Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I need diet tips, or something like that. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weight
  LOSE
  GAIN, no I mean lose!
  Boobs
View Results

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:14 pm
At most would know I am trying to lose weight. However I know working out isn't the only solution since that is mostly what I have been talking about.

At the moment it goes like this

4-6 cans of soda
1 or 2 meals.
Too much junk.

I am trying to change to

2-3 cans of soda
1-2 meals. Nothing wrong with that.
Not a lot of junk.

I'd like to hear some ideas that could help out with this quest  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:55 pm
.no soda....3 meals and snacks in between.............junk food maybe twice a week,..........and keep exercising..........................  

Lineriku

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:05 pm
As Liner said. No soda

Aside from the disgusting amount of sugar that turns into fat, its starving your body of nutrients. It has so much acid, your body uses tons of nutrients to neutralize that acid when it should be using those nutrients to fuel your body. I stick to water but juice is fine I suppose. Just watch your sodium and sugar intake.

Meals: you srsly need 3 meals a day. Plain and simple. Cutting meals out isn't going to help lose weight and will actually cause your body to hold onto fat because it feels like its in starvation mode. Just keep your proportions right and stay away from greasy, fatty foods.

Junk: You'll need to cut out at least 80% of the snacks you eat now. If you do feel the need to snack on something, try something healthy like rice cakes.

If you don't have any equipment to exercise take to the streets. A jogging on a sidewalk is free.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:05 pm
Lineriku
.no soda....3 meals and snacks in between.............junk food maybe twice a week,..........and keep exercising..........................

There are just two problems
1. I have a caffeine addiction and I can't handle withdrawals, and
2. I am always asleep during the morning so I always miss breakfast time

With soda at the moment I believe its best just to cut it to 2 cans. At least for now.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Lineriku

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
Lineriku

There are just two problems
1. I have a caffeine addiction and I can't handle withdrawals, and
2. I am always asleep during the morning so I always miss breakfast time

With soda at the moment I believe its best just to cut it to 2 cans. At least for now.

well swich to another (healthier) addiction....its easier than you think and it happens to me alot.............without me knowing it actually................................about the breakfast situation.....idunno.......................eat as soon as you wake up and that will be your breakfast......actually i think its the breakfast foods that count as breakfast not the time you eat...the foods give you the energy you need for the day...............so yeh, just try to eat at least three meals a day............and exercise....................and just listen to entropy............his explenation is a really detailed version of mine....(im the lazy a** version.....jaja)  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:21 pm
Yeah, you're going to have to cut out the soda. 2 cans a week wouldn't be so bad ^^ there are other ways to get caffeine. Whats wrong with tea and coffee?

You should eat three reasonably proportioned meals a day, astleast. Smaller more frequent meals is also good, especially if you're doing lots of physical activity. It's actually really important to eat a little something after you work out. So don't start starving yourself and working out alot, thats not the way to do it. It's actually worse, because then your body will start using muscle to sustain it's self.

No snacking. Pretty much none at all, unless it's healthy. Or on occasion. A bag of potato chips every few weeks is okay, every few days is not.

My favorite thing (well, not really xD) Is this stuff called Brewer's Yeast. If you mix a few spoonfuls of it in some apple juice, it's tolerable and has more vitamins and great things that any other diet/health drink/bar/supplement, and none of the sugar, which many of them have, making them not worth s**t.
I like having that for breakfast, because I never eat anything, and it gives me lots of energy and keeps me from not feeling well if I don't eat.
Start replacing meals with that and working out and you'll get skinny something quick xD

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Caffinated tea, using a microwave, a mug, and a tea bag. Use minimal sugar and try to reduce the sugar use use over time in the tea. If you don't let it steep for too long it won't need so much sugar.

No soda, and still got caffine.

You miss breakfast. Do you sleep for 10 hours or could you use an after -dinner meal? wink Meals tend to consist of healthier foods than snacks, at least from my experiences.

Try to only get or make smaller portions. Or make a meal, and put half in the refrigerator, to munch on or eat later instead of a snack.

Stretch and gym class warm-up exercises.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:28 pm
1) As far as the caffeine addiction: You need to break it. I know its going to be hard but having that much caffeine in your system can lead to insomnia, peptic ulcers, acid reflux disease, and even Parkinson's disease. I'm sure you don't want that. Try week by week reducing your soda intake by one can. That might make it easier

2) If your always asleep in the mornings, go to bed an hour earlier than you usually do. And I know this may sound like a pain in the a** but set up an alarm so that you wake up half an hour earlier than you normally do so you can set aside that time fore a decent meal.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Lineriku

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:34 pm
yes they all right!!......erm.....they are al correct.................listen to them.............cause rice cakes rule and so to chips ahoy.............but thats only cause i can afford to not watch what i eat.......and i like teddy grahams too.......and jerky............and salted peanuts.................and granola bars.................and............o......i hope i havent made anyone hungry??...........................eat rice cakes with jam!!..............  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 pm
NO SODA D:< Extremely bad for you. Drink more like... 2 cups of milk a day and 2 cups of juice or something, MUCH better for you.

I would definitely do at least 2 meals a day, 3 is honestly better for you. But depending on when you wake up, I know it can be hard cause I get up at like 11 and just don't eat breakfast haha. But eat 2 full meals a day, don't skip out on those! You know, have the entree, have a side, and have a juice and like some toast or some bread with it or something.

Try not to eat junk food razz Or limit it to like... idk 2 cookies a day or a piece of chocolate for dessert or something.

If you can't handle the caffeine withdrawals, have coffee in the morning and at night. Or have coffee for breakfast, tea in the afternoon, coffee at night. It's still not THAT good for you, but it's much better than soda. Or you know what, caffeine pills! =o Idk if that's too good an idea though hehe, pills are dangerous.  

churrlo

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 pm
okay, I'm just going to be plain rude about this.

everything that Jonniekinns has said is correct to my knowledge.

the caffeine addiction - your own fault own up to it. Get past it. Caffeine is bad for you anyway.

sleep problem - your own fault whether by way of unhealthy caffeine intake or by way of staying up too late, you need to start going to bed at a normal time, say 9:00PM, and waking up at a normal time, say 8:00AM. That's a full nine hours.

You NEED to eat breakfast every day. If you don't, your body's metabolism will not start itself.

If you have to, purchase meal replacement bars, especially CLIF brand, that are designed to go with a piece of fruit to be equal to a meal. I suggest CLIF bars because I know them to be tasty and good for you.

You also need to eat balanced meals; protein, vegetable, fruit, dairy, not too much starch. And in smaller portions than most people do. Sure you will be hungry afterward but you will adjust to it.

Wait at least three hours between meals. If you have to snack, only things like dried fruits [apples, apricots, raisins, etc.] or granola bars with low sugar should be used. Rice cakes are possible but I plain just don't like those.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:47 pm
There is someone I want to have as snacks instead of junk but no one would get it for me. Things like carrots, and celery. The stuff is really good, even with some dressing. But they rarely even guy the stuff.

From the way it looks if I want vegi snacks I'll have to get my own. crying

I don't go to face food places often but when it comes to that its best to get a smaller portion than I would have normally have gotten.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Lineriku

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 pm
rice cakes are awesome......i dun know what your talking about TSN............i mean how can you not like them.....................and bikki try to get veggies that everyone will enjoy eating and not just for you..............that might remind them to get veggies...........  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:36 pm
HEY, I stole "or something like that" from a really good movie. I'm the only one who's allowed to use it at the end of my sentences, or something like that.

Thief.

Also: Switch to diet soda, it's probably your highest intake of calories.

Though your current meal plan sounds about like mine, and I'm WAY underweight. Possibly because I only have one junk food: relevant wiki stub which is fairly cheap and has no nutritional value.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Marurashi

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:44 pm
find healthier caffinated drinks to help get you off of the caffine all together, tis SUPER bad for you!

3 meals a day and when you do eat your meals watch the calories try to get as few as possible.

dats all da advice i gots fer ya! good luck  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces