Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Help me out, please! I'm trying to get in shape Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Illefyia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:43 pm
Okay...so basically I'm an overweight 20-year-old girl who is tired of being...well, overweight! I look in the mirror and groan...I want to change.

Please help me out. My new year's resolution this year was to lose 30 pounds during the course of the year. So far I've lost...maybe 2? I need some tips or something. I exercise every day for at least 45 minutes, sometimes more if I can fit in an evening walk.
I don't eat a lot of junk and I watch my caloric and fat intakes, yet I can't seem to make any progress with this! I've given up soda cold turkey, too. So far, that hasn't seemed to make much of a difference, either.

Anyone out there that's been down this road and want to help me out a little? I'd really appreciate anything anyone has to offer...Please, I'm really starting to get down over this. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:13 pm
Simple count your cals. Try not consuming more then you can burn of in a day. My friend did that and he lost 20 ponds in two months.  

Cheshire6

Illefyia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 pm
Cheshire6
Simple count your cals. Try not consuming more then you can burn of in a day. My friend did that and he lost 20 ponds in two months.

I am doing that, though! crying
And anyways, men tend to lose weight much faster and easier than women do.

Well, thanks anyway...I will try harder! 3nodding

It's amazing that out of the 50,000+ people that are a member of this guild that only 1 replied...very sad... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:26 pm
Good God! An entire month this thread has been up, and only one person bothered to reply! Sheesh! And it wasn't even that helpful.
Either this subforum hardly has any traffic at all or you lot just don't care about helping other people! Here I am, trying to make a positive, healthful change in my life, and no one will give me any support at all. scream cry

I just suppose I'll stop coming here, then. It's not like anyone will care. stressed  

Illefyia

broken_ordeal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm
Okay well I lost like 20 pounds doing cross country and track... and watching what I ate... maybe if you tried a cardio workout it would do wonders...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:14 pm
Okay, cardio. Thank you! I'll do some research and look into it. I don't have a lot to work with...no gym equipment or anything, so it's kinda tough...Thanks for helping out. ^^  

Illefyia

Blackhearts-ect

Magical Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:30 pm
A cardio dvd workout dvd would help.
I suggest the Denise Austin's DVDs.
They have helped a friend of mine a lot and me too.
You could maybe join a gym?
I'm trying to lose weight as well.
Good luck with it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Hey Illefyia
I am pretty into my fitness/gym etc etc, and i cycle to work everyday, I play as much sport as i can get my hands on and, well, im pretty clued up on this stuff.
There are a couple of things you need to look at first up:
1. Genetics: are you parents overweight, whats your family history like?
2. How long have you been carrying the extra weight?
3. What kind of exercise do you do? and for how long?
4. What sort of intensity level are you working at?
5. Counting calories isnt actually a good idea. You need to focus more on your whole diet, I'll help you out if you want.

I think the best way for me to help is if you pm me sometime and we can chat about it. Hope you're not too disheartened, you should never give up on exercise!  

DanCad

8,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Toxxic Decay

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:58 am
Boost your metabolism. You can do that by building up your major muscles [back, legs, etc] But the trick is not over working your body, otherwise your muscles will not get stronger because it has not had time to repair iteself. More muscle mass = higher metabolism. So do MUSCLE TRAINING!

Try not to have three big meals a day [breakfast, lunch, dinner] instead have smaller portions and more frequent meals.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:58 pm
Turning everything you do into a work out wouldn't be a bad idea, either. Like dancing all the time inside your home with music at a moderate volume. That's like cardio and is a bit more fun that mundane walking. xD  

Erebus Haze

cranger danger

4,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:53 pm
I am in the same boat. So I know what 'chu mean. =D Right now, Im doing a month program from a magizine, (Seventeen) and I can feel it working. I asked my mom today if if was good to feel a uscle around your ribs, and she was like yea! Its only the third day too. What I like about it its easy+I think a few are fun.. So, If you wanted me to, I can scan that page.

=D

Hope it helps...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:02 pm
^ oooh. can you please scan? I'd appreciate it.  

Ayuchane

Illefyia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:07 pm
DanCad
Hey Illefyia
I am pretty into my fitness/gym etc etc, and i cycle to work everyday, I play as much sport as i can get my hands on and, well, im pretty clued up on this stuff.
There are a couple of things you need to look at first up:
1. Genetics: are you parents overweight, whats your family history like?
2. How long have you been carrying the extra weight?
3. What kind of exercise do you do? and for how long?
4. What sort of intensity level are you working at?
5. Counting calories isnt actually a good idea. You need to focus more on your whole diet, I'll help you out if you want.

I think the best way for me to help is if you pm me sometime and we can chat about it. Hope you're not too disheartened, you should never give up on exercise!

Thanks for offering to help, I greatly appreciate it!

As for the answers to those questions...

1. Yes. And so are a lot of my relatives, so it may possibly be a genetic thing...I'm not sure though.
2. Probably for 5 or 6 years? Again, I'm not positive.
3. Mostly walking and sometimes jogging - I'm not too up to par with the jogging though. I also try to do muscle/strength training and such, but I have limited resources, so it's not much.
4. Hehehe...I have no idea....
5. Yeah, I've heard it's not too effective, but it's the only thing I know. Any help you can give would be great!

I'll PM you if you haven't responded to this post in a week or so~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49 am
A lot of my friends went on Weight Watchers and it helped them a lot. Also, you could take up yoga, palates, dance or something. And go to a gym and try to get a private instructor. That way, you could go at your own pace, and they might have tips for you.  

xoxobubblesxo

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:23 am
Also, try getting some friends or family to do this with you. The more people that work together for a common goal, the more they motivate each other and make the experience more enjoyable. I work out with a group of 7 other people, 6 days a week. If it weren't for the group dynamic, and I had to go it alone, I know I wouldn't have lost anywhere near as much as I have. (30 lbs in 6 months)  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff