Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Spring Break and how you spend it Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spring Break?
  Overrated
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 pm
Ok, so it's finally my Spring Break. Yay! I have been spending it at the Animal Shelter. I am not payed, as I am a volunteer. I get no lunch break, or any break for that matter, but I love it. heart Today was the day where the dogs who haven't been adopted for a while get put down. crying It was sad, but I also got a bunch of dogs out of there today. That's is my reward. ^^

lol, funny moment:

Adopter: So young lady, why are you wasting your Spring Break here at this place? Is it some kind of required community service? Why aren't you on vacation.
Me: This is my vacation. I love doing this every week, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Adopter: Wow! Where are all the other officers?
Me: They're on lunch break right now.
Adopter: What? You mean they get to go eat lunch while you sit here and work your butt off?!?!
Me: I don't get payed, so I don't get a lunch break. Simple as that.
Adopter: Wow.

lol, people can be stupid sometimes.

Discuss:
Animal Shelter
Community Service
Spring Break
Lunch Break  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:26 pm
That's a good thing your doing. You definitely deserve a standing ovation. *claps*  

angel_half82
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:55 pm
Why don't you get an actual job there?

My spring break will be boring unless I can find something to do. Maybe I'll hang out with some friends I haven't seen in a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:14 pm
My Spring Break was boring, I got to work 8 hours a day, and my days usually ran from 5 AM to 12 AM, so I didn't get much sleep. Made about $500 though, so it wasn't too terrible.

I could never do straight community service, there's no real incentive for me to do it, I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that most people seem to get if they do it, and since I'm not getting paid, there's no monetary reimbursement for my time. The only times I've done community service was: when I was really bored and it came up one weekend for a club I was in, when I was in Senior Beta, and then when I was at my Leadership forum we had to do community service at one point.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:18 pm
[Tsukasa567]
My Spring Break was boring, I got to work 8 hours a day, and my days usually ran from 5 AM to 12 AM, so I didn't get much sleep. Made about $500 though, so it wasn't too terrible.

I could never do straight community service, there's no real incentive for me to do it, I don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that most people seem to get if they do it, and since I'm not getting paid, there's no monetary reimbursement for my time. The only times I've done community service was: when I was really bored and it came up one weekend for a club I was in, when I was in Senior Beta, and then when I was at my Leadership forum we had to do community service at one point.

I don't really get it, and if I do do something just to be nice, I tend to get screwed, and not in inappropriate joke way.

I'd work/vollenteer at a shelter to make my parents happy, because I was bored, or because I was doing something that lacked most human contact.

No warm fuzzies until you count cuddle time with a warm fuzzy kitty, and those have claws.

Euthination day? eek I don't get why they don't just spay/neuter them and let them go back to being strays if they can't afford to house them. Yes, I'd let them loose.
Seriously, out of the two which do you think they'd choose?
Besides, there are some that would clearly be better as a stray/outdoor dog/cat than a pet. I've had a few that are strays that are fed regularly, so, sort of like outside pets.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:26 pm
haha, if i was volunteering, which i sometimes do with the scouts, i would sit on my a** alot more than the people getting paid to do it would.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 pm
OMG! That reminds me... I forgot to call the animal shelter today about getting a group to come for a service project >.>

I love the animal shelter too even though ours is a high kill one. We have lots of great animals there, it's sad T.T But a lot get adopted.... ^^

Over my spring break I just kinda sat around playing games and hanging out with my buddy Ethan xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:06 pm
My spring break was ok, I didn't get to volunteer for anything, but I took my first driving lesson. I did have lots of college work so I don't think I had that much lazy time. I want summer now. domokun  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm
... that just reminded me that I don't have my license and I was supposed to get that over break too... xd (I'm 1 cool  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:46 pm
lol Churrlo, im 21 and dont have my licence mrgreen

I dont have a spring break emo but animal shelter work sounds cool!  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 am

I really need to bother to get my permit. sweatdrop

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:11 am
even if you're not getting paid you still deserve a lunch break. XD

Saku.. got to work over his spring break YAY!  

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:14 am
I will always care about you....
Well im absolutely bored xD Spring break started on friday and I worked saturday, was bored sunday, slept over Dan's monday to tuesday and now its wednesday and im bored out of my mind xD
...Because I love you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:20 am
Start playing WoW. it's like the AIDS virus for boredom  

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 am
I will always care about you....
My laptop will go Boom from the lack of RAM needed xD I can hardly play FLYFF with out it lagging >.<
...Because I love you!

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces