Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is this guild dieing? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:24 am

Some how, in TVG, me and someone else were chatting about FG4PG... well, I think it was there. o.O

Anywho, I know that some older members have slowly left, or stopped posting as much, but I know that we've hgotten plenty of new members too, I've seen them say 'Hi, I'm new'.
It's not like they havent been trained to be FG4PG crazy right?

So what is it? o.O

I just can't figure it out. We are probably gaining people faster than people leave...

(No, sorry, I can't train crazy, I've not been active in this guild long enough to be good enough at it to teach it.)

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:10 am
You don't train crazy, it just is a natural thing. xd

It is highly likely that the guild appears to be dieing because most of the members that were active in the past, myself included, just have more important things to do than spend their time messing around on an online forum. Many of them are going off to college soon, have gone off to college already, or have a full time job that takes them away from the site.

Not to mention video games can distract a lot of us from being on the guild, but I'm not gonna go into detail on that one.

I don't think it's possible that they guild will ever really die, unless people just stop posting when all the old DMs leave, but I'm sure newer guildies will take their places eventually.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:28 am
THE GUILD IS ALIVE.

That's why we are trying to update it more, have more contests, etc. The Crew are rather busy at this moment, so it is slowly taking place. Because we have some of our older members taking longer breaks, it may seem dead, but it's not.

It takes a while to find somebody like Trev or Ace or Sakura to make this guild crazy. Not to mention Ketket or Mika and Squishy.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:02 am
New members stick to the subs, and post irregularly. The main forum either decays or remains stagnant. That's the way it's always been.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:34 am
No. IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES.

Seriously, all the old members will come back. Just wait.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:53 am
Lily the Pink
No. IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES.

Seriously, all the old members will come back. Just wait.

-sneaks out from behind Lily-

Yes. We all come back. Eventually. We're just either plotting a dastardly scheme, playing Ninjas and Pirates, or getting / kicking some buttocks on Brawl. xD

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:07 pm
I wasn't here when the guild began so I can't compare it, but this guild is pretty active, at least more than the other guilds I go to. I don't think it's dying, it's just resting a bit. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:35 pm
the guild can't die, i just got here and i find it rather enjoyable talking to everyone here so i plan on stayin and not leavin ne time soon! *does heroic pose*  

Marurashi

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:45 pm
The whole guild network on Gaia is neglected. We havn't had an update to the GGN since before i started the damn thing (that's over 2 years... ) Gaia puts all it's effort into keeping the gaian attention to the newest items and main forum. They don't even have the Guild spotlight anymore... Gaia likes to just push things into a corner and hope everyone forgets they're there. Well, that's just the way things are. Every Gaia panel i've heard someone asks when the GGN will be updated.... and everytime i hear "when the BS is finished" well ******** SOORRRY for existing... the all important battle system must have precidence over us lowly 1/2 a million guild members. Gaia has been working on the BS for going on 4 years now... and we're expected to just twiddle our thumbs and believe everything is going to be ok. I have serious doubts the GGN will ever get updated. I mean we are basically a small group of very basic forums inside a huge complex forum site.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:04 pm
i dunno what "dieing" is, but the guild isn't dying.

we're fluffing it up and making it supa cute and whatnot, its just that our members are busy, productive members of society!

also, most of us are the kind who only say things when we have something to ADD to the conversation.

in other words, we don't speak just to hear ourselves talk, yo.

and saku, i'm worried that if it DOES ever get updated, it won't be a GOOD update, but a more complicated and more obnoxious version of guilds. crying

CAUSE YOU KNOW THAT'S HOW GAIA ROLLS!

edit: in fact, i ONLY post in the guild nowadays unless there's an event going on...so...yeah.  

WastelandMama
Crew

The_Strong_Bad

Dapper Dabbler

7,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:12 pm
IT WILL NEVA DIE!!!

People are just busy or screwin around with a game.Thell be back.They always come back....*Smiles very Creepily.*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:32 pm
when i was new i thought this guild was dieing too, but it never does....  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:32 pm
People always leave but then they come back when they aren't so busy. Happens all the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm
i agree with you angel_half82  

Harry19879

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:00 pm
Its not dead. Just not running ridiculously quickly.

I personally log on everyday but honestly, don't find topics I would like to post in or are busy with something else. Every single day of the week I have something else going on to think about.

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff