Reply Community Lounge
So do you think its true.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Superstitions are...
  totally true! Every last one of them.
  a bunch of BS, not one of them is true in the least.
  great with some cookies and milk (pollwhore)
View Results

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:39 pm
So in my life I've heard "bad things come in three's" and all those superstitions and well.. I usually don't pay attention to them but well... Recently three of my uncles ended up in the hospital with different things, one of them recently passing away (no need to talk about it, I'm dealing and that's not what this topic is about) They all ended up in the hospital one right after the other which was kind of creepy to me and made me think of that saying. So it got me wondering, is there ever any time in your life where superstitions have proven to be true? Do you believe in superstitions? If so which ones? TELL ME ATG! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:40 pm
Superstitions are just that. By believing in them, we give them power. It's along the lines of a self-fulfilling prophecy, I suppose, though coincidence can play a large role in the determination of the amount of belief one places in them.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 am
sometimes i'll un-cross my friends' utensils at dinner. sweatdrop bugs me. that's why i try not to look at their plates often.

i was once told that if the knife and fork cross it's bad luck, but spoon and knife is good luck. don't know how true it is, but karmic irony DOES have a tendancy to surface sometimes.. xd
*is partially superstitious*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:04 pm
The only superstition I'm really adamant about is the whole lift-your-feet-up-over-railroad-tracks thing, if that's even a superstition. I don't know, but I don't feel right if I don't put my feet up.  

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:25 pm
What about stupidstitions now?

@Moofy — A crossed knife and fork is a way of indicating that the food tasted bad. On the other hand, when dining out you can cross your fork and knife over your plate to indicate that you are still working on the food even if you are away from the table. Warding off an overzealous sever, if you will.

@Sp i i f — Are you mayako? I'm not aware of that superstition...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:28 pm
Ah, feet up over the railroad tracks. I do that too, along with holding your breath when you pass a graveyard. I'm actually a really superstitious person.. Things like watching clouds crossing a full moon brings bad like, all of that.  

Anise_is_my_replica

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:29 pm
Si, si, I changed my name.
I should probably put "Formerly known as `Mayako`"
But thats a lot of work..  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:33 pm
@Celes — I don't do any of those graveyard things. Something about growing up a block away from one takes the mystery out of it. Hell, we used to play "ghost in the graveyard" in the graveyard.

@May — Nah, I recognized you from the pic, but it can sometimes be hard to tell from them.

[edit] I should note, I do hold my breath in tunnels. mad d  

124-C

Anise_is_my_replica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:36 pm
I can look out my window and see the graveyard, but I still hold my breath when passing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:58 pm
I'm not... Incredibly superstitious... Then again, that may or may not explain why my life sucks. |D I have yet to really believe in anything anyway. Unless karma counts...

Wow, I can feel the urge to make a Score comment here. o3o

Morrosseth

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:52 pm
Kals is questing again!
I tend to follow some theatre superstitions that have evolved into etiquette, such as:

One should not whistle in a theatre
Never utter the name of The Scottish Play
Never wish an actor good luck (This is where the phrase "break a leg" came from)
Hope for disaster during the dress rehearsal so that the opening performance will go smoothly

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:25 pm
I've actually done the holding your breath in a tunnel thing... we smartly tried to do it in an extra long tunnel on the East Coast and I was barely able to do it... I think I was the only one who did it in the car actually. I'd never heard about the graveyard and railroad track thing though... what are those supposed to stop or be about anyway?

@Kals do you mean... Macbeth? MWAHAHahahaha twisted  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:15 pm
Kals is questing again!
@Sanzo: AUUGH! Don't you know that's how Patrick Swayze's character died in Ghost? rofl

You're supposed to lift your feet going over train tracks so you don't trip the train, hold your breath in a tunnel so you don't use up all the air, and put your hands on the ceiling to make the car lighter while going over a bridge. This makes things very interesting while going through a covered bridge over railroad tracks because you have to do all three.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:11 pm
I don't follow any traditional superstitions, though I do believe in luck and karma to a degree. But that's only because I have managed to evade death on multiple occasions...so I'm either really lucky or really talented. Truthfully, I hope it's a bit of both. I do have charms of protection and such. And I do believe they work. mrgreen  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:14 pm
Well I am suspicious enough to avoid some things..xD like putting my chopsticks straight up in my bowl at a chinese restaurant.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff