Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is it just me... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll option goes here
  poll question goes here
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:20 am

Is it just me or does this guild move slower than it used to? I'm mainly refering to the unimaginable speed at which topics used to fall off the first page of this main forum.

The rule wasn't 'don't post in threads older than a week' it was 'don't post after a thread falls off the first page' which was quite often more like 1-3 days. Or has my head been making s**t up again? *bashes head in wall* OWW *falls over from dizzy head truama*

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:01 am
This s**t was supposed to happen,as any other guild,members lose interest in their guild.  

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 am
We don't loose interest, Most of us are in college/highschool/work. We aren't little kids like in all the other guilds and forums. We actually have education and work :3

Like Saku he has work to do and doesn't get on as much as he used to but he is still our guild leader and we love him ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:40 am
My school is crazy at the moment, last couple of months before graduation Woho!
So I simply can't be on much or my head would explode.  

Ketake 2.0

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:53 am
Metalic_Noodles

Is it just me or does this guild move slower than it used to? I'm mainly refering to the unimaginable speed at which topics used to fall off the first page of this main forum.

The rule wasn't 'don't post in threads older than a week' it was 'don't post after a thread falls off the first page' which was quite often more like 1-3 days. Or has my head been making s**t up again? *bashes head in wall* OWW *falls over from dizzy head truama*

~Metalic_Noodles

it was actually both. you're not supposed to post in a thread that hasn't had a reply in a week AND you're not supposed to resurrect threads once they've dropped off the 1st page.

and we're all quite busy @ the moment. crying i know work is kicking my a** right now...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:17 pm
I've had a boost in hours at work and I'm entering my final stretch of school so I haven't been able to get on much lately.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:58 pm
i've been accepted into a highly competitive, highly selective university programme that i need to do well in, so i dont have time to go through every thread, i can only pick a few to post in due to time constraints. Im sure others do the same  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:21 am

So we all (well most hehe) grew up, and realized the real life exists?

What about newer guild members though?

It just seems odd to me, tis all.

Oh, and about it being both, I was mostly refering to which rule was applicable, and I was fairly certain that unless my head was creating s**t (false memories, like dreams I didn't store in the right spot) again, it took a lot less than a week for a post to fall off the main page, so teh week rule didn't need to be enforced, since it was just the page one that did.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 pm
Metalic_Noodles

So we all (well most hehe) grew up, and realized the real life exists?

~Metalic_Noodles

lol no, my 4 month long summer holiday ended thats all. Now i cant stay up until midnight reading posts xd  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm
im just bad at posting in everything...im more of a casual gaian.  

Benjamaninja

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:19 pm
I try to post when I can. D: But I do have school, and friends to take care of...and a very needy boyfriend. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:06 pm
When I left the guild for my hiatus, (over a year ago) the guild did move rather fast. Yes, it is definitely a lot slower. I can actually find where I posted last in Manji's bar without going back 20-30 pages at a time.
I was an infrequent poster even when I was first in the guild. I spent about 6 months obsessed with gaia, posting and chatting like mad, but that was during the first year of my membership in gaia; guilds didn't even exist back then. I remember when Catgirl Fans United turned from a thread that was a collection of catgirl pictures into a guild that made it into the top 10 for total membership. Then the guild became lame, and I followed Raz to FG4PG, and coolness ensued.

There're also fewer random people posting in the general forum, it's mostly just regulars now. There used to be tons of random threads and people.  

Krystalcat

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:25 pm
The Mastery tests are killing me -.-  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:38 pm
Krystalcat
When I left the guild for my hiatus, (over a year ago) the guild did move rather fast. Yes, it is definitely a lot slower. I can actually find where I posted last in Manji's bar without going back 20-30 pages at a time.
I was an infrequent poster even when I was first in the guild. I spent about 6 months obsessed with gaia, posting and chatting like mad, but that was during the first year of my membership in gaia; guilds didn't even exist back then. I remember when Catgirl Fans United turned from a thread that was a collection of catgirl pictures into a guild that made it into the top 10 for total membership. Then the guild became lame, and I followed Raz to FG4PG, and coolness ensued.

There're also fewer random people posting in the general forum, it's mostly just regulars now. There used to be tons of random threads and people.

maybe the spam rules have become too tight  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:38 pm
I'm too damn busy but I still get on and check out the guild as much as possible.

Oh and yes metallic your mind is making things up. That seems to happen a lot with you. neutral  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff