Reply Community Lounge
If you could start over, would you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

palnoki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:46 pm
Something at work with what my firend was talking to me made me think of something. He talked about his past and how it lead him to where he was and wanted to change his position in life and I thought to him even though I have come through much pain and hardship I like where I am because it help make who I was. What makes people want to change past mistakes, what would you change in your past and maybe do differently if you had the chance.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 pm
Nothing. I've got no regrets about my life. Everything I am is because of my life, the good AND the bad.  

lazycommie

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:15 pm
Tell me, exactly what does freedom mean...

I wouldn't change anything. Who I am today is because of who I was in the past. If I had not been made fun of and teased as a little kid, I seriously doubt I would be doing what makes me happy today. Art is not something I usually see preppy kids doing.

...if I'm not free to be as twisted as I want to be?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 pm
    I'd be lying if I said I had no regrets, but I also think it's useless to imagine changing what you can't. I have to accept my past as best I can and how it made me who I am now.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

King 0wl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:32 am
That would depend, could I remember everything I know now? if so, then yes, I'd start over.

Dwelling on the past is useless, mistakes are mistakes and all we can do is learn from them, but as an intellectual exercise, yeah, think about what you'd have done differently.

Anyone who says they wouldn't change things is either a liar or the Bodhisatva.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 am
As Mandelbrots Uncle stated, I certainly would not go back if I didn't have the knowledge I have now. I would simply end up doing everything the same way otherwise.

I have thought often about things in my life that I could have done differently. Not all of it is regrets... just some things that possibly could have made things more interesting. For instance, I don't regret not taking part in the school talent show, but it might have been interesting if I did and I wonder what I would have done and how people would have responded.... it's not something I beat myself up about.

I cannot say for sure if I would actually start over if I had the chance. While I do think about it, I would be afraid that my life would not turn out as well... and the whole time I might just intentionally end up doing the same things just so I know I end up in the right place sweatdrop ... in which case going back would have been completely pointless.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:24 am
Mandelbrots Uncle

Anyone who says they wouldn't change things is either a liar or the Bodhisatva.

False.. Not everyone.

I WOULD go back, but just so I could do everything the same way and live it again.

Personally, I like how I turned out. I mean, I may wish I were dead every waking moment of my life, but that doesn't mean I haven't had some fun living and doing what I do.

Also, I couldn't agree more with what you had stated before that though, Mandelbrots Uncle, the part about how Dwelling on the past is useless.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 am
Hell yeah I would do it agian. That would be the most kick a** science fairs ever!  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 am
I'd go back and change all the bad thing's I ever did and study more!!

x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:26 am
Hell yeah I'd love to go back if I could be born into a different... household and different circumstances. I hate my life and what I have become, and its going to take a hell of a lot of... me to change it.
On the other hand, would I still have a passion for photography, art and music? I love that stuff and it's part of who I am I wouldn't want to get rid of that.
That's me in a nutshell though. One part wants one thing the other part wants the opposite.  

sahihen

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:45 am
@Sahihen:::
Surely your life isn't that bad??

x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:57 am
I have made A LOT of mistakes in my life..... Many upon many upon many. There was once a day that I would have said that I wish I could go back and change every wrong turn I had made. And I will not lie... I still do sometimes when a bought of depression suddenly hits me. But to be quite honest, all those things that I had done in my past has actually led me to where I am today. I am now in a point of my life that I am actually doing quite well at, especially when it comes to past hurts. For example, I have found myself in a relationship that is better than any that I imagined I would have; I am now attending college and am planning on working my way up to a masters in accounting. I have a three year old son who is the light of my dark life. These three things would have never come to be if I hadn't dropped out of high school to attend party after party to get drunk and high every day. Nor would they have come about if I had not continued that life, and gotten into multiple bad relationships and left my parents home at seventeen. Not to mention quite a few other things that go in between those. For the first time in my life, I can actually say that I am happy where I am and I would not change a damned thing.  

HorrendousFlights

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:14 am

I am an old ATG member =]

I would make sure that I fell into a pool of radiated substances at the age of 4
that way I can have superpowers cool

Being awesome just don't cut it nomore

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:22 am
@Shram:::
Are you being serious dude??

x

TieselGirl09

sahihen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:04 am
@Tiesel- I absoulutly hate what I am right now. I can't truely be who I am or express myself the way I want to. My memorys got so many holes I might as well have advanced Alzhiemers.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff