Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm
For McCains Vice President.
Cant say I like her very much.
She's a member of the NRA.
Former Beauty Queen
But then I never liked McCain much anyway.
Her nomination just adds to it.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm
Meh don't really care who he picks for VP, if I could vote I wouldn't vote for him. If he does pick her it'll probably be a strategy type thing. The democrats have the black guy, the republicans have the woman and that way they'll get the people who care about that stuff.

and I ish moving this to the In-Depth Discussion for you =^_^=  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:57 pm
Seriously, McCain could have had Spider-man for his running mate and I still wouldn't vote for him. rolleyes

Choosing such a young women is a double-edged sword for him. I'm guessing he chose a woman to make himself look "edgy." Since Obama didn't choose Hilary, I'm guessing McCain thinks this will impress women and persuade them to vote for him (and sadly, it will probably work for some). However, he's also undercutting one of his major arguments against Obama: his youth and inexperience.

Reading about her views, she seems like one of those people who just have weak views on issues or let religion cloud their minds (like her "having gay friends" but opposing gay marriage). Not to mention she sounds like an oil company sellout.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:39 pm
DaisukeOrDark
For McCains Vice President.
Cant say I like her very much.
She's a member of the NRA.
Former Beauty Queen
But then I never liked McCain much anyway.
Her nomination just adds to it.

What do you think?

She has a lifetime membership to the NRA. She's not afraid to be controversial if it means doing the right thing. She rides ATV's. She has mad big political changes in her state. And she hunts. She's smart, tough, and pretty. She isn't a prim and proper pansy. I don't agree with all her ideals (abortion, gay marriage), but I think she is awesome!

As for her being an oil company sell out, as it was put, I don't see that as bad. Then again, I'm Republican, I think money and the involvement of big companies are critical to saving the economy. Until the economy is fixed, nothing else is going to get resolved. No solutions to health care reform, education reform, saving the environment (ok, I don't really care that much about going green, but some of you do), or improving our forgien relations.

I think McCain made a great choice by adding her to the ticket.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:27 pm
Regardless of what she ACTUALLY is, the media spin is the problem. And if the media portrays this as anything but a grasp at the short straws for the voters that Hillary left behind when she failed to hold on to the electoral vote then that is exactly what people are going to think this is.

Ironic I know.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:44 pm
I don't care what anyone else thinks of Palin...I've finally found my role model!  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:35 pm
    Can't say I'm a fan. McCain picked her after only talking to her for an hour. Parents don't usually leave their kids with anyone only knowing a person that long and McCain's going to be leaving her the whole freaking country. And I just don't agree with her views. The ultra conservative just don't seem objective enough to always make the right choices.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 pm
It just goes to show that McCain does what he thinks is right regardless of what anyone says. This chick ruined a bet we had going within the AP classes. No one won the bet for McCain's VP. DAMN YOU McCain! I will never forgive this trechory.

On a more serious note, I think the choice is nice. Off the wall but a nice change. She has a great domestic resume, and that balances McCain's weakness in that area. Also she is a badass  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:30 am
Palin is a f cking cartoon.

McCain's primary attacks on Obama have centered on his inexperience, and then he pulls in a ******** HOCKEY MOM BEAUTY QUEEN FROM ******** ALASKA. What a joke.

Saverio, are you joking? She's not a change. She's the same as any other piece of sh t privileged republican he could have chosen with the same privileged background and the same racist, classist, sexist, oligarchal, entitled set of dogmatic moral beliefs, except she has a menstrual cycle.

Thaliat? Seriously? A role model? Why. Please, please, please tell me why she is someone to want to be like.

All of this "not afraid to be controversial" bullshit as retarded as her baby. Seriously. You know that. You're not dumb. Do you think that anyone who espouses views that are not held by the majority are "not afriad to be controversial?" She is exactly like EVERY OTHER "maverick" republican who is just as deep in the pocket of Corporation and just as ready to ******** the poor again and again to help the rich just become a little bit richer. She's just more and more and more of the same. She's a young Cindy McCain. She's GEORGE BUSH in a f cking SMOCK. She's spouts the same UNCONTROVERSIAL s**t every other republican is spouting and pretending it's new.

Lipstick on a f cking bulldog. Just so you know what that means, I'll explain. If you call something good, and new, and helpful, it won't change the fact that her husband has affiliations with a secessionist movement ( a big no-no for republicans, but something i think i could get behind given the right context).

But I would still like to hear why you think she is a role model. Despite forcing her 17 year old daughter to give birth to an UNWANTED child, and then forcing her to marry the man, in a effort to save her image. Shotgun weddings are loads of fun, let me tell you, and someone who is willing to hurt her daughters, FAMILY, for her IMAGE is definitely not someone I would consider a role model.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 am
Though, honestly, I'm just buying into the banality of this whole process. I shouldn't get so personally invested in a corrupt process of which we have no control. There is no enemy anywhere.

Instead, I should just be grateful of this woman fighting the good fight:

Sarah Palin VLOG #4  

Milk and Holy Water

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:58 pm
Sarah Palin is the ultimate charlatan. A fake in every sense of the word.

Notice that her 'media honeymoon' didn't last particularly long. There's a reason for that. After getting past the beauty-pageant smile and the Alaskan twang, there's nothing there. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:51 pm
I personally don't like Palin.... First of all, I disagree with her Christian fundamentalist views. I'm an agnostic (sorta, I mean, my friends say that I'm an atheist, but then, I go a Lutheran school, so saying that you don't really believe in God pretty much labels you "atheist" xD) Anyways, you've probably heard about the "book banning" incident. And people are saying the she wants to knock polar bears off the planet. (Whatever, as long as they don't touch the pandas! D:< ) Also, she is, in essence, a hockey mom, regardless of resemblance to pit bulls with or without lipstick. My very biased Social Studies teacher, who always emphasizes that we shouldn't let the views of anyone else but ourselves influence us, yet always spouts stuff against the Obama campaign and defends Bush and McCain, doesn't really like Palin, however she said that McCain did not choose Palin himself.
Wow. I don't think that's true. McCain definitely lost voters because of her....'Course, maybe he gained some too.... confused  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:36 pm
I don't know how anyone could possibly think she would make a good vice president. If the president dies, VP will be in charge. Palin didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was, she doesn't know ANYTHING and can only use her family as a basis for her experience in issues... I know she has experience as a major, but in debates and such all she truly cites is her family. I know about Iraq because my son is fighting! I know about abortion because my other son has Down's syndrome and my daughter got pregnant at 17! She, herself, has to credentials. If she were a man, she would be a complete laughing stock. (think George Bush) When you watch her answer to interviews and the such, forget that she's a mom. Forget she's a "she." None of her answers add up to what we need in a vice president.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:49 pm
Milk and Holy Water

Saverio, are you joking? She's not a change. She's the same as any other piece of sh t privileged republican he could have chosen with the same privileged background and the same racist, classist, sexist, oligarchal, entitled set of dogmatic moral beliefs, except she has a menstrual cycle..

You seem to be go god damned focus on her theological ideas and her sweater puppies that you are over looking her record. How many privliged republicans come from small towns? How many start off in the PTA? How many have teachers for parents? How many reduce their own salaries? Oh that's right, you are so blinded by her religion and party that you said "******** the facts" she is defiantly dirty. Because you know, she is a Republican.

Screw facts! Lets just burn her at the steak! WOOOOHH

Edit You can attack her all day for inexperience, but she more executive experience then anyone I saw running. Lets not forget Obama's lack of experience as well. If you use fire I you better damn well be fire proof. No Palin isn't a VP who is going to go on Diplomatic Trips, but she is great for out domestic problems. You know the ones that are more important right now?  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

1exp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:39 pm
saverio c.
No Palin isn't a VP who is going to go on Diplomatic Trips, but she is great for out domestic problems. You know the ones that are more important right now?

She's also great for bible-thumping and sandwich making.
Stay Lovely!
k o u s a g i

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas