Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Medical community knows nothing Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O: ******** that Ive never even tried to drink 8 bottles of water a day!
  XD
View Results

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:46 am
Thats what Im starting to believe because every year everything changes. Things they told you over and over were good for you suddenly become bad and in some cases life threatening and with in another year are good again!

Cases in point:

Skin cancer

They now believe that exposure to the sun is NOT actually linked to skin cancer!!! Can you believe that?! After all those years of telling us we have to put on sun block and all that happy crap because we could get skin cancer from to much sun and now they are telling us ... Oh well... that might not actually be true .... D: woops!

Water

Remember how they used to tell us that we had to have 8 glasses a day? Well now they say that might actually be way to much!

I really dont think they know as much about the body as they claim to....  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:35 am
all they do is sit around and think all day.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mishalla

1,900 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:23 am
I thinks its mainly because they try to lumps everyone together. For some ppl 8 glasses of water is waaay too much, some just right, and others mights not be enough ^^;;

Not everyone ish the same, and everyone's bodies have different needs from others.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 am
Uhmmm yea... a tipical glass of water is considered to be about 1 cup and 1/2

you can get your full daily regiment of water by drinking about 3-4 bottled waters.  

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:38 pm
Just remember this: Everything causes cancer, that way, you never have to worry about whether or not you'll get it, since chances are, you probably will. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Lol at everything causes cancer. XD

Well I'm not sure about any of that, but I just try not to worry about it much. I do take precautions though when they say that they discovered this or that just in case, but the drinking 8 glasses of water thing is a bit to much...that's a lot of bathroom stops for me.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:16 pm
The way I see it... food is bad for you gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:02 pm
Well, the body is a pretty intricate thing, so it's easy to make mistakes. But now i think they're just making things up so they have something to do. They get paid from the governement, who gives them grants to do studies. That money comes from taxpayers. So they have to keep us afraid of s**t, so we'll pay for study grants on random s**t.

Keep in mind this is not a tax bash.  

Artanus

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:17 pm
churrlo
The way I see it, life is bad for you, but I'm addicted to it, so nothing is going to stop me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:35 pm
[Tsukasa567]
churrlo
The way I see it, life is bad for you, but I'm addicted to it, so nothing is going to stop me.

Correction: Human life is bad for you. Without us the world would be going on merrily.  

Artanus

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:46 pm
Artanus
[Tsukasa567]
churrlo

Correction: Human life is bad for you. Without us the world would be going on merrily.

.-. you watched that thing on discovery didnt you?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:37 pm
Artanus
[Tsukasa567]
churrlo

Well, it you want to be technical, I wasn't trying to be technical, therefore, I am still correct. 3nodding  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:53 pm
no one gets out of life alive anyway  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 am
common sense i know but probably easiest to just stick to a multi vitamin a day maybe a few xtra supplements if you're into keeping up with xtra vitamins. other than that trying to throw in foods that you can tolerate that you know have always been good for ppl at leasts naturally beefs up your body to weather what life and societys going to throw at it. at least better than if you didn't try.

after scares lately with my blood iron and couple things i realize its going to stick with me and be more important that i'm getting use to buying steam fresh veggies (lil single packs that magically cook in microwave steamed though in a non perforated bag no idea how it works) they don't have the nutrients cooked out of them.

just try remembering a daily multivitamin and even if you eat kinda naughty just try adding some good things that have stood the test of time. health discoveries will come and go and meds and so on but common sense good foods and juices will always be reliable to help you hang in there. getting into the habit of munching on some xtra things over the long hauls gonna help lots more than any fad or new wonder drug or discovery.
i'm finding that home remedies or just eating to slowly cure or prevent problems rly seems to have some fact to it. seems so to me anyways.

edit: o and bout the water thing. doesn't have to be water per say rly i don't believe but pretty sure having juices natural as you can find or throwing a tea packet in a bottle of water or gaterade counts as part of your water intake too. helps my lil brother get enough water since he hates just chugging too much water. i'd bet 3 or 4 glasses could be enough donno though. but too much water's actually toxic.

(sorry if it sounds like i'm trying to know what i'm talking about lol its just late and i'm wide awake and stressed about work and in rattle mode xD )  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

A E 12 O

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:58 am
i seriously, cant see myself drinking 8 glasses of water per day, only if i am away on a army camp then i drink probably a lot more, with the walking, and then hot weather. All fun though blaugh  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff