Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Got geezer skills? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Sweden of 83

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:40 pm
Do you got any geezer skills? You know activities and interest asociated with old people.

I'm 25 years old and I have lots of them. I love cross-stitching, embrodery, patchwork, crocheting and sewing. I also know how to knit but I don't like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:19 pm
Knitting & cross-stitch for me. We had a thread way back when on Geezer crafts... *digs it out* Here you go:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2731634

You might like to check it out just to see stuff people do / did.

DW  

Warnersister

black_kittie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:37 pm
cross stitch, crochet, and some other things I'm sure I can't remember now >.>.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:41 pm
I only have computer skills. I wish I was good at other things like drawing or doll making.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:24 am
Miss Sweden of 83
Do you got any geezer skills? You know activities and interest asociated with old people.

I'm 25 years old and I have lots of them. I love cross-stitching, embrodery, patchwork, crocheting and sewing. I also know how to knit but I don't like it.

Im 34, I can do Crochet, plastic canvas, woodworking, woodburning, calligraphy (both old english and chinese) and my very favorite..

Baking... used to be a Chef, and thanks to learning all that I know from my Grandparents, I can make some REALLY good money with it! LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:46 am
Hand-baking. Pie crusts, breads, cakes and muffins, biscuits. Main dishes, side dishes, desserts of all types. I do it all, and I do it without a recipe, because recipes are for beginners (so sayeth my grandmother, known as Big Mama, in a half-joking way). I do use recipes, mind you, on things I've never made before and don't have anyone to demonstrate for me. A couple of times getting the recipe perfect, and I start to branch out and make alterations so that it's more tailored to my tastes.

My father-in-law loves it when we come to visit, and loves to spend all day cooking for us. I happen to love cooking, but he'd never even let me into the kitchen. That is, until about two years ago at Chanukah. He was overwhelmed with making a feast for a couple dozen people, and decided to put me in charge of making the simplest but most time-consuming dish, the latkes (potato pancakes). I guess I made them to his satisfaction, because after that, he insisted I should make brunch for the part of the crowd that was staying overnight. Ten omelettes, biscuits, and fruit smoothies later (again, easy but time consuming), he had decided that he should come to town to visit us -- and for once, not try to take us out to a restaurant, but actually eat at our place, which I'd been trying to get him to do for years. I made red snapper amandine, Israeli salad, and a really nice cranberry couscous. He pronounced his verdict: "Oh, Divash cooks with love." From then on, he's looked to me as the family chef.

I'll say that's pretty geezer of me. Apparently love trumps recipe, Rachel Ray, and "Bam."  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:33 am
xd I can hold a conversation for longer than 3 seconds. I can also string together a coherent sentence.

I know how to use an encyclopedia AND a dictionary. I do crosswords and I play a mean game of scrabble.

Do those count as geezer skills!??! wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:42 am
I dont yet but I want to learn to knit and all that stuff, haha well I do back a mean choclate cake with choclate icing  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Mayumi_Yuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:22 am
I can knit and sew. Does being able to use an axe and other such tools count? Because I can do that too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 am
I do enjoy doing the crossword!

I wish I had skills, but I'm sadly lacking... I am thinking of learning to knit. Not really sure what I'm going to knit - I just fancy trying it.  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

elwine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:19 pm
I'm 22. I can cross stitch, knit, sew, bake, and cook. There's probably more, too, that I can't think of at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:33 pm
Well, I used to do cross stitch, but it just made me cross, now I crochet but it makes me crotchety, I knit but get my yarn in a tangle, my patchwork is patchy, but I still love to paint!

Ooh, and I do rustle up some mean soups... it's about all you can eat once your teeth fall out biggrin  

Catira Norr

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:34 pm
Counted cross stitch, crochet, I sew reasonably well, and I raise African violets. At least I don't shove Kleenex up my sleeve.

I also play Guitar Hero competently at Medium level.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm
i crochet been doing it since i was 21 and i cook  

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Sakurada Ichigo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:09 pm
I can shuffleboard and play bingo like I was only 60 years old!
Just kidding. I'm only 23. XD

I used DOS once upon a time, and know how to use Commodore 64, Atari, and Apple II series computers.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff