Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
St. Patrick's Day Flashbacks Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green!
  With Envy!
  Purdy Color. ^^
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:28 am
Ok, I know it's still early, but I wanted to make this topic before the St. Patrick's Day rush comes through. >.>

Ok, so what flashbacks do you have from St Patrick's Day? I only remember 2 things:

Once when I was little, it was Hat Day at our school on St. Patty's day, so I put some green tinsel on my hat. blaugh

Then, about 2 years ago, I had a great day at school pinching people, and wearing Green (my favorite color) and then I go home. My parents have to leave for the hospital because my Grandpa is sick. I stay at home waiting for hours with my dog, some snacks, and lots of Spongebob re-runs. rolleyes Come to find out, my Grandpa died hours ago, and they never called to tell me. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:51 am
gonk That's a horrible Saint Patty's Day memory. I'm sorry.

I never cared about Saint Patrick's Day. I like seeing so much green, and wearing green, (my favorite color) but other then that, it's meaningless to me.

Is it a biblical thing?  

Artanus

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:06 am
Hmmm...I am not sure about that. question

Yeah, but at least I have a good way to remember him. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:29 pm
Mom puts green food coloring in everything on St. Patty's day. We've really have had green eggs and ham xd

I can't really recall any memories, my mom says that me and Jill would call Shamrocks "Patricks." We did it for a long time.

I guess Saint Patricks is important because our family is Scott-Irish and that's pretty much it.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:36 pm
Goddess Ace
Mom puts green food coloring in everything on St. Patty's day. We've really have had green eggs and ham xd

I can't really recall any memories, my mom says that me and Jill would call Shamrocks "Patricks." We did it for a long time.

I guess Saint Patricks is important because our family is Scott-Irish and that's pretty much it.

I am same as you, Scotch-Irish, but I have some German from dad's side.
Kayia's mom makes a jug full of green milk.

lol, Patricks. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:45 pm
The only thing Lyss remembers about St. Patsy's Day is eating soda bread, cabbage, and corned beef.

Lyss remembers being sick one time. Not fun, especially when people are eating near you. D:

Lyss is Irish, German, and Welsh.

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:59 pm
The only real memory that I have about St. Patrick's day is that I was hanging out with my friends, then we all started doing weird, stupid stuff, like jumping through the open rear window of our friend's SUV while he was driving down the street, and subsequently being licked by the guy who did it with me. O.o Other things we did that night: wore girls' jackets and glasses, wrestled/fought in the front yard, and all around just be dorks.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:43 pm
St. Patrick's Day is fun for me blaugh It's my mother's birthday so we do a lot of fun stuff and I like the color green so it's fun to wear green and then to pinch people.

As for the biblical reference, St. Patrick was the Saint who drove all the snakes out of Ireland, and that's why there aren't any there blaugh  

churrlo

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:38 am
the only thing i remember is screaming at people that if they pinched me they'd die sweatdrop its not really a big thing here i dont think. Its just an excuse to drink green beer rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:55 am
churrlo
St. Patrick's Day is fun for me blaugh It's my mother's birthday so we do a lot of fun stuff and I like the color green so it's fun to wear green and then to pinch people.

As for the biblical reference, St. Patrick was the Saint who drove all the snakes out of Ireland, and that's why there aren't any there blaugh

Cool! In in your family it's a birth-day, and for me it's a death-day. sweatdrop

Green rawks, but I LOVE snakes, so that sucks.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:54 pm
Iconised Ghost
the only thing i remember is screaming at people that if they pinched me they'd die sweatdrop its not really a big thing here i dont think. Its just an excuse to drink green beer rolleyes

That's pretty much my Patrick's Day summed up too. An excuse to get drunk. Well, for others to get drunk...I don't drink, myself. >.> I didn't have hardly any green in my wardrobe at all for a while, something I have since fixed. But I'd give people s**t about trying to pinch me too.

I have a lot of Irish on my dad's side of the family, but we've also got German, French, French Canadian, and a little Native American. Not enough to get outlandish amounts of money from the government, though. -.-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 pm
aprilness
Iconised Ghost

That's pretty much my Patrick's Day summed up too. An excuse to get drunk. Well, for others to get drunk...I don't drink, myself. >.> I didn't have hardly any green in my wardrobe at all for a while, something I have since fixed. But I'd give people s**t about trying to pinch me too.

I have a lot of Irish on my dad's side of the family, but we've also got German, French, French Canadian, and a little Native American. Not enough to get outlandish amounts of money from the government, though. -.-

I'm perfectly happy to get completely s**t faced on certain occasions but not on public ones like St Patricks day. Mainly because there are so many drunken people out there on that day it really wouldnt be safe for me to do so rolleyes

Today i saw people from C4 at the main bus and train station with a camera and a CD player, getting people to do irish jigs for cash xd  

Iconised Ghost

Harry19879

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:08 pm
churrlo

lol, St. Patrick's day os also my birthday. I am going to turnn 13 on St. Patties day. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 pm
Cool beans. Happy early B-Day then. wink

@Ghost: I don't get s**t-faced on any day, because I'm a minor. =p Though I have no plans to start drinking when I'm 21, since alcoholism runs pretty strongly in my family.

Pachelbel Canon

Harry19879

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 pm
aprilness
Cool beans. Happy early B-Day then. wink

@Ghost: I don't get s**t-faced on any day, because I'm a minor. =p Though I have no plans to start drinking when I'm 21, since alcoholism runs pretty strongly in my family.

ty, and also, i won't start drinking when i turn 21 because i don't want to become an alcoholic.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff