Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I'm a little scared/worried

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahh Egga is so paranoid after last year
  Her dad even looked at her last week and said "it's about time for you to get hacked again be really careful."
View Results

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:33 pm
Okay, so I was browsing on the MP a couple of minutes ago, and I looked up to see what my gold was.

I had thought that it should be at about 107k, but when I looked up it was at 105k.

This freaked the s**t out of me so I changed my password.

Then I was browsing my inventory, and I noticed that I had two spots with "red fly" reserved on them. I thought "that's weird" but went to make some ink out of it.

When I got to Durem Depot, I noticed that I had WAYYY more inks than I thought i did.

So now i'm worried.

I think I'll change my password one more time, but I can't tell.

Is somebody trying to hack me, or is this a gaia glitch?

Edit: After changing my password again, doing a trade to bring me up to 106k, and browsing the MP again, my gold somehow went up 1k.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46 pm
It's a glitch connected to the item normalization. The staff know about it, and they're working on it. There was a suggestion to try clearing your cache, but I'm not sure whether it will effect it or not.  

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:29 pm
Ah, thank you. Everything is actually back to normal. Sorry to freak out on you guys. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:28 pm
I was gonna suggest it had something to do with the item normilization, but he beat me too it.

Glad to see everything is fine now.  

Artanus

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:13 am
A lot of people are having this problem, people are going from having 5k to having 139k it will be all sorted out don't worry. One of my exchanging friends just lost 3mil, demon horns and an angelic sash xD A mod said he would get it all back though >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 am
egga dont you ever read announcements? they said your inventory/gold would be screwed for a little bit while they were migrating the item system. i think its kinda funny how paranoid you are. xD about to change your password twice, heh.

and again. you cant hack gaia.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:16 am
jfm567
egga dont you ever read announcements? they said your inventory/gold would be screwed for a little bit while they were migrating the item system. i think its kinda funny how paranoid you are. xD about to change your password twice, heh.

Sure you can, It's been done before, you just cant hack somone and steal their password, if you can get around using a password all togeather then it doesn't matter. Everything CAN be hacked it would just take more work than anyone is generally worth putting in.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 am
i gained 5k from this glitch.  

-iSnug-

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:39 am
SakuChwan
jfm567

Sure you can, It's been done before, you just cant hack somone and steal their password, if you can get around using a password all togeather then it doesn't matter. Everything CAN be hacked it would just take more work than anyone is generally worth putting in.

i think what we all mean when we say "you can't hack gaia" is that none of the idiotic typical 13yr old users of gaia can hack gaia.

all the people with the skillz don't give a flying crap about gaia gold, so there's no worries. 3nodding plus, what hacker wants to deal with the lawsuit, since gaia IS a money makin' operation and can take people to court over hacking.

and in any case, aren't we all still having too much fun with the scientologists? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:39 pm
Well, i DO read the announcements, but often I don't understand what they mean, or it doesn't register. sweatdrop  

MonsieurSponge

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 pm
same xd especially the long ones. Its like "blah blah blah ok not important moving on!"  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games