Musics!
  Photos!
  Something Else!
View Results

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 pm
ATG's Oekaki Thread
For all daily pieces of art

So, I've been thinking. Something fun and amusing, yet probably beneficial. A oekaki thread... yes... it would definitely be something that would keep all artists on their toes about.

The general premise is this. All participating members will be asked to post at least one piece of art in a predefined period made in any which way. It doesn't have to be perfect (it can be, for example, a sketch) but it must be something in which the community can look at. In addition, it must be a thing that is only worked on the day it is posted (as in, do not work on it for more than one day, or reuse something you made a previous day).

People who wish to join just post your first little thing and say when you plan to post a thing. It's not that rigid though so if you forget to do it don't worry. Just strive to follow your schedule, however.

Current Members

• Sentama Lin (Planned Posting Schedule: 1/day)

N.B: This is not limited to pictures (though Pictures are generally what is on an Oekaki board). Any art media form is welcome.

Update: Erius has kindly provided an actual Oekaki board for us. It supports images, MP3s, and Flash files, and also has its own built-in doodler. Give him lots and lots of love of all kinds of connotations.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:30 pm
Resources

If anybody wants to contribute any other resources for anyone to use feel free to post in this thread and it'll be added ASAP.

Visual Media

Audio Media

Others

• I'm thinking...

Sentama Lin

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:33 pm
This is technically Saturday's; I merely didn't upload it early enough. :3

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:45 pm
Question! Is this like...the artist may decide they want to participate today and then not again until ..whenever or is it like...the artist must submit a daily contribution for a set period of time? Like everyday for 5 days? Or...what?  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:47 pm
It would be cool if the artist could commit to a certain schedule. If a post per day is way too many posts then one can make their own schedule.

Just as long as people do post something, and something only worked on in a span of 24 hours or less, and there's a certain regularly, it's good.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:51 am
You know, it's a shame I lack a tablet....
(However, I've discovered that I'm somewhat decent with a mouse and that the annotate feature on Ubuntu is fun to procrastinate with.)  

Celestial Burden

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:04 am
I wish I had a table too, Celes... It would be more nifty than using my DS screen, or trying to find how the hell my scanner is going to work when it doesn't have the right ports...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:14 pm
ATG oekaki board

Anyway...

I talked about it before...in the Phunkeh thread...but people were confused...
anyway...I rented a server to make an ATG imageboard and Oekaki board..and maybe some other things...but it didnt catch on since Ididnt advertise it...or something =P.

Anyway...this board is based on the wakaba imageboard software and the painter used in it is the widely used and famous shii painter.

The board has no registration, but usernames can be used...and by adding a ## followed by a password a tripcode will be generated to identify and secure a users name.

Like Erius!Xer34dsaf or something =P

Feel free to give it a whirl...  

Serious Erius
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:32 pm
Are these your sketches, Erius? :3

*tries the thing out, though fails epically with mouse drawings*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:38 pm
The lolwut thing, yeah...
Anyway...I will install a tool that allows the usage of tablets...or maybe it's already there? Lulz...
I'll have to see...hmhm  

Serious Erius
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:46 pm
At the moment I'm installing Java so I can run the drawamathinger.

Funny thing... I totally forgot that thanks to that whatever case a while ago Microsoft doesn't distribute a Java VM in Windows by default.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:02 pm
Oh yeah...I'll have to link to that...
Working on the updated version by the way..which actually does seem to work perfectly. Hm.

Edit:
Lin:
Save your picture on your harddrive so you can upload it on the new board...if you want that. mrgreen

Board is running and I've updated my first post too.
Link again.  

Serious Erius
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:40 am
Hurhurhur... I are dumbtarded with ze mousies. :3

*made a post in Erius's server* I was trying to make Winnie the Pooh, but couldn't get the colours correct (I'm used to the whole HSV Triangle). So I just filled it with what looks like to me an ugly peach.

Edit: Where did it go? :/  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:10 am
Sentama Lin
Hurhurhur... I are dumbtarded with ze mousies. :3

*made a post in Erius's server* I was trying to make Winnie the Pooh, but couldn't get the colours correct (I'm used to the whole HSV Triangle). So I just filled it with what looks like to me an ugly peach.

Edit: Where did it go? :/

Where did what go? Your Winnie drawing?

Edit:
I found it in the temporary directory...maybe sometghing went wrong with the dialoue that shows up after uploading an image...or you forgot (or didnt know xP) to submit it again.
(The form you see when you visit the board without doing anything is the new thread/uploaded picture/reply form without painting.
When painting a second form pops up afterwards, and that one is used to fill incomments and stuff after the painting is finished.  

Serious Erius
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am
Ah, that is what happened then. Well it's made of poop and fail anyways, so I'll draw something else.

Unless you feel, in your divine powers of said board, that it should be posted. :3  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff