Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
REVOLUTION! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

polls suck
  yes
  no
View Results

Chris de Medich

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 am
dont you think that there's never enough gold for the things you wish to purchase? I dont know, I just feel that way. Its like there are plenty of guys and girls out here in gaia, and sometimes we want that extra rare Item that costs well... I dunno maybe, about a million gold!? we save gold to get the things we want, and in some cases it takes years?, I've seen a few people post how long, its taken them to get the things they quest for and usually it takes months... no years, to get an item, whats worse is that I feel that Gaia, makes money off us by offering gaia cash so we can purchase those items for an avatar in which case if it so happens that we get hacked someone could pretty much rob us of every item we work so hard for to collect, I dunno maybe I just want the gaian economy to change and maybe lower the amount of certain items that are rare, better yet for that fact why not bring such items back, im pretty sure there would be a lot of people that would be happy if they could get a second chance at those items rather than have to save millions of gold and hopefully acquire what they want.

discuss:
Items you would like to be brought back to sale on gaia
more gold for everything we do on gaia itself?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:54 am
ADD A POLL.

Please. 3nodding  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:21 am
Items will never be re-instated so unfortunately your hopes are futile.

Yea the rare items are very old... and cost alot. If you want to waste a year trying to obtain one that's not the economy's fault. There are plenty of more than decent items out there for alot cheeper. And all those "rare" and "Expensive" items... yea they all started out the same way as they do now. Buy Mc's & Buy Evolves/Cash shop items. Then save them, that is the only way you will get those super elitest items for a decent price. (aka buy in at the ground floor)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 pm
thats kinda part of the enjoyment of gaia though ^_^'' Playing the marketplace, trying to guess what will become rare and expensive, trying to make an awesome avatar. If it were easy it wouldnt be worth it  

Iconised Ghost

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm
The people running Gaia have no real power over how much an item is sold for, so wanting them to lower the prices on specific items won't do anything. You want your items, you need to do what everyone else does and just save gold, no sense in complaining about how the market is unfair because it is in no way unfair. It's your desire to have those older items that has driven the items prices into the stratosphere, same reason that items no one wants, like the Mecha Form, haven't hardly moved an inch other than to fall.

No change to the way that the Gaian economy is set up will do anything but raise the price of items. And of course Gaia will try to make money with the items they offer, if you end up getting hacked or banned, for that matter, then it's your own fault, you could have done things to keep yourself from having your stuff taken away permanently or even for a short while.

Also, like Sakura said, they won't bring back older items, they may make items that are very similar to older items, the Dark Halo and the actual Halo, but they won't make the item again. I highly doubt that the more expensive items would be that desirable anyway if they brought them back. Many people want to get the items because of the change in status that they bring along with them.

So, in closing, it's much better to just accept the fact that the economy won't change, and push through to get your more sought after items, than to sit there and complain about how the economy is unfair.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:17 pm
*clap clap clap*
Wow. You are amazing. You figured out that Gaia is making money off of Gaia cash. Whats more, you showed us that five year old MCs are expensive as hell. But wait, there's more. This revolutionary brain of yours defined what a hacker does. Now we can all sleep easy thanks to you.

If the price for items was lower, people would make less gold, and complain. If Gaia themselves lowered the prices so everyone could have some, that'd basically be communism.

People also love to make real money. Hence Gaia cash, all Gaia's advertising and the MCs. If you don't want it, don't give them your money, simple as that.  

Artanus

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:20 pm
Artanus
*clap clap clap*
Wow. You are amazing. You figured out that Gaia is making money off of Gaia cash. Whats more, you showed us that five year old MCs are expensive as hell. But wait, there's more. This revolutionary brain of yours defined what a hacker does. Now we can all sleep easy thanks to you.

no need to be rude, everyone likes to complain about prices and dream about having the items they want  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:23 pm
Iconised Ghost
Artanus
*clap clap clap*

no need to be rude, everyone likes to complain about prices and dream about having the items they want

I know, I just don't have the patience to just agree with his unnecessary complaints right now. I'm really not trying to be so abject, I just don't take him seriously when all he's doing is stating the obvious and complaining.

I hate looking like an a*****e, but I'm allowed to be one every once in a while wink  

Artanus

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:31 pm
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
Artanus
*clap clap clap*

I know, I just don't have the patience to just agree with his unnecessary complaints right now. I'm really not trying to be so abject, I just don't take him seriously when all he's doing is stating the obvious and complaining.

I hate looking like an a*****e, but I'm allowed to be one every once in a while wink

yes thats true xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:34 pm
Artanus
*clap clap clap*

If the price for items was lower, people would make less gold, and complain. If Gaia themselves lowered the prices so everyone could have some, that'd basically be communism.

People also love to make real money. Hence Gaia cash, all Gaia's advertising and the MCs. If you don't want it, don't give them your money, simple as that.

I totally agree with you.  

angel_half82
Crew

Chris de Medich

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 am
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
Artanus
*clap clap clap*

this thread was created to be able to be ABLE to complain about those certain issues, I opened it as well to see if someone agreed with me and to see as well if there were items people would love to bring back to have, you dont need to be an a*****e, but oh wait you are, not only are you dissing me in my own thread you're trying to justify it, if you want to be an a*****e do it somewhere else. Also, people think different than you do and maybe not all of us agree to everything that gaia does, we abide by the rules because things are how they are, but maybe sometimes change can be good as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:31 am
Chris de Medich
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
Artanus
*clap clap clap*

this thread was created to be able to be ABLE to complain about those certain issues, I opened it as well to see if someone agreed with me and to see as well if there were items people would love to bring back to have, you dont need to be an a*****e, but oh wait you are, not only are you dissing me in my own thread you're trying to justify it, if you want to be an a*****e do it somewhere else. Also, people think different than you do and maybe not all of us agree to everything that gaia does, we abide by the rules because things are how they are, but maybe sometimes change can be good as well.

as a grown-up type person, i don't think artanus was being an a*****e.

i think he was being snarky, which is a prerequisite for surviving in this guild.

chris de meditch, you opened a thread and asked for opinions. you don't get to tell people to go somewhere else if they don't agree with YOUR opinion and are snarky about it.

big girl panties. get you some.

xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:30 am
Well, let's run through your ideas then, shall we? Just for the sake of hypotheticality.

Apologies in advance for the wall of text, but it's broken up point by point...

Quote:
dont you think that there's never enough gold for the things you wish to purchase?
In response to this, the admins open up a million and one ways to make gold (as opposed to the million ways that we already have =P). Gold is flowing into the economy like it was water and a dam broke. You, and everyone else on Gaia, can easily make a million gold in one day. What happens next? Prices on non-commons skyrockets because people can now afford such higher prices, and everyone's still proportionately where they were before - you now have ten million gold, but the people who had ten million before now have ten billion, so you're still stuck on whatever rung of the economic ladder that you were on. (Possible exceptions to this may include the very first few people to discover that you can get a million in a day - there's a chance that they would get the gold and buy up some rare MC before it was taken out of the MP or bought by someone else. These people, however, would be few and far between.) You can buy all the commons you want, but the MCs and other old non-commons are still way out of your reach.

Quote:
we save gold to get the things we want, and in some cases it takes years?, I've seen a few people post how long, its taken them to get the things they quest for and usually it takes months... no years, to get an item
In response to this, the admins drop the price on everything. The maximum amount of gold an item may be put up for sale in the MP is 500g, and they take out the gifting and trade features. Some people will leave Gaia for good; others will buy everything they want, realize that it's kinda boring when there's nothing to work towards anymore and Gaia is boring when their friends aren't online, and they will either leave or become highly inactive. The drop in population means that Gaia can't get the big-money sponsors anymore, which means that they can't afford as many staff members - this leads to infrequent and poorly made updates, or no updates at all. Gaia will become a stagnant cesspool, wither, and die.

Quote:
whats worse is that I feel that Gaia, makes money off us by offering gaia cash
In response to this, Gaia either takes away the Cash feature or makes it so that you can buy Cash Shop items with gold. I read in a developer's journal (Fleep's, maybe? Can't remember which) that Gaia's barely breaking even, even with the MCs and the Cash Shop and the sponsors and the ads. For the result of this scenario, see above (the part about Gaia becoming a stagnant cesspool, withering, and dying).

Quote:
we get hacked someone could pretty much rob us of every item we work so hard for to collect
Well, that's what happens. The mods can work to get your account and items back, but it takes time. Don't want to get hacked? Don't give out your password or other personal info, and make your password really hard to figure out. And change it often.

Quote:
I dunno maybe I just want the gaian economy to change and maybe lower the amount of certain items that are rare, better yet for that fact why not bring such items back, im pretty sure there would be a lot of people that would be happy if they could get a second chance at those items rather than have to save millions of gold and hopefully acquire what they want.
The admins bring back the coveted Angelic Halo, an item which was worth upwards of 350 million gold, the last time I bothered to check (which was a loooong time ago). It's no longer rare, and everyone has a chance at it - as a matter of fact, it's coming in Daily Chance as often as flowers and crappy store items do. Now that everyone and their dog has one, it's no longer a status symbol - people realize how butt-ugly it really is, how it lacks in poses and general coolness in comparison to more recent MCs - and no one wants one anymore. The same thing happens with most of the earlier MCs, and now people have tons of gold with not much to spend it on. People leave 'cause they're bored, people leave 'cause their old items that they've either worked hard to earn or worked hard to keep are now worthless (and, by extension, their hard work is worthless), and Gaia once again withers and dies without the money of all the users that left. Plus the economy would crash like nothing else because of all the gold that's now worthless.

With that said, there's supposed to be a way to earn older MCs (along with backwings and probably other cool items, too) with a long and arduous quest through the Quest System, but they've been busy working on sponsor quest, events, and the Battle System recently. Also, if you bother to look at the how-to-make-Gaian-gold sticky that I so generously made for you and the other guild members, you'll find plenty of ways to make gold, and that doesn't even cover vending/exchanging ('cause I suck at it), and that's really the way to make gold around here. So, suck it up and be patient like the rest of us. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 pm
I keep trying to tell you people that there is no such thing as hacking on this website. Its not possible. Hacking this website can cause people to go to jail for doing it.

Scamming, now that happens on a daily basis.  

angel_half82
Crew

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:14 am
i really hate to say this but it never will come back for sale and whats more it is fun questing for a item. if you could get it in a day you would get bored of just posting. better to have to spend ages getting a item as when you do, you will be over the moon.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff