was pretty cool right after the eclipse. The moon looked red and more defined. It kinda looked like a planet. I tried to get a picture, but the flash messed it up.

And dear god, no one got the answer to the poll.

Highlight the first post for the answer  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 am
I didn't see the whole thing.

I only saw part of it when I went to CVS while listening to 'Before He Cheats'  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items