Reply Community Lounge
Worst Movies Ever Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

agust dreams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:26 pm
I have a few and am interested in learning about others before I unwittingly watch them, and hopefully this will prevent others from being traumatized by really bad movies.
Doomsday (you have to agree it was sick)
Watership Down (yeah it's not a cute bunny movie, more like mafia cannibal bunnies)
1984 (we watched this in my english class after reading the book, we knew it was rated R, and the teacher was stupid enough not to watch it before showing to the class)
Sweeney Todd (yeah, i really have nothing to say about this movie it was so awful)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:43 pm
Watership Down is based on a book. The book is equally gruesome, but the animated version wasn't that great.

As for Sweeney Todd, it's based on a musical, so personally I enjoyed the movie more having seen the stage production (Both on DVD and live on stage in Boston).

I wasn't that crazy about No Country For Old Men. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't think it was as good as it was made out to be. I have a feeling the book is much better.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:48 pm
...I liked Sweeney Todd >.> I kinda want to watch the actual musical now, but I have a feeling I'd hear the songs and be biased toward the film since I saw it first >.> But yeah.

Kyla: ....Aren't the books usually better than the films? (And Ew @ any Cormac McCarthy book >.< EW.)

....I didn't enjoy 28 Weeks Later >.< 28 Days is epic and awesome and all that, but 28 Weeks just killed everything from the first one >.<
(And just cuz that one song was awesome in the first one doesn't mean you should play it every 5 minutes! >.<)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:51 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

Worst movie ever? A.I.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:51 pm
@Yourathen: I'm curious... did you find these to be *bad* movies, or just movies that "squicked" you? (There are movies that I don't personally care for that are well-crafted and well-done movies... and Kyla is correct that the Watership Down movie is a relatively faithful retelling of the book)

As far as bad movies go, Roadkill, I mean Roadhouse is one, for me; someone else paid my way into the theater, and I *still* felt like I'd wasted my money.

Also, Geena Davis' Cutthroat Island was abysmal.

And, and... pretty much anything with Stephen Segal or Van Damme. smile ("Plot? We don't need no stinking plot... we gots buff guys fighting and semi-cleverly killing hundreds of thousands of bad guys!")  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 pm
Personally I liked Sweeney Todd... haven't seen the other three. Your only complaint from 1984 seems to be that it was rated R... and? Do you just not like movies with high ratings? Cause that doesn't necessarily make them bad movies...

Anyway the movie that I thought was really bad was Miami Vice, I'm pretty easily entertained so a movie doesn't have to be great to catch my attention but that one didn't even have action to distract me...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:15 pm
@0Rol: I liked AI alright, I just think Stephen Spielberg should have decided which ending he wanted... instead of having all three consecutively. smile

I need to watch it again, but I remember being supremely disappointed by Cool World. Great concept, but the animation/human interaction was horrible, as bad as the interaction in Who Framed Roger Rabbit was good. Alas.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:17 pm
Yeah, I geuss as far as doomsday and sweeney todd goes I think they weren't my preference, they didn't scare, I just felt like I wanted to throw up.
I have actually wanted to read watership down, I just havent found the courage. The main thing about the movie is that we found in the kids section, and its not a movie I think little kids would go to bed with nice dreams.

Have any of you seen 1984? I don't think any of you would disagree that's it's a bad movie, all around. If I hadn't read the book, I don't think it would have made any sense, even still it's a bad interpretation.  

agust dreams

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:21 pm
Okay saying its a bad interpretation of the movie to me is a more convincing of an argument than "it was rated R and my teacher showed it to our class". Also better argument for me not to watch it...

As for Watership Down, it not being a kids movie and being in the kids section is more of a.. bad labeling or rating than bad movie.. just my two cents on this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:22 pm
I'd have to agree that Watership Down shouldn't be considered a "kid's movie"; unfortunately (at least in the United States, and I don't know where you are), "animated" equates to "juvenile". This is slowly changing, but the stigma is still there. (That being said, Triplets of Belleville is wonderful and intended mainly for adults, and I still want to see Persepolis)  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:24 pm
Aah! I wanna see Persepolis >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:25 pm
Lol, yeah my only point about it being rated r was that you think the teacher would at least watch it first, we were after all in junior high still.
!Good book though.  

agust dreams

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Isn't 1984 the one with Big Brother?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm
Watership Down is animated? Hmm... well in our Blockbuster we actually have an animated section, not necessarily kids section but just animated films, its usually the area where the anime is, like violent bloody anime so yeah.

@Yourathenagirl Oh well yeah your teach definitely should have looked it over before showing it to you guys but like I said, a high rating or something like that doesn't make a movie a bad one.

yes Roland, that is the book  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 pm

I read that book, I liked it. I believe I watched the movie as well, but I dun't remember.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces