Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A raid? : / Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A raid unlessI give them my monorail cat?
  Impossible! They'll never take my monorail cat NEVAH! D:<
  Can I keep long cat then? ^_^
  Yeah, sure take them...
  Bring it ONNNNN! I'll keep my items just to spite them. >:D
View Results

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 pm
So I decided to take a small trip to gaia's GD and I saw the usual spam thread such as :I'M PREGGERS OMG LUL and I'M A MEGA PROMMIE WORSHIP MEH! and I saw one that caught my attention called "this might be serious" or something along those lines, so I check it out and the guy says that a group of people called Anon (from Anonymous) are threatening to raid gaia unless they take out the long cat and monorail cat halo, because they are 4chan memes.

So some who posted said that they were excited about it, some said nothing was going to happen and others said they didn't really care.
I'm actually curious, but I wonder if they could actually damage gaia as much as some claim. I mean aren't there enough spammers in gaia anyway? neutral

This has info on the group:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

So discuss:
Do you think they will actually raid gaia?
Think it's weird/stupid/reasonable for them to be pissed about the long cat and monorail items?
Do you agree or think it's just a bunch of bull? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm
Its all newfags making those threats. Newfags don't know s**t. The oldfags are facepalming because they already did their bitching and moaning when the Orly? hat came out. Even if there is a raid, its not gonna affect Gaia. They've raided before trying to shutdown Gaia but always fail. The most I've been hearing about is some phishing reports but if people don't know by now to becareful on what links to click, they deserve to be hacked. Srsly, we get trolls and phishing on this site on a regular basis. Its nothing new. Blame the cancer that is killing /b/  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:05 pm
Plus I'm not sure if long cat and monorail cat belongs to 4chan. I don't think it's copyrighted, but I guess if they're willing to try screwing up a site then they don't really care for all the formalities.

And didn't gaia give them credit anyway in the description? neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:07 pm
User Image

lol at newfags xd  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:10 pm
None of its is copyrighted. They're just being stupid. Gaia actually made reference to the origin of longcat in the description. People LOL'd when some guy posted a picture of his cat. He was hoisting the cat up so it looked unusually long. And so longcat was born.

Gaia doesn't need to give credit to anyone. /b/ just needs to rid itself of newfags. That would solve the problem. Lots of the oldfags made a point by saying "why are you even on Gaia?" when the newfags took screens of the items.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:16 pm
I was gonna ask about a thing a guy said.
He said that when they raided some website, I can't remember the name of it right now, that that same day tons of people in gaia had their passwords stolen at the same time and that gaia suffered economically because of it.
He said he didn't know if it was related to the raid on the other website though.

Did that actually happen to gaia? Cause I don't recall it or heard anything.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:23 pm
Hmmm. To my knowledge he's reffering to the raid of 5/6/07. I forget the name of the site that raided Gaia but it wasn't any of the chans. From what I heard about 3000 people's accounts got phished. I'm not sure if thats what he's reffering to but that the only thing that I can think of.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:31 pm
Then it's most likely that since I can't recall "hearing" about the chans raiding gaia and getting tons of passwords.

^_^ Internet = Serious Business domokun  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:35 pm
ahhh those foolish newfags.

4chan doesn't copyright anything nor does hardly anyone else. Really.

Plus, as jonniekinns said, their raids are always made of phale. So yea. No worries here.

If people on the internets want to moan and complain about things, let them.

@soul: I think that was the raid. I don't remember the site who raided either. Trevs would know I'll bet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 pm
Psh, old news, idiots from 4chan thinking they'll do something like they did to Habbo, doesn't even have the slightest affect on Gaia as a whole, no need to get all jumpy about it though, they're too stupid to do anything decent.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:29 pm
mods can ban raiders from this site faster than they can create accounts. i think its pointless.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:39 pm
^_^ Not really jumpy, just curious. The whole thing is crazy and irrational, but that's the internet I guess...

And Habbo, they actually did screw up a site?
But I guess it wasn't a big site or anything if they accomplished it right?
Gaia does glitch when tons of users are participating in events, but they do get that under control eventually and if the newchans really wanted to mess a bit with the site then I guess they would need about more than 100,000 people to do it (I'm guessing cause that's about the amount of users who participate in the events and cause the glitches), but it's not something I imagine could happen since I don't think they have that many people. >_<  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:10 pm
Dr Entropy
Hmmm. To my knowledge he's reffering to the raid of 5/6/07. I forget the name of the site that raided Gaia but it wasn't any of the chans. From what I heard about 3000 people's accounts got phished. I'm not sure if thats what he's reffering to but that the only thing that I can think of.

I dont even remember that happening eek was there a big who ha about it? Maybe im just going senile >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:14 pm
I don't remember that either. XD
But that's probably because I wasn't active at the time or something.
I miss all the big hullabaloos. emo  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:34 pm
I should have been active. May is coming up to exam time, when i am my most active xd 5/6/07 is may right? not the 5th june?  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff