Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:44 pm
User Image
At least Fable II does.

GRM and I have been playing Fable II for at least a week straight now and needless to say I've already beaten the story line once but GRM hasn't (Mostly because I've been hoarding the 360).

If you have not played this game yet you might be unaware of the fact that the main way to make money in the early game is to get a job. Jobs consist of button mashing time events and they are not the most fun thing in the world and Woodcutting is the hardest and least rewarding of them but for some strange reason it is appealing when you have as much gold as a beggar.

In any case the entire game has it's own "time" and at night the shops close. We GRM has been working on getting a five star rating in Woodcutting for about two hours now (picking up from earlier) and she finally finished which is good news because she now has roughly 30,000g gold.

Well I heard her gain an achievement and I asked her which one she got and she told me she got "The artisan, finally" (for getting level five in a job) and I said "Well at least now you have a lot of money" and as soon as I said it the town crier calls out "Shops are now closing" and all GRM could muster was "******** class="postcontent-align-center" style="text-align: center">--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:01 am

I am an old ATG member =]

I Laugh at the bad luck
Games like to do this, I figure games speed up the pace Just to make you go ******** style="color: Purple">Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:20 am
lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:35 am
User Image

I have the worst luck when it comes to... well almost everything. You can gamble in that game too. GTR said that the first time he played it he won 60g, he played as me.... and lost.

The shops closing really pissed me off because there's nothing to do in the towns at night other than get a job, and all I wanted was to buy a damn axe so that way I could start a quest with a better weapon.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Firegirbot159

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:31 pm
hoo has played star wars force unleashed question question question question question question rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm
Biodoom45gir
hoo has played star wars force unleashed question question question question question question rofl rofl

This is irrelevant. Not to be a jerk, but it helps if you read through the first couple of posts before launching into your own.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:18 pm
Erverain
Biodoom45gir

This is irrelevant. Not to be a jerk, but it helps if you read through the first couple of posts before launching into your own.
Don't worry Erv, I've already sent this person a warning, if they don't listen they WILL be banned  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:36 pm
It took me several Fableweeks to achieve level 5 blacksmith. -_-;; It always annoyed me that the town crier would say the same things twice.

"Shops now open!" Five seconds... "Shops now opening for business!"

Well, which is it, crapface? Open or openING, eh? Make up your damn mind! You'd think if they were going to choose someone for town crier, they'd at least pick someone with a bit of sense. Is the town crier a prestigious title? Is it an elected official?

Either way, does anyone know how to finish the Temple of Light Donation quest? I can never find the right time to donate. crying I suppose I could look it up, but I'm too old fashioned for that sort of thing.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:50 pm
Bah, bartending is where the money's at. I made more money bartending than blacksmithing, and it's much easier on the timing.
But there was one thing that really bothered me about the game. Reaver never gets his comeuppance. Never. So many times did I want to just murder the b*****d, but noooo, he gets to live until the end, and then flee the country.
And I don't know about the Temple of Light donation times. Never did it, you see.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:09 pm
User Image
You don't ever "finish" the donation quest but you can get it to tun blue which means you fufilled all requirements.

You get a "Special" Cleaver if you donate 10,000 gold between 12:01pm to 1pm when the sun is at it's pinnacle.

It only took me a few game days to get to level five blacksmith, I've not even reached level five woodcutter because I was like "Screw that".

The reason Reaver never got killed is because all three of the "Heroes" were supposed to represent the actions you could chose to do. Not just Will, Skill and Strength but in personality also.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:13 pm
I must say I'm impressed by the storyline. For the second time, Fable has combined a really good story with plenty of free-roam options and gameplay. If only it weren't so easy to max out skills... Kind of takes the challenge out of it.

I appreciate the tip, GTR.

Blacksmith took me so long because I have, in essence, a sloth's reaction time. -_-;  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:47 pm
User Image

I've been able to play I think a total of like 10 hours or so. I'm almost a 5 star blacksmith, I'm a 5 star woodcutter and that's about it. I've been focusing more on making money and buying s**t to level me and my dog up in whatever areas.

I find this Fable is much harder to get experience in! I don't like that the experience is based on what you kill something with. Be is magic, close range weapons or long range weapons. I'll dwindle something down to almost dead with a gun lets say, then I magic the bugger and BAM, no skill experience!

I have a slow reaction time too. I can't get over a 5 chain with blacksmithing on the 4 star level. rolleyes
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Hrm. THIS game didn't come out for the PC, did it?

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:55 pm
User Image

GTR says he thinks it came out for the PC too. You would have to look it up.

Very fun game!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

I probably will then. Although, I was dissapointed at Fable: The Lost Chapters, I beat that game in no time at all. AND, My computers graphics card couldn't handle certain parts of the game, so I had to fight Twinblade with a blank screen stressed

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces