Which sex is more self-centered, and vain? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

not a templar

King Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:55 am
This has kinda been on my mind for some time now. Which gender (chick, guys) do you think sees more in themselves? Poses in the mirror more? Thinks higher or themselves? Please give reasoning. I would like to see what you gaians think!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 am
Both. There's people of both sexes that think too highly of themselves, and that think not enough of themselves. Then again if you ask me, almost everyone's self centered these days...  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:29 am
Forgive anything that I say that may be off.

I think all genders have a sense of vanity. However, I feel that females are more visibly vain while males are more inwardly. Media does put a certain tinge of how women should look and -- as much as one says they're not influenced by it -- some people do really really care about how they physically look.

Likewise males, though not how they physically look, care about their performance and feelings. To show some feeling of empathy, sadness, or pain would be a blow to their metaphorical balls and somehow make them look weak. Hence, the competition, the "size" comparing, and other things.

Of course, I might just be crazy. Long story short, everyone has some vanity. Some vanity is alright, but there are some that obsess over the things that are... well... vain and pointless.

Edit: Thank G_d that the OP clarified what they meant by sex. I was about to go... like... "The kind that only lasts less than five minutes and only one person ends up orgasming." That's pretty vain, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:41 am
Vanity isn't a genetic trait.  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:26 pm
Not the point. It can be exacerbated by outer stimuli.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:36 pm
Sentama Lin
Edit: Thank G_d that the OP clarified what they meant by sex. I was about to go... like... "The kind that only lasts less than five minutes and only one person ends up orgasming." That's pretty vain, right?

Exactly what I was thinking xd Becasue I would have something t osay about that... neutral  

Surazal Dloc

not a templar

King Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 pm
I think both have a thing for being self-centered XD. Iit's simply because we're all huamn. Proof is where ever we look, we can make a human face out of something. Voila.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Vanity is a matter of the individual, not the gender.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Are you so certain, Kyla? :3

Anyway, my vote goes out to the hermaphrodites. Just because they have both reproductive organs doesn't mean they have to boast about it all the time.

Sheesh. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:27 pm
3nodding Because there are men who are more vain than some women, and women who are more vain than some men. Also, since measuring vanity would really come down to opinion, I dunno how you'd fairly measure it. So honestly I believe it's dependant on the individual and not the gender.

Also xd Excellent response Jaft  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:38 pm
Syankuu, Kyla-chan. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 pm
Sentama Lin
Kals is questing again!

Oh good, I was going to come in here and crack that exact joke if no one had said it yet...

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:42 pm
Both sexes are pretty vain if you ask me. I've seen some arrogant and vain males and females.... and I want to slap them both  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:31 am
*digs thread from page bottom, dusts, and rights*

Sanzo is right. Both sexes have their own unique group of vain idiots who just need a good smacking. The bad kind 3nodding .

I try to show no bias for one gender over another, and thankfully this question makes it easy to group males and females together. I've seen a lot of vain asses out there.

I'm obviously one of them because, let's face it, who DOESN'T want this? cool

User Image  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Omochii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:11 pm
xd Everytime I look at that photo, Pisces, "I'm too sexy for my shirt" starts playing in my head.

But yes. :3 On topic, I also believe both sexes can be as bad as each other.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff