Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm
Share your strategies with us! Are you a staller? A brawler? Do you mix and match? Do you not have a clue? Do you have the faintest clue what I'm saying? Come here to read what people have to say concerning their favorite style of battle, or contribute your own two cents. Here's mine:

I'm what I just called a "brawler." xp
The "terms" list said there are trainers who stick to using "Specials" and then "Physical Attacks." I combine the two. There are a number of heavy Physical hitters that I love, and then there are the Pokemon who use Specials like Fire Pokemon.

Some of my favorite Pokemon who are Physical Hitters:
Heracross, Metagross (Who doesn't use those two?), Tyranitar, (Probably the MOST OU'd.)

My weakness:
STALLERS. I know how to dismantle stall teams, but that requires me to know AHEAD OF TIME who my opponent is using. So if I ever come up against a Staller, I usually get my butt beat. I have beaten stallers before, but it isn't common. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 pm
I suppose I don't really have much of a strategy. Lots of switching, sure, and I love surprises, but when I resume breeding pokemon again I'll be working on some of the more dangerous threats. sweatdrop  

Nadian
Crew

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:56 pm
Are there any combos you stick to?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:04 pm
Nope. Even the team in my signature is just a sampling of some of my favored trained pokemon that could be used in my team, otherwise I'll switch strategies from battle to battle, condition to condition, etc.

I suppose my teams do tend to have a mix of sweep and stall, though.  

Nadian
Crew

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:24 pm
I love Weather Combos. Sunny Day and Rain Dance, and sometimes Sandstorm.
I don't use Hail. At all. xP
I also use the "OU'd" combos. Like Endure + Salac Berry + Reversal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:34 pm
Ah yes, I've got a Scizor and a Scyther that both use that strategy as well. Good for the occasional surprise.

I want to make a hail team... maybe before the more dangerous sandstorm team.

I leave water for the Ubers... Kyogre is very ouch.  

Nadian
Crew

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:47 pm
Kyogre is super. Insta Rain Dance + Thunder= win. xP

I should make a Hail Team because Blizzard becomes 100% accurate. I stick to Ice Beam because it's accurate, but if I could have accuracy and power...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 pm
Little_Neco-chan
Kyogre is super. Insta Rain Dance + Thunder= win. xP

I should make a Hail Team because Blizzard becomes 100% accurate. I stick to Ice Beam because it's accurate, but if I could have accuracy and power...

Rain Dance + Thunder = win, but what does Choice Scarf + Water Spout + Insta Rain + Water STAB equal?

(Damage calculations suggest that it's maybe about as powerful as a pokemon such as Regirock using Explosion, except it's not Explosion it's just a normal attack.)

Sort of like how the Latis are broken with Soul Dew thanks to having nice stats and getting what is essentially an evil Calm Mind version of Choice Specs without the downside...  

Nadian
Crew

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 pm
Lovin' that combo. lol
Sure, it's probably mega- win, unless there's another water Pkmn involved. In that case, Thunder! whee

Heh, both of my Latis are pimped with Soul Dews.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:20 pm
Endure > Salac > Reversal sweep truly does win. One of my favorite strategies. <3

As for my other strats... I'd prefer not to reveal them, because then those who battle me will see the strats coming and easily avoid them, but if you're up for a battle I'd be glad to SHOW you.

Though this is far from the right thread for this, so I'll leave it at that.  

Shadovvstar

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:41 pm
I like double battles more than anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 pm
Here's a good strategy that I like to use.

Use Toxic on a Pokémon. Next, make sure your Pokémon is pretty happy. Use Return.

That way, every time you use the move it gets 0.25% more power. Not only that, every turn, the poison from the Toxic increases in damage.  

OcarinaGuy64

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:44 pm
Or you can paralyze a really slow Pokemon (like Snorlax) and have it use Facade.

Or there's Dragon Dance + Flail...

Or there's a combination of the following:

Posion + Leech Seed + Confusion + Attraction

You can replace Posion with Paralysis as needed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:59 pm
Little_Neco-chan
Or you can paralyze a really slow Pokemon (like Snorlax) and have it use Facade.

Or there's Dragon Dance + Flail...

Or there's a combination of the following:

Posion + Leech Seed + Confusion + Attraction

You can replace Posion with Paralysis as needed.

Generally more fun to put Facade on a pokemon with Guts and taking a Burn on the switch (or perhaps becoming poisoned from Toxic Spikes.)

Swellow, for example, can pull off a strategy like this really well. Have it hold a Burn Orb and give it Protect. First turn, Protect, Burn Orb burns you.

From there, his Attack should be nice and high. Another bonus is he gets STAB for Facade, making the already-powerful attack dangerously so. Essentially, it'd be something like a pokemon with a power of 150 using an attack with a power of 210.

(The effective attack of an Adamant, trained Swellow would be 442 after a burn.)  

Nadian
Crew

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:49 pm
Haha, yeah, there's that...
My problem is, I have the patience to EV someone, but I don't have the patience to sit down and calculate the damage for combos. The only time I do that is WHILE I'm battling. I sit there and calculate the effectiveness of certain attacks. xp

Example:

Electric Pkmn uses Thunderbolt

1.5x for Electric Type

2x for Weakness (Up to 4x for weakness)

2x for Critical

1.1x for Held Item
(Magnet; what does Light Ball do for Pikachu? 1.1 or 1.5?)

Or if you use Choice Specs (For SP. ATK) 1.5x

If you follow the "Magnet" hold item and 2x Weakness, you're looking at
6.6x the damage.

If you follow the Choice Specs and 4x weakness...
18x the damage. Unless I f'd the math up that badly. Which I may have.
Of course, very few Pokemon have a 4x weakness to Electricity, but Gyarados is enough of a threat to justify having an Electric sitting in the bench. And Skarmory too. God I hate Skar w/ Spikes. I have the perfect method to dispatch him though. biggrin  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff