Reply RP/Game
[RP/OPEN] Cyberpunk Sandbox Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:29 am
Alright... I'm going to go for simple on this one. There are two worlds each player character can choose to play in: the Real World and the Internet.

The Real World

The real world, managed by the United Federation of Earth, seems very Utopian on the surface. After a horrid third world war and much negotiations and smaller quarrels, the world has finally liquidated into one major Federal government -- the countries of before now the states. The government provides everything for their citizens: food, water, health care, housing, careers, and information about world matters. Thanks to the control and services of the government, the world has made leaps and bounds to equally provide and share all benefits of the world with each of their citizens.

Or is everything equal? On occasion, some citizens protest against some government claims, only to be oddly quieted slowly until the protests become nonexistent. Some of these groups protested and pleaded against the government's policies on the serving and distribution of information and, recently, the "human" rights of newly-created Biological Androids called Newtypes (though they are programmed for specific purposes their biological hardware does allow some semblance of human emotive response and close-to-human thinking and reasoning, in order for humans to better interface with the machines), The violence may be non-existent, but perhaps the violence and fighting have merely become more subtle and silent?

The Internet

The Internet of this world has much evolved. Though the traditional Computer-Terminal interface is still available -- where users may log in using a web browser and access services and information in that fashion -- the most popular ways of utilising the Internet nowadays are through virtual-reality visors and gamepads. Through these devices users can access information in intuitive and more-realistic types of ways (i.e. Government-Controlled Blogs and Newspapers can be obtained by getting ePapers off a News Rack, Virtual Cities existing to provide all types of services). Each user has a unique human-like avatar that, on normal occasions, resemble what the user looks like in the real world. These avatars can utilise the services found on the Internet and can even be used to access various online games and activities to play with other users.

However, the Internet of this world is just as hard to control as the Internet of our world. Many underground blogs, newspapers, and "cities" exist in the Internet. Some avatars have been modified illegally to either add ways to break protection-protocol barriers, grant special attacks (like one would have in games), or even maliciously attack other users (no actual deaths or injuries have ever been reported to the citizens about attacks on the Internet). Because of how hard it is to control the Internet, many newtypes and humans work with the government as Internet Police. These individuals have been given special permissions and abilities in order to enforce the government's will onto the Information Superhighway.

Character Creation

I don't need anything big; just a name and description. You can start playing right away. There are two races you can pick from, however: Human (obvious) and Newtype (essentially an Artificial Humanlike Android -- explained above). You can be a normal citizen, a government worker, government police (of the real world or the Internet), or perhaps hacker; let your imagination soar as long as it makes sense in the feel of the world (there is no magick at all; only technology and science -- though abilities could look like magick on the Internet).

As for the world, the real world is technologically advanced, clean-looking, and very peaceful on the outside view. The most common weapons are metal or beam swords and beam projectiles. In the Internet, it's essentially in one's imagination, though for a normal law-abiding citizen it's essentially a virtual Real World.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:33 am
Current Characters

Officer Lucas Jerel Savato
Played By: Sentama Lin

Officer Savato is a government police officer whose main jurisdiction is the patrol and prevention of Internet crimes. While he mostly hangs out in the virtual space of the Internet, he will, on occasion, work in the Real World to extract dangerous citizens who disobey the laws of the government. In the real world he fights with a Taser-Baton and a Glock Pistol. His Internet Persona is essentially the same but he has been granted access to government protected areas and has been given abilities to detain and disable avatars.

His personality is a bit scruff and rough, and he has a strong sense of government justice -- even to a fault. He is a six-foot-tall man who normally wears a navy-coloured police uniform.

Knight Deepwater
Played By: blackcat51

Knight is a young girl hacker of 5'9" height who works for the United Federation of Earth's offices. But, in reality, she is a spy for one of the underground Internet Cities.

Eric "Chaos" Smith
Played By: 0-0Roland Deschain0-0

Eric does not carry weapons in the real world, he simply has his holographic eye piece that serves as a computer. He wears black fingerless gloves that have sensors built into the hem on the fingers, registering certain movements as keyboard strokes when active. In the internet, he carries dual wrist blades.

Chaos is an avatar modifier, he charges people to alter their internet avatar (for a fee of course.) Whenever he is not "working" he plays internet games, with his advantages of course.

Kind of skinny and tall, he is an extremely fast runner. He acts somewhat eccentric, and always seems to have a smile on his face.  

Sentama Lin

Rhincodon Typus

Cluttered Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:26 pm
i wont to rp to if thats ok!
my character will be a Newtype hacker!
My name will be Knight Deepwater

Knight is a young girl who works at government office as a sectary but is a spy for an under Internet city.
Knight is about 5'9
I dont no what to put other then that hehe  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:30 pm
Hrm, this looks like an interesting RP Lin. I will edit this post once I create my RPC.

EDIT: Here we are!

Name: Eric Smith (Usually known as Chaos, especially on the web)
Race: Human
Weapon: Eric does not carry weapons in the real world, he simply has his holographic eye piece that serves as a computer. He wears black fingerless gloves that have sensors built into the hem on the fingers, registering certain movements as keyboard strokes when active. In the internet, he carries dual wristblades.
Story: Chaos is an avatar modifier, he charges people to alter their internet avatar (for a fee of course.) Whenever he is not "working" he plays internet games, with his advantages of course.
Appearance: Kind of skinny and tall, he is an extremely fast runner. He acts somewhat eccentric, and always seems to have a smile on his face.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chilly-VEXEN-Academic

2,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:22 am
User Image
I want to live to tell the tale I want to wake up before my ship sets sail

Hopefully this stays kinda frozen until I can create my character.
It's really early sooo I kinda don't have the time for it. >_>
Cause I have school...lord have mercy.

Name: Kirie Uobassa
Race: Human (hacker)
Typically looks like a boy, but indeed is a female.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime punk/cjlandry97/50493940-Anime_RPCS_1.jpg

Internet Rebirth:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/lilpplkillppl_666/NOMADS_Cyberpunk_2.jpg

Kirie abides by the laws outside of her favorite world, the internet. Addicted since the virtual world became more adaptable, she's the owner of many underground blogs and her avatar in the worlds is decked out in all the things she recreated from the real world to here. Her ability to hack without leaving a paper trail makes her next to untraceable.

She's only 16, 4'10", she rubs society a little raw with her intricate and outlandish outfits, but doesn't make it known to anyone online, or offline who she really is. Preferring to stay out of trouble, but still continue to deeply delve into the system and reap her havoc. Though, occasionally "helping" the government by reporting hassle-some delinquents liable to destroy her well planned out attack on the government.

Don't want to try to be anyone else I just want to try to find myself

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 am
(Right now there's really no form or story yet. I'm hoping that others will help create the world per-se with their characters. The main premise is that it's a False Utopian Real World, where the normal populace follow the government comfortably because everything is so controlled -- not that underground communities and rebel groups exist. The Internet world has the same Utopian facade but it's harder to manage the spread of information, as much as the Government tries to hide anything they don't want the populace to see.

That said, I'm glad that there is still some interest in this; I wanted to play around. When people are ready just feel free to post whatever you want to be doing.)

Another day, another credit. At least that's what Officer Savato thought to himself as he scanned himself into work. It is nice, however, that he can sign in wherever he wants. Today's case, he signed in from a small cafe in New York's Central Park. He nodded to the server, handed him his Credit Card (all currency now is digital), and asked for a small espresso and a scone. When the server left to get his order, he opened his laptop, plugged a cord into his wrist, plugged the other end into the laptop, and turned the laptop on.

"Welcome Officer Savato. You have no current missions from your superiors, and there are no threats reported by AIPolice Units." The laptop said by transmitting the data through the cable -- as if feeding all kinds of input to Savato's body directly. He sighed, then smiled, knowing that things are still safe and sound.  

Sentama Lin

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:18 pm
Chaos leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head. He was in a pretty good mood, he had just finished another job. This particular one, he gave his client some "special moves" in a popular online game. Now, he was just waiting for his payment. His credit card, which of course he had modified himself, was sitting on the desk. Retrieving it, he frowned. The all digital currency system made receiving payments in his line of work somewhat difficult, but he had a way around it. Opening up a program on his computer, he set up the path that the money was supposed to take. In all, the payment went to 13 different locations before being deposited on his card. That way, it was much more difficult to track.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:23 pm
As Savato idly drank his beverage, a small information bubble came up on his screen signifying a credit transfer between accounts. Generally he would've ignored it; as unnecessary as it was he often gets notices about all transfers that go through. However, this was a bit odd, as transfers for the same amount began to move from that account to the next and to the next. He smirked a bit and pressed a few keys on the keyboard, signalling some AIPolice to send automated emails to the 13 different accounts, including its end destination:

Greetings, Law-Abiding UFE Citizen:

In an effort to ensure harmonious and legal transfers of the money you have earned, we are requesting your cooperation. We will be requesting current logs of all transfers. Feel free to send a message to us with your questions and concerns.

Thank You

He laughed as he read the message, for he knew that they could just get the records even if they didn't want it or not. After all, the government controls all.  

Sentama Lin

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:46 pm
As Chaos was shutting down all the programs on his desktop computer, his holographic eyepiece suddenly turned on, alerting him to an e-mail he has just received. He opened the e-mail and read the following:

Greetings, Law-Abiding UFE Citizen:

In an effort to ensure harmonious and legal transfers of the money you have earned, we are requesting your cooperation. We will be requesting current logs of all transfers. Feel free to send a message to us with your questions and concerns.

Thank You

Smirking, Chaos thinks aloud "Heh, good luck. encrypted accounts and an untraceable card. Man, I think that sometimes I'm just TOO good." He walks out the front door and closes it, then locks it with the keycard that goes to this particular apartment. He then walks a few blocks to a local coffee shop and purchased a doughnut and a soda. Walking back out the door, he sees a cop sitting at one of the booths and waves, then exits the cafe to go do some grocery shopping.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 pm
Savato paid particular attention to the man's eyepiece, then nodded in return before continuing his work. He sighed as the transfer logs for each account. Sure enough, the accounts linked to each other in quite odd ways, but it ended at a very strange part. It has been a while before all banks liquidated with the state, but the place where this money was stored was not part of the system. Furthermore it was enciphered and any attempt to request information by normal means merely gave a garbled mess. He sighed, half in frustration, and half in amusement. He usually meddles with quite a few Internet crimes, but it's been a while since he found something interesting.

After a few strokes on his keyboard, the contact lenses he wore began to show a computer-rendered virtual city. Some more keystrokes brought him to the area where the enciphered account was stored. He really couldn't do anything to touch it without trying to hack it open, but, as was standard procedure, he tried the easiest thing first: try to simply open the door and enter the area.  

Sentama Lin

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 pm
At the grocery store, Chaos purchases a few things he needs. Food, toiletries, ect. He hands the cashier his card and smiles, and he chats with the female cashier for a bit. Then he leaves and heads back to his apartment. He puts his newly bought items away, then leaves and goes to the public library. He looks around, selects a book, and goes to sit to the back to read. He surfs the net while he does so, double checking the settings on his credit card: locked, just as he thought. All of the personal information, such as his name, address, and anything else that can lead to him is under five miles of encryption and false leads. The e-mail he received has got him thinking. He needs to set up a new, better system of payment transfer. He briefly considers going straight, but he squashes that though before long. There are not any jobs that relate to his superb skills, at least none that he was aware of. Still, he feels as if he has gotten a bit too cocky.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm
After quite some time, Savato found trying to access Chaos's data through normally defined ways was a fruitless endeavour. The data was quite secure and, as any good hacker would do, protected from the average tools of most Internet Police. He was not a regular IP unit, however. With a smirk he snapped his fingers, causing a floating keyboard to appear in front of his avatar, while a large glowing seven-pointed star design appeared in front of the keyboard. He cracked his virtual knuckles and began typing.

Any observer (there were really none that he could see) would think that he was attacking the enciphered wall that blocked him with a strange cannon-like device. In fact, beams of light seemed to project from the star, barraging the wall. As each beam hit, pieces of the wall began to crumble and disintegrate. Savato sighed. It wasn't the stealthiest way to access the data, but it was the quickest way. He just had to make sure that he can destroy all of the wall before the owner noticed...  

Sentama Lin

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:44 pm
As Chaos was reading his book/ surfing the web, his eyepiece went CRAZY with alerts. Opening one of them up, he could literally SEE the encryptions on his card dissapearing. Frowning, he opened up the virtual city portion of the internet and saw someone with a cannon, blasting his wall of precations. Instantly withdrawing from the virtual city, he begins adding more encryptions, even though he knows they won't last long. "Crud," He thinks. I need to get to my desktop computer, FAST." Leaving the book at the table, he sprints out of the library, leaving a shouting librarian in his wake. He takes as many backroads as he can, sprinting the whole way. He had to get home fast and defend his card.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 pm
"Uo's back" cried out the other members of her blogging party as she entered their virtual conference center. Her character moved swiftly, holding virtu-papers, something she'd designed herself (something like new letters) to pass out to the other members.

"We've got less than twenty-four hours before we destroy to next blog." She mentioned as she passed papers out to each member. "Remember to destroy these tonight, leave no trace. I will NOT let anyone's avatar stay standing if they get anyone busted with this, virtu-paper." She hissed through her headset.

Living on her own at 16 made secrecy much easier, she made good money doing odds and ends for the government in the online world, but only if it benefited her. No one online know who she really was, and offline she was a highly renowned law abiding citizen. No need for alarm, even if she did run one of the internet world's largest underground encrypted blog and half of a largely corrupt underground city. (She'd be taking over the rest, home by home.)

"These are the plans for the next spread. I will be overseeing this, but you all will be branching out. DO NOT, slip up. You will be exterminated." She reprimanded. "I cannot stay to explain this though. I have an important source to attend." And with that, the meeting was adjourned, and the virtual meeting room was disbanded into encrypted small files across millions of spaces in the virtual and real world.

Being a partial secret agent for the government, she'd rigged up another virtual world through an outdated model CPU, she'd been notified by an AI about transfers. She didn't feel like doing anything, but she was tempted to watch and see how things were being handled. So she entered in standing next to Savato and saw the workings, an encrypted bank account. She'd seen it before, but this one was fighting back. This might be someone she could use for future underground attacks. Her character stayed standing, watching Savato break down each new wall as the popped up.  

Chilly-VEXEN-Academic

2,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:05 pm
Chaos raced up the back steps to his apartment, and opened the front door. Firing up his computer, he sat down and immediately hit the virtual city portion of the internet. His avatar materialized inside of his wall, which was like a one way mirror. He could see outside, but they couldn't see him. THEY. He was surprised to see a second person standing there. "Hrm," He thought aloud. "This isn't good." Chaos started typing furiously on his keyboard, setting up a few more encryptions. His main focus, however, was on a few other elements. He set up a couple firewalls, and set the defenses up to encompass more area overtime (therefore making it expand in the virtual city) He then added a few anti theft defenses to it, and the wall instantly sprouted huge spikes. Leaning back in his chair, he waited to see what the assailants reaction would be.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff