Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I was so god damn scared.... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I don't want to bother making a poll..
  But I have to.
View Results

Pirate-Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:36 pm
NO ******** TL;DR. PLEASE.

I'm going to be completely honest, I have never been more scared in my entire life.
Here's the whole story. I rode my bike to a friends house today because she only lives a few blocks away from me. So I got to her house, stayed a couple of hours and chatted. Then I left on my bike, and on the way home I could hear this car pulling out of this car park. So I ignored it at first, then I heard it slowing down. So I got a bit freaked out and peddled faster and he drives faster and stops at least 10 meters in front of me and parks. I know for a fact he's following me now so I quickly move to the other side of the road because there are houses on that side, and he turns the car around. I was so god damn lucky I got to the first house because as soon as I did I yelled for help but there was no response. So I hid behind the bushes on the property and waited for him to drive away. I was basically in tears at this point because I was so scared.
I remembered what his car looked like and I had a quick glimpse of his face but the windows were tinted so not a very good one. So I got back on my bike and rode as fast as I could back home. When I reached home I told my dad what happened and he said he would drive me around that area to see if I could spot that car. Sure enough I did see it and the guy in the same car park circling his car. I think he saw me too and he got into his car quickly and went in the opposite direction we were traveling.. I didn't manage to get his number plate but I know what he looked like and what his car looked like. So my dad rung the police and I'm going to hope that this guy is caught.

So discuss..  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 pm
I'm buying you a taser. D:  

Dana Pixie Stix

Lineriku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 pm
i hope youll be ok...........get as much info on him as you can..................i advise you not go out by yourself.............especially when you dont know if this guy is a danger or not yet..............be careful and get the police whenever you need them...............and keep your dad informed at all times........................  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:00 pm
Dana Pixie Stix

And a body guard.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Dana Pixie Stix

And a body guard.

Do you fit in a box?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Dana Pixie Stix

And a body guard.
And a can of Mace.  

xxKiria-Kunxx

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm
ooo scary! But can theya ctually do anything about it? I mean technically he was just driving his car around, thats legal. I'm not sure what the requirement is for stalking, it might have to be more than that sad Definately wouldnt go out biking by yourself for a while  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Get a dog, like a St. Bernard, those are huge dogs, but too lazy to drag you around, and very protective. Unless that guy was a car bomber, a dog should solve all those bad ideas you got.

I suppose a boxer would work, but mine is too ******** hyper, can't walk him without being constantly on guard for anything that might grab his attention, so no riding a bike with that dog. A St. Bernard my be difficult to convince to actually do something, like walk, but they are big enough that if you don't have a fenced yard you can convince the dog that walking you around town is how he/she will get exercise. Bribes work too. Be careful though, my dog is too damn spoiled to work for anything less than pieces of hotdog, and if he isn't at least a little hungry I can't keep his attention at all.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:17 pm
Dogs are easily dealt with. My dad used to have to collect money from people who hadnt paid for their concrete and the builders often had dogs guarding their yards/properties. Lets just say he carried a brick

Easier and more effective to take and use mace  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 pm
I love following people around for no reason... OHSHI-

It's not TL;DR, but it SERIOLSLSY needs some paragraphs ._. Tiny text + no spacing + high resolution = impossible to keep track of what line you're on without highlighting.

To get down to business, the guy didn't do anything wrong. You honestly sound a bit paranoid. ._. He may have just wanted to ask for directions.

Think about it from his perspective: Poor guy could have been lost, running low on gas, in the middle of some strange neighborhood with scary kids running around on bicycles ready to tazer him or go Higurashi on his a**.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:56 pm
seems a little excessive if they just wanted directions?

unless you're being sarcastic ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:05 am
Iconised Ghost

No, I'm making a facetious exaggerated possibility, that while improbable, demonstrates that our narrator was being equally as irrational.

Also, as none of us saw the situation ourselves, it's impossible to tell how exaggerated it was, and therefore impossible to determine if the driver was acting excessively creepy in the first place.

Not that I'm one to doubt Wolfie's words, but the story seemed slightly one sided.

I always play the devil's advocate when possible.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 am
Exmucane
Iconised Ghost

No, I'm making a facetious exaggerated possibility, that while improbable, demonstrates that our narrator was being equally as irrational.

Also, as none of us saw the situation ourselves, it's impossible to tell how exaggerated it was, and therefore impossible to determine if the driver was acting excessively creepy in the first place.

Not that I'm one to doubt Wolfie's words, but the story seemed slightly one sided.

Stories are always one sided ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:11 am
Iconised Ghost
Exmucane
Iconised Ghost

Which is why I always try to re-imagine the story from a different point of view; combine the two and you can get a decent guesstimation of what actually happened.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:23 am
Exmucane
Iconised Ghost
Exmucane
Iconised Ghost

Which is why I always try to re-imagine the story from a different point of view; combine the two and you can get a decent guesstimation of what actually happened.

As long as you add a good dollop of doubt and scepticism to each side of the story. No one can be trusted!

Ahem  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces