Forced diet...D: Kill me now!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever done a clense?
  Yup! For health reasons
  Yeah, I just wanted to
  No wai! Nothing can take my sugar from me! NOTHING!!!
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 pm
So...I generally eat healthy. In fact, recently I've been trying to be even more aware of certain foods that I should cut down on. However, due to a recent ailment I will be doing a clense. For about 2 weeks, I can't have any bread, sugar, or dairy. I also can't have anything that has vinegar in it, so no ketchup/salsa/mayo.

gonk I'd have a slightly easier time with it if I didn't have to go without cheese. Sweets I can handle. Bread? No problem....but taking away cheese too? crying Oh sure I'll be fine, it's not like I can't handle it for two weeks, but I feel like I'm being forced to go vegan (Not...really since I can still have chicken and fish). So ATG, have you ever been forced to cut your favorite foods from your diet?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

Not really, although my mother is trying to make me cut down on my soda intake.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm
I've had to do some fasts and some diet changes to accommodate some ailments (and braces). In general, aside from the transition, it wasn't too difficult for me.

I was able to find substitutes for food through a little research. Some people don't like substitutes but it helps to think of them as not the real thing, but something similar to the real thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 pm
Awe, poor Kyla!
I love cheese too. I try to keep my sugar intake to a minimum or at least let slip things that are the least processed.

No diets for Elcia and thankfully I'm healthy. Two weeks will be over before you know it and then you can over compensate a little
blaugh  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

I am an old ATG member =]

I've never needed a diet or anything o.o
I'm just cool like that
I did need braces once but I said "No"
My teeth fixed themselves

Click here for the ATG Wiki!
Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm
I have a hard enough time not eating certain foods due to having braces, being on any form of diet would kill me. I've never been very good at limiting my food intake... proven by the fact that I still eat popcorn even though I shouldn't. Best of luck to you hun, and remember two weeks isn't THAT long  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 pm
*Hugs everybody* Thanks guys whee You're good support. I'll be fine, but when I read the list of foods I can't have I was like, "So...just don't eat anything that's enjoyable, flavorful, and delicious...great."

Fortunatley I can have all the tea I want. whee I love tea! I drink it instead of having desert some nights anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:15 am
I´ve never been on diet. But a friend is being forced to do one and she can only eat vegetables, ice-cream and tea.  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 am
But Sanzo, popcorn is actually a very health snack... that is, if there is nothing on it.
Also tea is win. I drink it all the time. Have one of those nifty cast iron kettles but no matching cups.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Hooray for tea!

I had braces, and didn't find that I had many things to change about my diet. I still ate rock-hard sweets, and just substituted some other less enjoyable stuff for soft donuts. >_>;

Good luck! Like Elcia said, two weeks will swing by, easypeasy, then you can treat yourself. 3nodding  

Omochii

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 pm
I did a cleanse once just because I wanted to see what the difference was. Can't say I felt any change after.

Hope you are doing better, Kayla. Forced diets don't sound all that fun, but if it is for your health it is for the best. At least it is only for a couple weeks and not a life long requirement.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:46 pm
Kals is questing again!
When I was having mondo issues with my gall bladder, I had to cut out dairy, eggs, fats, spices, and a number of vegetables from my diet until I could get in for surgery -- which took about 9 months. Needless to say, I was not amused. At one point, even carrots were enough to set off an attack. All I could eat was green soup, flaxseed tea, and beets.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

InuYasha girl 707

5,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:54 pm
Yea. I'm a vegetarian myself (7 years) on my own choice. Meat was good, I remember that much, but I couldn't eat something that had a heart and a brain and a life. I like meat, but I choose not to eat it, and I haven't eaten it for seven years.
It's not that hard. But yeah, I don't think I could last without cheese.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:44 pm
I try to do a cleanse every 3-6 months. Of course, I may or may not smoke cannabis daily... It evens out (pretty sure).  

Chiagreens_attyatlaw

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:50 am
I've never done a Clense in my life and I smoke and drink razz My Doctor say's that I'm a very healthy Lady razz razz I was like... ''Groovage!!!!'' I'm on a diet though :s  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff