Will you participate?
  Yes
  No
  Pollwhore
View Results

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 pm
IVE had it!
im tired of my teeth being yellow, breath that can kill a small child, and forking over 5 bucks every day... just so i can suck down a little white stick thats gonna make me cough....

IM DONE!!!

As of today... i hereby pledge to never touch a cigarette ever again...

i implore all others who wish to quit, to find Solace in this thread.

i also encourage discussions about cigarettes and health...

dont be shy... lets flush those Satan sticks down to hell... TOGETHER!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:20 pm
I've never personally smoked, but my brother and uncle have both tried to stop several times (and my dad did it as you're doing, in one fell swoop), so I wish you the best of luck! ^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:38 pm
Great job! Really, I'm very proud of you. My neighboor keeps trying to quit, and she's never been able to. I really wish she would. Personally, the idea of smoking a cigarette disgusts me. I don't dislike people who smoke, I just hate the habit.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:42 pm
User Image

I've never understood why people have trouble quitting smoking, though this could be because I've never had to deal with an addiction myself.

In my mind, it should be as easy as saying "Nah, don't need these anymore", and being done with it.

My mum and my sister are both desperately trying to quit. Mum got to 6 months once, then some really bad stuff happened at home, and she got knocked off course. She's gonna try to quit again.

whee Good luck, Agent.

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:43 pm
As people know I smoke occasionally (on average a pack every two months, once every six months or so) so I like it, but don't feel dependent on it. Granted I do feel some slight withdrawal symptoms after I don't smoke for a while (or if I was feeling particularly stressed and decided to smoke more than two a day) but they have always felt mild. Good job for you wanting to stop the habit though; it'll be difficult, as I've seen with my friends.

I personally don't mind people who smoke as long as others are okay with it. Whenever I smoke though, I tend to gauge the attitudes of whoever I'm with, and if we're outside or not. I tend to just toss the pack into my jacket pocket if I'm with people who would rather not be smelling smoke or if I'm inside.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:05 pm
We wish you the best of luck Agent.
I might be tough but keep us posted and we'll try to be helpful.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:15 pm
DEAR GOD THIS IS VICIOUS!!!!!

im jonsen BAD! stare  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:57 am
Smoking makes you smarter, why quit?  

King 0wl

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:23 am
Everyone I know who has quit successfully has done it cold turkey.

I, like Lin, smoke very sparsely. The only time I feel like I need a smoke is when i'm super upset or anxious over something, and i find myself wishing to buy just one smoke, because I don't want an entire pack.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 am
Go, Agent! I don't smoke and will never for as long as I live. Are you trying to quit "cold turkey"? Are you going to try out any of that gum stuff or patches? I think you're awesome for having the strength just to get yourself started. I can only imagine that there could be some crappy times but in the long times your health and wallet will be better off for it. Not to mention that we're all here if you ever want a pep talk. whee

Mandelbrots Uncle
Smoking makes you smarter, why quit?

Just not smart enough to stop ruining your health of all things? I don't mean for that to sound rude it's just that smoking making a person smarter was not a claim I had ever heard of until the other recent smoking thread. Is this just something that people say or is there actually scientific research behind this? It's just that I've known some pretty stupid people who smoke, heavily too, so based off experience I can only doubt that any positive effect that smoking has on a person's intelligence is enough to make all of the health risks worthwhile. neutral  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am
Neither do I. I've been surrounded by smokers my entire life. I urge anyone reading to take Agent's sound advice and use the wonderful example of willpower to your advantage. 3nodding Best of luck to you!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:43 am
UPDATE TIME!!

its been over 24 hours since my last cigarette...

im shakey, and i have a splitting headache....

i did smoke a cigar last night... but it was an really expense one... and i didn't inhale.. god how i wanted to.. even tho cigar smoke makes me choke when i do sweatdrop  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:46 am
Whoo, GO AGENT! I've been seriously considering quiting with you, because I'm almost out and have no money for more. I'm like lin and Kal, though, I don't smoke everyday. Maybe three times a week, actually.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 am
lol well i was up to a pack or more a day (depending on my stress level)  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:48 am
Wow. That's a lot. Sounds like my mom, I have to buy her two packs every other day.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff