Reply Community Lounge
If you could know any piece of information Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

palnoki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 pm
I have a good one for everyone, I always had a fascination with ufo's and seeing all the evidence around them and stories it got me to thinking. If I could know on epiece of information I would want ot know the truth behind aliens and ufo's. The possible discovery of another sentient life form would just be life shattering with all the possibilities to share and learn together. I guess my information would be something big, but who knows maybe people want ot know the little secrets in life too. What is everyone dying to know  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:59 pm
I saw a spaceship once, but I don't know whether it was real or not. I was seven and saw red lights going in this weird pattern up in the sky. I think it was aliens...I think theyre real.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

palnoki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:06 pm
Blu_the_werecat
I saw a spaceship once, but I don't know whether it was real or not. I was seven and saw red lights going in this weird pattern up in the sky. I think it was aliens...I think theyre real.

Oh yes i agree, between radar backed pilot evidence, news reports with reporters filming non human craft, actualy samples recovered from famous crashes as well as countless other pieces of hard facts, it all adds up to some damn good proof aliens are among us  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:07 pm
That would be really interesting to know Pal, I personally believe that aliens DO exist I just don't think any have wasted there time by coming to this planet... actually I'm not entirely convinced they are that far advanced from us but hey who knows. Either way, waste of time for them to come here if you ask me especially to "anally probe some hick out in the middle of nowhere"

With that said, I would LOVE to know what makes people tick... well basically all that psychology is trying to find out except without the little holes left in psychology. I just want to be able to help people as best as I can and I think learning how things work and what makes people do what they do will only help me along the way.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:09 pm
Actually ,Sanzo, our planet is relatively young. It's only about 2.5million years or so. I think... anyway, planets like Jupiter are a whole lot older. Io might have life, and it's alot older than Earth.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:10 pm
Sanzoskitsune
That would be really interesting to know Pal, I personally believe that aliens DO exist I just don't think any have wasted there time by coming to this planet... actually I'm not entirely convinced they are that far advanced from us but hey who knows. Either way, waste of time for them to come here if you ask me especially to "anally probe some hick out in the middle of nowhere"
With that said, I would LOVE to know what makes people tick... well basically all that psychology is trying to find out except without the little holes left in psychology. I just want to be able to help people as best as I can and I think learning how things work and what makes people do what they do will only help me along the way.

HEY!  

Red Glacier

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:11 pm
It is foolish and conceited to believe we are the only species that attained sentience from the primordial goo that spawned the universe. Similarly, the belief in some form of God is not incorrect, as there must be something that generated the particles that formed that goo.
If it were me, I would perhaps wish to know... the Truth. I may not be able to understand it, nor may I be able to even conceive of it and remain sane, but I still wish to know.
It can be said, I suppose, that this desire for knowledge it what drives us from our hypothetical Edens.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:15 pm
I know that our planet is relatively young, I also know that it is the only planet in our solar system that sustains life at this point and time. I doubt there are any more life forms in THIS solar system, they probably live in other solar systems. I doubt that they are so far advanced that they know how to travel faster than light, but I COULD be wrong which is why I said who knows.

That being said, Io is not a good example of somewhere in our solar system having life, since even if it is older, which I'm not sure about that I'd need to do research, the only life it could support is bacteria sized life.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 pm
Viral: You're a lovable hick out in the middle of nowhere. Aliens get lonely... xd

Re: Erv's post: .........*is sudden reminded of one of the latter books in the trilogy-in-five-parts of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where a man is asked to speak "The Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but The Truth" and so he went totally bonkers and started telling The Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but The Truth... all of it... everything.....*

I want to know everything, pretty much. Whatever tickles my fancy at any moment, I want to learn all about it...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:21 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
Viral: You're a lovable hick out in the middle of nowhere. Aliens get lonely... xd

Re: Erv's post: .........*is sudden reminded of one of the latter books in the trilogy-in-five-parts of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where a man is asked to speak "The Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but The Truth" and so he went totally bonkers and started telling The Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but The Truth... all of it... everything.....*

I want to know everything, pretty much. Whatever tickles my fancy at any moment, I want to learn all about it...

I know you do. its just this time the tables are turned >:3  

Red Glacier

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:23 pm
Erverain
It is foolish and conceited to believe we are the only species that attained sentience from the primordial goo that spawned the universe. Similarly, the belief in some form of God is not incorrect, as there must be something that generated the particles that formed that goo.
If it were me, I would perhaps wish to know... the Truth. I may not be able to understand it, nor may I be able to even conceive of it and remain sane, but I still wish to know.
It can be said, I suppose, that this desire for knowledge it what drives us from our hypothetical Edens.

Nice one, Erv. And that's what I think, too. Have oyu ever read THe Big Bang Never Happened, by Eric J. Lerner? He's good, though some of his points I don't agree with all the way.

Sanzo- they might not be carbon based. Think about it. Calcium based creatures are also possible. And, it could be a race from outside our solar system.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 pm
No, I haven't, Blu. However, I am a philosophy major, so that may have something to do with it...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:26 pm
There is no proof of aliens, all the "proof" is circumstantial at best. Why waste a gift to know one fact on such a useless tidbit of information anyway. It is statistically improbable (not impossible) for their to be other sentient being in the universe. The safest assumption is that they are the same as us. I don't see why everyone assumes that the aliens would be better then us. They must find humans weak and stupid, and that self loathing, or rather ignorance to our greatness is disgusting!

There are so many better things to know! How to create a perpetual energy machine, how shut off human aging, what created the universe, or if there is a god!

I would want to know how to put human minds into robotics. Organic bodies die, and are weak. Mechanical bodies are the next step in our evolution.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:28 pm
I didn't say they had to be carbon-based, I said they wouldn't be in THIS solar system. I'm pretty sure there are sentient life forms out there, I'm also 100% certain they are outside our solar system. I JUST said that, please read exactly what I write before responding.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:39 pm
Sanzo, I read what you said. I was saying, think about it. what if the ATG guild came up with proof by itself that calcium or any other carbon-related element could be the basis for another species? Io's got methane rivers, there could very well be calcium based life forms there, since as far as I know there aren't any bad reactions between Calcium and methane...I think. Any way, just think about it. The way I am, if you get my drift. We'vee got lots of smart people here, we can figure it out.

Erv- Philosophy? Awesome. I was inmy schools philosophy club last year, and it was cool. But you should definatly read that book. If you know nothing about the subject, it could be hard to understand, but i think you'll manage. mrgreen  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff