Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I thought college kids were smart... [Where have I been?] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R U SMARTICAL?
  YESH, I ISH SMARTICAL.
  No, I am stupid.
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 pm
Ok, sorry for dissapearing. I feel really bad, and I miss you guys. I knwo that sounds so nerdy, missing your computer friends, but it's true.

BIG HUGZ TO MUNCHIE AND CHURRLO. Thanks for talking to me, and listening to my every complaint. Love ya. heart Ya'll will be getting a very speshul X-mas card this year I think.

Back to the topic at hand, I THOUGHT COLLEGE KIDS WERE SMART.
lol, don't get me wrong, plenty of people are, but this is funny!

[I apologize in advance for my lack of automotive knowledge]
So my dad is an Automotive Technology instructor at a local college. He was doing a lesson, and he saw just how bright his students were. They were measuring some kind of current with some kind of meter thingy. It has those 2 little needle-looking things, the things you stick to the metal, right? Well, here is the conversation.
[BTW, these kids are about 20 years old...not really kids to me I guess. ^_^;]

Dad: Ok class, today we're going to be doing [fill in the blank] Please remember, that you cannot touch the meter with your skin, or it will affect the current flow, and mess up your measurements. I'll come around and check how everybody's doing, and then we'll discuss it. You can find your lab on page [fill in the blank].

Dad watches people from a distance for a second, and is pleased to see everyone is hard at work. He sees one guy really intent on his meter. Wait a second...
The guy has both the needle-things stuck to his forehead, and is trying to read the meter.

Dad: [Random Name] do you have the answer?
Student: (looks around) Uh...no.
Dad: Well you know what we're doing, right?
Student: Uh...no.
Dad: Well, maybe you would if you stopped trying to measure your brain waves and actually got to work.

It is really funnier when you hear it in real life, I swear. xd Anyway, I also got a kick out of my dad acting out what the person did.

Just thought that was FG4PGs worthy, since I've neglected you all. Feel free to PM me! I'm always willing to talk.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:20 pm
Who are you again?
xd
Just kidding. Hi there.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:32 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Who are you again?
xd
Just kidding. Hi there.
I expected you to say that xP  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:46 pm
Hello again Midori. :]

And cute story. whee  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:10 am
lol i wanna measure my brain waves! xd welcome back  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:41 pm
Lame story is lame D:

Besides, just because someone goes to "college" doesn't make them anymore mature.

I HAVE ONLY LOVE FOR YOU MIDORI, A DEEP LOATHING LOVE ONLY COUSINS CAN HAVE.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am
Anais! (finally get to call you that)

biggrin Big hugs to you and yay Christmas cards, it would be my first one, too. *happy-dance*

XD College kids like me! jk
I also have some curious stories so I'll share one here. smile
The drama class professor told us how he gets many peculiar excuses from his students. One girl once brought him a note as an excuse for failing to come the day before and when he saw it, it was a note for a prostate examination. o_o He then said: "NOTE TO EVERYONE HERE, GIRLS DON'T DO PROSTATE EXAMS, THAT IS ALL!"

XD I wish I had been there when he told that story.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:57 pm
LOL that is fail xd Idiot haha... wow. And college kids aren't that smart D: My classmates can't even do simple math gonk

<3 you too btw :3  

churrlo

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:38 pm
@ Blue: I don't know who I am. xd Hi.

@ april: Hi. heart

@ Icon: I think you might have 1 brain wave. xd

@ Acey: OH I LOATHINGLY LOVE YOU TOO ACEY.

@ Cheesy: LOL. rofl What a genius.

@ churrlo: It is such a shame who they let into good colleges these days...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:49 pm
I know ;_; What has this world come to sad  

churrlo

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:45 pm
Midori Hayashi
@ Blue: I don't know who I am. xd Hi.

@ april: Hi. heart

@ Icon: I think you might have 1 brain wave. xd

@ Acey: OH I LOATHINGLY LOVE YOU TOO ACEY.

@ Cheesy: LOL. rofl What a genius.

@ churrlo: It is such a shame who they let into good colleges these days...

at least i put my one to good use xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:07 am
To be fair that's the kind of thing I'd do in class, not because I thought it was the right thing, just because of boredom. xd  

RaidenKazama

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:28 pm
churrlo
I know ;_; What has this world come to sad
This world has come to alot of unpleasant things... i am very sorry Churrlo x3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 am
RaidenKazama
To be fair that's the kind of thing I'd do in class, not because I thought it was the right thing, just because of boredom. xd

i would want to do it just to see if anything happened xd and because it would amuse me  

Iconised Ghost

Funtak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 am
Cant say I've ever seen anyone do that in my Auto Electronics class lol. Just a quick tip to anyone working with automotive lightbulbs, they get hot as hell. I've been burned a few times before I realized to flip the damn switch when I'm not at my table so I don't come back to a bulb that can cook an egg.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff