More than one of the above
  Actually, I HAVE A LIFE.
  THE ENTIRE INTERNET because I can!
  Some other site you neglected to add :c
View Results

Nami Tsuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:45 pm
HAY GUYS, MISS ME? Cuz I missed you.

So, as a big comeback (lol not really) I was wondering what you guys think of leaving websites for good, or just staying with them FOREVER

Cuz I kinda left Gaia (since dial-up really can't handle it crying ) But I still like it, so here I am. I've just been on DeviantArt for... ever.

Anyone else leave a site for another? Like... YouTube or something XD

Or have you never left a good site EVER surprised

You can't possibly have enough free time that you go to 200 forum sites everyday... right? o_o

Let's hear some opinions! biggrin

EDIT: LOL My Gaia age is 1337 days! That's some crazy coincidence! I just happen to return when I'm 1337 d4y5 0ld xd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:50 pm
Nami! *glomptacklehuggleluff* ^.^ heart heart heart

Anywho... nope, haven't left many sites... But add me on deviantart, okay? I'm SteveTheWaffle ^.^
Sorry, but I was just about to log off and get some dinner... But I love you forever, and same for your sig! heart  

Lobo-chan

Nami Tsuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:52 pm
Will do!

I love you forever too xd

Enjoy your dinner, I poisoned it >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:53 pm
I pretty much stick to Gaia.
The first place I was ever a regular was this place called Games Domain. It was basically a Java applet with a bunch of board game rooms that looked like they were in a castle and a chat.
And then yahoo bought it out. ._. Soo I lost track of all my friends from there.

After that, I was a member of a few MSN groups, mostly people from the UK and myself, dedicated to music groups and various subcultures.

And then around the end of 2003, my friend Kitty was using her Gaian avatar as her display picture for IMing, and when I asked her where it was from, she showed me Gaia. : D

I've been here ever since (it was January before the site would let me join. x3 Yay glitches.)

I sort of temporarily left when I was without internet for...ohh...8 or 9 months last year, but I still managed to pop on occasionally. : ) I don't really like the direction the site has taken, but I don't plan on leaving any time soon.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Nami Tsuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:59 pm
Yeah, Gaia is really different now :c

I kinda miss the good old days.

...Kinda.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:02 pm
*snerk* That's what "Shi" said... You're "Tsu" cute, Nami.

Anyways, Gaia has always been sort of the center of my Internet life. I belong on some other forums as well, and update Twitter and Facebook on occasion, but in general I stay here.  

Sentama Lin

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:02 pm
It's nice not to have all the glitches. Like I said, I couldn't even join for a few weeks because it said every name was already in use. ._. And this was back when there were like...less than 250 000 users. (Being that I'm user #223182.)

But it's so whored out now. x_X MTV, movies, products like Skittles, ... Gaia's a slut. ._.

I wonder how many oldbies have actually quit because of the site being the way it is now?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:12 pm
Nami-swaaaaaaaan~

I dunno, Tae. The site really is just networking... why would you leave because your networker got blinged?  

Kufasir

Nami Tsuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:20 pm
Lin: Lol thanks XD

Tae: Yeah, Gaia is a slut, but it's for a good purpose, right? Now the site is really interesting... almost TOO interesting... my god I'd be so overwhelmed if I found Gaia now instead of so many years ago XD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:22 pm
razz Have you ever visited Site Feedback?

More importantly, have you ever been there after any sort of change is made to the site?

cheese_whine Why do you think we have these emotes? x3 dramallama

The site is dramatically different from the way it used to be. Lots of people don't like change. *shrug* I wouldn't be surprised if some people took off after awhile.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Nami Tsuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:29 pm
Yeah, I'm sure people have.

I'm okay with it because I'm pretty neutral about any changes to a site unless it takes everything good about the site and throws it off a cliff.

Gaia still has its forums (filled with noobs) but that's what guilds are for xd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:41 pm
I frequent Gaia.

There are some other sites a peek into now and then though. But I don't have as much time as I'd like XP

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anise_is_my_replica

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:47 pm
ASDF NAAAAMIIII! -Tackle- I'm not letting go. You can't make me.

I've mainly been lurking around on 4chan and roleplaying here on Gaia. And of coure, sitting around in ATG.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:56 pm
NAMI! *Tackleglompkidnap* It's good to see you again!

When it comes to the internet I mostly stick to the ATG, YouTube, and recently I caved to peer pressure and joined Facebook. I also have an on and off fondness for Last.fm and Instructables.

Before Gaia I used to spend all of my online time on a site called MuggleNet Interactive. Yes, it was a Harry Potter site because I'm a loser like that. Then the guy who ran the site hacked his own site (no, you didn't read that wrong...) leading to many months of downtime while other people picked up the site and sought to restore it. Although I was thrilled when it returned eventually I just stopped logging on. Things had changed, and my favourite clubs didn't return. (Just like how I stick to the guilds on Gaia, I stayed in the "Club House" on MNI.)  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Mille_Yu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:10 pm
miz ya too  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff