Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Happy Thanksgiving! <333 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is better?
  Pumpkin pie <3
  Apple pie
  Cheesecake
View Results

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:27 am
So I was wondering, what are everyone's plans for today? <333

We're having a ton of people over >.< Most of whom I don't like very much lol xd

Last year my cousin and his underage (he's 19 she's 14.. with HUGE tits xD) girlfriend came two hours late, and we teased him mercilessly about all the hickeys on his neck xd
But usually there isn't much drama.. just lots of cooking for a meal that my grandparents complain about >.<

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:46 am
Happy Thanksgiving, chia and everyone.

I just ate and it was heaven. My best friend's coming over soon and we're just gonna goof off until it's really late. Watch movies and mess around with my mom's laptop. He wants to add things to it.

XD This Thanksgiving there won't be any moochers though, the ones that just come for the food and then we don't see them until next Thanksgiving.
^_^ Just my good friend.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:41 am
Thats cool ^^

All my friend is doing is watching the Rocky Horror Picture show, some channel is playing it all day. She's on her third time watching it xD
Her family has Thanksgiving dinner the day after, because her sister's always spend actual thanksgiving with her step dad.

Is it popular to have thanksgiving dinner -not- on thanksgiving? xd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:44 am
It's Thanksgiving?!

I don't get that here in the UK.... just another day of the week for me. emo  

Diablos_life_stealer

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:52 am
same in NZ. But happy thanks giving to everyone who celebrates it whee  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:02 pm
Likewise as Dia and Icon...
But Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who does.

Already said it to you though, chia. xD

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:18 pm
well, I made cheesecake tarts already, the turkey is in the oven, crescent rolls and potatos come later as do yams etc. We have cut vegetables with this home dip we make and that's out already for snacking on.

WE're just having a quiet thing this year, my sister and her kids etc are going to her in-law's house which is really nice actually because as much as I love them, they make it all hectic.

We just finished watching the parade and now CSI NY is on. Later I'm gonna convince my dad to watch either "Newsies", "Robin Hood" or "Stand By Me" with me. :] Favorites.

I'm currently working on making various jewelry items for people for Christmas and I'm getting close to starting work on Christmas-present hair clips that I'm going to make as well :] They should turn out beautifully :]

Normally, before we moved out of our apartment complex, I'd be at my friend's house with her mother probably helping her make the cheesecakes my mother and I always make or helping with crepes. :] She makes crepes on thanksgiving and Christmas all day long. Breakfast and dinner crepes and that's all they eat. I eat them too of course xD :] tasteh <3

cheesecakes:
User Image

User Image

wire necklace:
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 pm
Oh, how beautiful TSN! <3333

We're cooking alot of stuff.. I made a cheese cake and a pumpkin pie, I just put another in the oven right now. We're grilling as well as cooking turkey.
We have all the usual, homemade cranberry sauce, mash potatoes, gravy, turkey, stuffing, we made brussel sprouts with diced granny smith apple and bacon in them.
I think someone else is bringing rolls. And we're having a big salad as well. And snacks and chips and dip. Everyone is eating that right now xd

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:15 pm
you took pictures of your cheesecake? how bored were you today?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:00 pm
I like Thanksgiving when it's just my parents and sibblings - nobody else. My half brother and his kids (one is older than me, two are close to my age, and the youngest is 10) came over, so it was kind of odd for me because I don't really know what to say around them. Plus, I was in the middle of doing my Latin homework and I'm not in the highest of spirits because my ex is being snotty. SO - I'm trying to have a happy Thanksgiving. xd

And I hope everyone else has had a much funner one than mine! heart

Oh, the food was really good though so that's a big bonus.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Tsukete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:35 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I got up at 3 am, got dressed, drove half an hour to Brandon's parents. Made stuffing, helped with the turkey, beat the crap out of potatoes D: <, made cherry pie, since no one else in that family eats fruit pie except his cousin and me. Bastards.......... spent an hour setting up tables and tableware. took a nap. got back up and played Phase 10 with his little sisters. Who beat my a** horribly in that game. Ate the turkey lunch. napped again. Cleaned up. Somewhere around here is the parade. Somewhere around here is getting the christmas decorations. Another nap. Mariokart. Rockband. SSBB. Home.

oh yeah. PIE. LOTS OF IT. DEAR SWEET JESUS.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
{My City!}

Dana Pixie Stix

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:47 pm
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and all that. I'm about to give a big word vomit, the short version being I had a pretty good Thanksgiving other than being kicked out of my friend's house and a wild goose-chase for a VCR.

I went to my sister's new house and we had Thanksgiving there, just her, her kids, her boyfriend, her boyfriend's dad, our mom, my other sister, my boyfriend, and me. And later my dad showed up, because he was supposed to go downstate with my step-mom for Thanksgiving with her sister but decided not to.

After we had dinner we played Guitar Hero for a while, then I went to Family Video with my little sister and boyfriend and we rented Wall-E, Pulse 2, The Strangers, and A Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. We visited my best friend at her grandmother's house where her family was visiting for Thanksgiving. We wanted to watch some of the movies but there was no DVD player in Ashley's room, and the PS2 was missing an input cable. So we went to Ashley's old house (her family moved downstate, but she stayed up here) to find a VCR with input cables that they said was in the storage room. It wasn't there so we came back (my sister and I; Ashley stayed behind because she's under house arrest).

Apparently there was a DVD player in the living room but Ashley's crazy grandma didn't want us moving it because the last time she used it, she hooked it back up and it caused some kind of static on the television or something. So then I drove down the road to Ashley's aunt's house to borrow their VCR. And then when we finally figured out how to get everything set up right, we watched Pulse 2. It was getting late so we asked Ashley if we could stay overnight, and she asked her aunt, who was fine with it, as well as everyone else there except for her grandmother, who said because Leann (Ashley's younger sister) was staying overnight, we would have to leave after they were done playing Yahtzee. Even though Ashley's cousin Brandi wasn't even going to be there that night because she was staying at a hotel with her boyfriend who was visiting from Chicago, and Brandi and Ashley normally share that room. So as far as people in the house it was the same amount of people as normal.

I think she was just being cranky and irrational because she got up at 4 in the morning to start making food, and Brandi was supposed to help her but was irresponsible and stayed out until 4 am. So Ashley got up to help her grandma but she said not to bother, so I personally don't think it's fair that she's taking her tiredness out on Ashley. But whatever, her house her rules, even if they don't make any sense. That's the second time I went over there to visit Ashley and both times I've been shooed out for silly reasons; if she doesn't want us to be there she should just say that instead of saying "normally you could stay but today's a special case" each time. XD We had to leave in the middle of The Strangers, which we re-watched when we got back to my house. I wish she would have told us we couldn't stay earlier because the sky started taking a dump on us as we were leaving and we had to drive home in a storm. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:12 pm
My family doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving . We "give thanks" every day by saying elhamdu-lilla every time something good happens biggrin and have family gatherings whenever its convenient.

I do live in America though, and the Macy's Day Parade is fun to watch. and I think its wonderful that a special day was made to remember all the wonderful things in life cuz sometimes people forget with everything that keeps them busy. soooo yeah mrgreen

Hope You Had A HAPPY THANKGIVING!!!!

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Tsukete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:21 am
Secret Angel 3
and I think its wonderful that a special day was made to remember all the wonderful things in life cuz sometimes people forget with everything that keeps them busy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff