No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
What is your all time fav. starter pokemon? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your favourite TYPE of starter Pokemon?
  Grass
  Fire
  Water
  Electric!! --- Go Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow =D
View Results

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:33 am
There is so many, it's hard to do a poll on them!!

In ALL the games of RPG hand-held console Pokemon games, except from ONE, you get to choose 1 of 3 pokemon as your first ever pokemon in the game. Out of all the games you've played, what has been your favourite? The good old charmander, the beautiful Chikoreeta? The amazing Mudkip? Posty it now!!

On Pokemon Yellow, you had to have Pikachu. I thought it was GREAT though! I didn't want to evolve Pikachu, and I loved to see if it was happy or not! I loved it! I was young also xd Opinions on this welcomed too ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:03 am
If we're talking about actual favorites, I have to think.

Infernape is an incredibly threatening pokemon, great against some annoying walls. I'll want to make one for myself sooner or later.

For playing through the 4th gen games, I've definitely developed a preference for Turtwig / Torterra. 3rd gen I prefer to use Treecko / Sceptile. 1st gen I haven't developed a preference for, yet, but Charmander / Charizard might be the preference. (Although I've always chosen Bulbasaur / Venusaur.)

In the case of the second gen, I think I only really like Cyndaquill / Typhlosion, but mostly because he's the best Eruption user in the game. Still haven't trained one for myself yet... sweatdrop  

Nadian
Crew

kindling

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:42 pm
PIKACHU! :3 Raichu is one of my favorite pokemon actually but I have to bond with pikachu before raichu. XD I also love Eevee, but that's not what the topic is about. :]

Pikachu is a favorite of mine for the variety of attacks, the number of attacks available, and areas of application it has (such as pokemon it's good against and HMs) Not to mention it's incredibly cute. <3 <3 <3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:10 pm
In most all pokemon games, the first gym leader uses rock/ground types. I have always used a water type starter since it makes the begining portion of the game that much easier. Of course in yellow, your only option is pikachu, so meh razz  

King Robert Silvermyst

`Trace

Newbie Noob

6,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:23 pm
I always go with the Water starter. They always work best for me. 3nodding

Favorite water starter is Totodile (ワニナコ). Always seems so cute and happy. whee

In the long-term, Empoleon seems the best. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:30 pm
I really don't know much about starters except in the recent series and the old series. sweatdrop

If I had to pick in the original, I would've gone for Charmander, because Charizard is awesome.

And if I had to pick in the Diamond and Pearl series, I would've gone for Pipplup, because I dislike both the other options. sweatdrop  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Jshin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:37 am
The best starter (in terms of usability in the metagame) in the first gen is Charmander.

For the second gen it's Cyndaquil.

The best starter in-game wise for third gen is Treeko, for the metagame, Mudkip.

I prefer to start with Turtwig in game, but for the metagame, Infernape is just amazing.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:45 pm
zphal_girl87
And if I had to pick in the Diamond and Pearl series, I would've gone for Pipplup, because I dislike both the other options. sweatdrop

w00t! Piplup is my all time favorite, A. Because Water is the awesomest of the three (or four xP). It can learn whirlpool and water jet and brine and stuuf. it's hard to beat (the way I train it, anyway whee ) and B. because it's just so darn cute! Next is torchic. It's cute and it packs a firey punch! ...though it has no arms...  

habitualParadoxifier

Interesting Conventioneer

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 pm
well, it's difficult. (All plus evolutions -pikachu, and all in the first game that they were the starter, no other game versions taken into account)
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu. Chikorita, Cyntaquil, and Totodile. Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip. and Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup.
That's a lot of starters to start taking into consideration. I have been told that I like Mudkip in the past though from a reliable source.
But as starters go. without having played Diamond or Pearl. And never having been very successful with Blaziken or Sceptile. I think it's really a choice between Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyntaquil, Totodile, and Mudkip.
Bulbasaur is part poison, and that was always a problem. Charizard was a real swiss army knife as to what it could do. and Blastoise was....well, Blastoise wasn't an overly powerful water pokemon, and water was so common, that despite the double weakness to electric, I ended up picking Gyarados over it often. Totodile I always enjoyed using, but never really got it going anywhere fun unlike Meganium and Typhlosion. So, Charmander, Cyntaquil, Chikorita, and Mudkip.
From those. Typhlosion has always been my favorite fire starter as she grew into a rather annoying fire pokemon. (Plus fire type, aside from Water, Ground, and rock, are rather useful in almost any situation)
Charmader, was a great HM learner, but the original two games didn't really make charizard that great of a pokemon, it was about par with moltres and Arcanine, which isn't saying anything small. but standing on par doesn't make for a good example.
Chikorita, well, it evolved into a rather well rounded grass type, but nothing really worth skipping out on Cyntaquil or Totodile in my mind.
And then there's mudkip. it's, final evolution learned some nice moves. but Picking when to evolve it really isn't soemthing that a starter should do.

I dunno, I can't decide between cyntaquil and Mudkip. both are pretty decent in their type, and pretty good overall.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:55 pm
Cyndaquil = Love!  

OmG NoMoR3

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 pm
If we're talking basics like Fire, WAter, etc. I usually start out with fire characters, but I also have gotten water and grass before. I've gotten Charmander, Totodile, Piplup, Treecko and Pikachu in the Yallow version. I also got Charmander in the FireRed game... I think I got Bulbasaur in LeafGreen, but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:01 am
first: charmander cuz i really like charmeleon
second: Chikorita cuz it's cute
third: torchic all the way, maybe blazekin if i want power at the end.
fourth: haven't played at all.

overall Chikorita.  

spearquest

Aged Streaker

bulbasaur27

Girl-Crazy Lover

10,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:15 am
i picked grass starter pokemon for all the versons exseped yello sad bulbasaur rules  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:24 pm
lets see...

between fire starters, the best is cyndiquil no doubt. but as they evolved they got better. so between second evolution(which is the form its in for 4/8 of your gym battles in most cases) the most powerful has to be charmeleon or cumbusken. as for a final evolutions they are all good. charizard is a powerhouse in being part dragon. Typhlosion can learn a wider number of moves than all of them(at the time). Blaziken was the best final and most commonly used(non uber) pokemon in R/S/E. and Infernape is freakin awesome, but a bit of a disappointment. didnt we just see a fire/fighter mix starter in the last game? so overall the best is between charizard and typhlosion. I however never did evolve my charmeleon. he has low defence but more attack and s.attack.

from the water starters, Mudkip is the best because hes got more attack and defence than the other water starters. plus when he evolves, he cuts off all electric attacks by being part ground. and piplup did something like that by being part steel in its 3rd form to get partial immunity from grass but a double-hitter on electrics... anyway, squirtle has got to be the worst other than totodile. its kool but its not all that awesome. I have nothing really against them but I never really had fun using water starters in any of the games so my say-so on this one isnt much.

and lastly grass. they all suck... except venisour and tortera... their kool.... sorry. but its true...  

Restore1

Ragnius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:37 am
i've always made my games go like this:

new gen version - the three are fire water and grasss
i'll get grass, tradeit to a pal.
start over,
get water, repaet tradeover and startover
and get fire, catch two 'rattata-lv junks" and re-acquire my grass and water guy

however this means :
Though in all gens i usually have ALL the starters, my most trusted element is fire

but here's my fave:
Blaziken learns a good movepool of strong pyhsical attacks, but is uaualy always a special sweeper
Infernape is similar but with greater speed and less defense, and a wider MovePool and SE damge spectrum

so here's the real qeustion
Fire my starter yes, but with gen starter is my fave?
Garudamon - the Blazing Red/yellow Bird with loads of fire-type special and melee moves

a side note: digimon is the older one, pokemon ripped them off
Garudamon = Blaziken
In Digmon S1 Sora was my fave character - and her Ultimate lv digi was Garudamon

my balziken is the Claw-ken Kid  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces