Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Are you earth friendly?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EARTH
  Needs a friend
  *Slowpoke.jpg* What's earth day/week?
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:08 pm
This week is earth week. What do you do to try and make a difference?
How do you "go green" so to speak?

Carpooling?
Reduce water usage?

Share some of your ideas and things that you do.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 pm
Instead of using air conditioning, I just leave my refrigerator open xd  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:02 pm
I can't say I do much, but I don't throw pop bottles away. However here there is a 10 cent deposit on them  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:08 pm
I installed CFL bulbs in every light fixture in my house. Saves me about 150 bucks a year at least on my electric bill.  

angel_half82
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:49 pm
Two Diesel Cars
Recycle bottles, cans and paper

eehhh.... not leaving lights on? I dunno

Personally, I could car less about Earth days. All that happens is that TV stations like nickelodeon pretend to give a s**t, so they'll get better ratings and more sponsors.

But just earth day itself. I love the whole save the earth thang. >.<

I went to a seminar two months ago on Global Warming  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:00 pm
Artanus
Two Diesel Cars
Recycle bottles, cans and paper

eehhh.... not leaving lights on? I dunno

Personally, I could car less about Earth days. All that happens is that TV stations like nickelodeon pretend to give a s**t, so they'll get better ratings and more sponsors.

But just earth day itself. I love the whole save the earth thang. >.<

I went to a seminar two months ago on Global Warming

I watch too much history/discovery/animal planet and it , in my opinion, would suck if the polar bears went extinct just because we couldn't lay off the CO2 emissions.  

angel_half82
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:38 pm
I rollerblade everywhere within 2 miles of my location instead of driving.
I turn off lights.
I recycle. My mom does too. She uses cans and cardboard and plastic for her arts and crafts class with the little pre-schoolers.
I don't litter.
If my friends drink half of a water bottle, and then leave it, I don't dump it out like they do. I give it to Yoko. xd

I LOVE EARTH.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:44 pm
When I'm at home I don't turn the ac on until it's time for bed, which my mom sorta nags me for cause she doesn't like my room when it gets stuffy, but it doesn't feel stuffy to me. I open my windows instead of turning on the lights.
The maximum of things on in my room is 3 (besides saving energy there would be a power outage if it were more than that) I don't litter. We keep bottles to store water. I wanted to buy a cute owl shirt that was actually made with recycle material, I was broke though. xd  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 pm
meh, im not going to do anything in particular. I take the bus, i recycle glass, plastic and paper anyway  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:50 pm
I don't have a choice in the matter. The university makes us eat out of biodegradable materials, has sorted recycle bins instead of trash cans, and of course makes us walk everywhere (since parking is way overpriced). Fluorescent lights, water saving toilets, etc.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 am
I turn of the tap when I'm brushing my teeth. My family does everything in one room so we don't need a lot of lights. So we all read or play or watch TV in the same room and the rest of our big house would be left in darkness. ^.^ And I try not to use the AC unless it's really, really hot.
Between 50% polyester material and 100% cotton clothes, which would you choose to buy?
Apparently, 100% cotton is not healthy for the earth.... I shall go look for the website I visited the other day.
And between plastic/Styrofoam coffee and bottled water, which would you choose?
Bottled water usually gets transported a long way and the fuel for transportation is worse for the planet than the plastic, etc.
Hmm.... I forgot some other interesting facts.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 am
angel and i also have a low-flow shower head, and we have a brick in our potty's tank to conserve water!

we also don't produce a lot of actual trash, which is good. 3nodding

oh, and we don't drive anywhere on our days off. we walk. xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 am
I smoke aloooot of weed

I celebrate in ernst of the worlds marvelous bounty. And revel in it's procusions in a manner befitting that of humbility.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:52 pm
SakuChwan
I smoke aloooot of weed

I celebrate in ernst of the worlds marvelous bounty. And revel in it's procusions in a manner befitting that of humbility.

*kicks*

weed is bad once you burn it, doofus. carbon monoxide emissions and various other chemicals that are bad for basically all living things around you.

stare  

WastelandMama
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:41 pm
bluegrass cat
angel and i also have a low-flow shower head, and we have a brick in our potty's tank to conserve water!

we also don't produce a lot of actual trash, which is good. 3nodding

oh, and we don't drive anywhere on our days off. we walk. xd

I bolded the potty tank thing. We do that too. xd  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out