Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHY YES IM A MULE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:29 pm
I guess this is sortof a weird topic...
=w=
I hope no one else has already posted something like this!
sweatdrop sweatdrop xp
Anyways.
Just tell me what yew think bout emo peoples.
Random topics are fun!
whee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:35 pm
*Shrugs* Nothing against them. I'm annoyed by people who pretend to be depressed when there are people who have very real and very serious issues with depression, but that doesn't seem to be what "real" emos are about. Only it seems like on Gaia there's a billion people who go, "I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE EVERYTHING! I'M SO EMO!!!!" sweatdrop  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Karma Explosion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:44 pm
I hate that a lot of people either think they're freaks or sooooo kewl.
Being emo is not good, and people should not go around "omg i want 2 be emo omg they r sooooo kewl and kawaii!!!11!!!!1!"
NO. That's ignorant. Emos are miserable, and even if you relish the idea of being tragiccally misunderstood, you don't want to be depressed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm
I think I am emo... And uh, I don't do it on purpose. But when my mom found out about the culture, she immediately accused me of being emo.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:09 pm
What is "emo" now is not what was "emo" when I was in high school.

Emo used to be this indie-esque musical genre. Stuff like Fugazi and Rites of Spring and even older Weezer albums. The look was categorized by thick-rimmed glasses and a general sort of geeky, indie-rock look. Bands like Dashboard Confessional and Jimmy Eat World were associated with the last wave of emo music.

And then...

Then the music sort of bred with pop-punk and the look sort of bred with the goth look and the current emo scene was born. =x

Like, people like this would have been labelled "goth" when I was in high school.

And bands like Panic at the Disco, My Chemical Romance, and *shudder* Simple Plan, which are often categorized as "emo", sound absolutely nothing like the groups that were originally associated with the so-called genre.

People who are supposedly emo have this reputation for being miserable all the time and being involved with self-injury. Which is exactly the same reputation "goth" kids had. : P

Quite frankly, I like the aesthetic aspect to that particular scene, but most of the people involved in it seem not to know what emo music even is, and often take themselves way too seriously.

Oh, and apparently there's a difference between the "emo" look and the "scene" look. If someone would care to explain this to me, it would be much appreciated. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:18 pm
I think that you should forget everything you have ever heard associated with that word, and we can pretend it wasn't accidentally picked up and abused by the occluded younger brothers of early-nineties hipsters with a taste for abrasive guitar, screaming vocals, and a decidedly explosive display of emotional dramatism during their shows, and subsequently adopted widespread use, despite the fact that it's meaning is never clear between speakers even of the same tribe, and is essentially useless for conveying anything precise.  

Milk and Holy Water

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 pm
Taeryyn

Emo used to be this indie-esque musical genre. Stuff like Fugazi and Rites of Spring and even older Weezer albums. The look was categorized by thick-rimmed glasses and a general sort of geeky, indie-rock look. Bands like Dashboard Confessional and Jimmy Eat World were associated with the last wave of emo music.

And then...

Then the music sort of bred with pop-punk and the look sort of bred with the goth look and the current emo scene was born. =x

Exactly! That's what I keep thinking. sweatdrop I have nothing against the people who listen to alternative music and wear thick glasses. The only "depressing" thing I can think of was that some of the songs in that genre were sometimes a little lonely sounding. When the heck did it merge into a sub-division of goth or whatever?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

*sigh* And here we go with the emo topic. I personally have nothing against "emo" people. Hell, I'm even friends with quite a few people who have been labeled as "emo." What I do have a problem with is the fact that it appears that most high school students are mindless nitwits that will do anything they can to feel "accepted." The term "monkey see, monkey do" comes to mind...

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:57 pm
User Image

They make me laugh because they're hypocrites!

"Look at me, I'm totally not like everyone else. Hey there's a huge group of people who are depressed and hate their life just like me."

C'mon... talk2hand
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 pm
I don't care about them, just the attitude behind it.

Most people I have met with the emo attitude are by far the most dull and annoying people I have met. I just hate it when people are so self-centered that they just have to take the attention from people that *need* the help that the "Emos" keep taking away to fulfill their own selfish desires.

Honestly, its not so much the "Emos" that get me, though I think they look absolutely retarded and I definately wouldn't hire them for jobs looking so ridiculous :/, its just the attitude. Plus I hate it when I try to help someone and then all they rather do is talk about how screwed they are and how they are a helpless cause rather then discuss how to *fix* the problem, because it infuriates me so much to have my time wasted on them when I could be helping someone who actually *needs* help.

I will talk to anyone about their problems, heck I would even give an ear out to Hitler if it would have helped him do something for the greater good, but people who just want attention I won't help for s**t and I rather just help myself to putting them in a human sized meat grinder. :3  

Red Glacier

Esme Eames

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 pm
I have nothing against them. I do get sick of people acting depressed and I get tired of being accused of being "emo" just because I say something.

Today, in my Intro to Horticulture (or Intro to Hort as my teacher calls it) we were asked to think of 10 types of trees, flowers, grains, and vegetables. I named Bleeding Heart as a flower and my friend accused me of being emo. That -ticked- me off!

This is a Bleeding Heart. Personally, I think it's a pretty flower.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry, I liked them all. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:14 pm
Really cool flower, end about emos I don´t like the way they enfront life, cuz they´re always depressed and life is to laugh at, even in the hard times we always can find something to make us at least a little bit happy..  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:22 pm
Taeryyn

And then...

Like, people like this would have been labelled "goth" when I was in high school.

And bands like Panic at the Disco, My Chemical Romance, and *shudder* Simple Plan, which are often categorized as "emo", sound absolutely nothing like the groups that were originally associated with the so-called genre.

People who are supposedly emo have this reputation for being miserable all the time and being involved with self-injury. Which is exactly the same reputation "goth" kids had. : P

Quite frankly, I like the aesthetic aspect to that particular scene, but most of the people involved in it seem not to know what emo music even is, and often take themselves way too seriously.

Oh, and apparently there's a difference between the "emo" look and the "scene" look. If someone would care to explain this to me, it would be much appreciated. rolleyes

Yeah, that's what high school was like for me, too. And there were very few emo people around. At least people with that "look".

Scene kids, as far as I can tell, are the same as emos but have that weird hair that reminds me of 80's glam.

I think I'm too old now to really think much about emo, scene or whatever.... Labels like that have to (hopefully) fade away as you grow up. At any rate, I certainly stopped caring.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:39 pm
XD
i dont have a problem with them cause im one of'em xD lol
im emo but not like "imma cut my writs and cry in a corner emo"
im just a normal kid with emotional problems..
most of my friends are emo so yeah xD lol
emo is love to me smile
especially the cutie boyz and girliez razz
im bi XD lol

<333  

TaeminsLips

Divine Nymph

11,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cool Cat 500

NtNatow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:41 pm
The "emos" that are actually depressed, like have sucky lives and are clinically depressed, I understand if they cut or wear dark clothing and keep to themselves.

The "emos" that wear tight skinny jeans, listen to escape the fate, pretend to cut themselves and whine and b***h all the time- I hate those people, because I live with one of those freaking wemos.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff