Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
The ATGMod's New Clothes! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Outfit Should Be ATGMod's New Look?
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:43 am
EDIT: It's the fiiiiiiiiinal countdown!!! Final round begins now! Cast your vote! 3nodding

Hello ATG! If you've been with us for some time, you're probably familiar with ATGMod. He looks like this:

User Image

Normally you see him making major announcements, managing the thread directory, or even keeping our contests running smoothly. Pretty much the grunt work. What you probably don't see, are the angry PMs that poor ATGMod recieves when he rejects a join request.

User Image

Poor guy! All that hard work for him and his bunny, and in return we dress him in rags. So ATG, it's time to cheer our little mascot up with a contest.

A NEW OUTFIT FOR ATG MOD!

Using TekTek, create a new outfit for ATGMod. You may not change the base avatar (As in hair, eyes, skin tone/type) and his trusty bunny must be included. The total cost of the outfit must be no more than 10k. Everybody will vote on their favorite outfit, and the winning outfit will become the new look for ATGMod. See the rules below for full details.

The Prize: The 1st place winner will get 5k and their choice of a Green Corallus Egg (1st gen) or a Dandiidoodad Spore (2nd gen). Second place will get 3k and whichever item the first place winner doesn't pick.

Contest Deadline: All Entries must be received by Midnight, January 24, 2009. Late entries will not be considered.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Great job Agent_of_Misfortune your outfit will be ATGMod's new look! You have won your choice of either a Green Corallus Egg (1st Gen) or a Dandiidoodad Spore (2nd Gen). You also get 5k.

Also, congradulations to our runner up LadiSilverFox who came in second. You will recieve whichever EI Agent_of_Misfortune doesn't pick and 3k!

THE WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!

1) User Image

2) User Image

How To Enter:

1) Using tektek (www.tektek.org/dream) create a new outfit for ATGMod.
2) PM the tektek, along with the list of items to ATGMod ATGMod Profile Here. Only one entry per person, though if you wish to change your entry, you may at any point until the deadline.
3) There is no entry fee.

Contest Rules:

1) The avatar base must be kept the same. This includes skin/eyes/hair/etc. The idea is to give the same avatar a new outfit, not to change him completley.
2) The total price of items required to make the outfit must be NO MORE than 10K. Items like MC's and EI's whose prices often rise or fall may be used, but please try to stay reasonable.
3) ATGMod's bunny plush, Mimzy must remain in the outfit as that plushie is near and dear to ATGMod and it will crush his little heart to be without his trusted assistant.
4) Please stay away from overly cluttered outfits/outfits that are made of only "freebie or starter items". ATGMod is sort of a mascot for the guild, so making him look overly cluttered, or dressing him in a starter set wouldn't be a good way to represent the ATG. (Besides he's already in peasent clothes and daily chance items to begin with) Here's a couple examples:
User Image
Waaay too cluttered ((And costs way more than 10k))

User Image
All recent items that were free from events or through quests. It's not as though these items are banned, but we've got 10k to spend on ATGMod, so be creative and show some style. Don't cut costs by sticking to freebie stuff.

5) The winner will be decided through a vote. If there are more entries than a single poll can handle, entries will be split in half evenly, and the top 3 from each vote will go to a third and final poll.
6) The poll will be open for one week after the deadline. If there is the need for more than one poll, each poll will be open for one week.
7) Feel free to post ideas in this thread, but entries will only be considered when you have PM'd them to ATGMod. Don't forget to include the list of items.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:43 pm
Ta-daaaaah! Brand spankin new contest mrgreen This is partly to make up for the fact that I was too busy to host a holiday contest or event thread.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:35 pm
Hmmm... I may just enter this ninja *ninjas off to tektek*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:38 pm
My entry is off and away. I just hope it isn't too underwhelming.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:54 pm
It can't be any more underwhelming or unoriginal than mine, Erve.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:16 pm
ok... first contest i ever entered...
be gentile... emo  

Agent_of_Misfortune

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:25 pm
I don't know what's more frustrating, having only the rabbit as a starting point, or being limited to only 10K...

In any case, I'm in.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:34 pm
Agent_of_Misfortune
be gentile... emo

ô.O

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm
wakusei
Agent_of_Misfortune
be gentile... emo

ô.O
I think the 'i' was a typo...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 pm
*ahem*

yes... yes it was...  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:56 pm
quick question, does the price of Mimzy go to the total since you already have it? (Wants to know the semantics for item quality).
Let's try to raise another one ^_^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:03 am
I was assuming that it wasn't, Kusa, since the Mimzy bunny is already established, and, since there are allowances made for MC and EI, the 10K is more of a "don't go ******** nuts" guideline. Maybe I'm wrong, though...  

124-C

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:37 am
Well in any case my submission is under 10K without mimzy.

And it's away. ^_^

Let's try to raise another one ^_^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:33 am
Just last week I was thinking of how much I would love to give ATGMod's wardrobe a makeover. I'll submit something if I can find the time to have a play on TekTek. whee  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:37 am
No, the price of the Mimzy doesn't count. And the 10k is a challenge. 3nodding It is entirely possible to make a good avatar with 10k. If the entry is like 10,400 or something like that I can be a bit flexible, but I wanted there to be a challenge in this contest too. 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff