Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Undakai Incorporated: Rolling Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:07 am
Roleplay Introduction:

I am the industrious city of Any Topic Guild. You know me, and I know you. I have seen your children grow, your friends come and go, you yourselves developing in my womb from txt-talking newbies to dignified debaters. Inside my belly flourish skyscrapers like the "Phunkeh Thread" and “Post Your Picture”, once modest piles of bricks and wood squatting by my sidewalks. And deep within my memory, bleached skeletons sit slumped in my closet, collecting dust and grinning optimistically at the door before their hollowed sockets. "We will see you soon," they hiss behind their dirty teeth, "We miss you. You miss us. We are, after all, a part of you. And you cannot keep us hidden 'way forever..."

When they were flesh and blood, their name was Undakai Incorporated.

The Gist (AKA what we're roleplaying, and the history behind it):

Okay, now that the dramatic introduction is over, I'll give any newbies a quick run-over of the history of UndaCorp, and get all the oldbies up to speed on how it's running currently... A few years back, one of the ATG's guild members (Undakai) started "stealing the souls" of other members. When he took your soul, it was as if you were unconditionally bound to him, forced to do his bidding and whatnot. You were essentially exactly the same as you'd been before your soul was stolen, except you had absolute loyalty towards "Master Undakai" and pretty much abandoned all your morals... Morals are useless when you're enslaved to a ruthless overlord. Way back in the day, Undakai took souls brutishly. Just ripped 'em clean from your body whether you had a say in it or not. But with the coming of his first volunteered henchman, the system became more organized...

His first volunteered henchman was actually a henchwoman. Me. Don't ask me why I did it; I'm still not quite sure... But because of the fact that I pledged my absolute loyalty to him of my own free will and I was the first in line, wuddayaknow, I got to keep my soul. After I joined up, the two of us (Unda and I) decided that from then on, every henchman had to volunteer, and every henchman had to hand their soul over. The process was organized using an elaborate contract each recruit had to sign...

Since then, Undakai's army took on a more corporate feel, and we became Undakai Incorporated. The grounds on which Unda's mansion was kept expanded and eventually included an enormous skyscraper, which houses every office and living quarter of every henchperson. It's the so-called headquarters of UndaCorp. All funds are accumulated through an intricate web of investments organized by yours truly and The Boss. The main purpose of Undakai Incorporated is, of course, to collect souls. Other minor jobs of henchpeople include the spread of UndaCorp propoganda, general maintenance around the headquarters, scouting for perfect souls to be stolen, security, etc.....

To play off Undakai's absence from the ATG, we'll say that one day, he suddenly disappeared off the face of the planet... The man does work in mysterious ways, so nobody quite questioned it... Taking up the reigns in his stead are, as always, a few of the head henchpeople and I. With his absence, things around the corp have grown quite mundane..... But I'm sure one of you guild members out there will see to it that a rebellion is close at hand to stop our evil soul-stealing ways, eh?

Rules:

1. No god-modding, bla bla bla. Even Undakai, who seemed to have infinite power, took hits and threw a few misses. Always give somebody an opportunity to dodge you. Always give somebody an opportunity to hit you. Never control another player....

2. Please give your posts a wee bit of fat. <:3 I'm not asking for three pages a post, but a full-fledged paragraph would be nice.

3. Please keep OOC speak to a minimum.

4. Keep it PG-13, folks. <.< I know that definition is rather loose these days.....but..... You get the gist. No smecks. The end.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 am
How to Create Characters:

Please use this format when creating characters for convenience's sake, and post it in the thread.

Name (your screenname):
Age (can be your real age or another you'd prefer):
Avatar (this is a gaia-avatar based roleplay, so we appreciate if you craft your appearance using TekTek. Wardrobe changes in game are fine, simply send new pictures to me, and I'll update the profile post):
Side (you can choose to be a minion of UndaCorp, a rebel against UndaCorp, or a neutral):
Personality: (quick description)
History: (do they have any prior history with UndaCorp, or any relations to the people involved in it?)
Abilities:

List of Characters:

Name: Slim
Side: Minion
Personality: Possesses a bit of a split-personality, thanks to her prolonged employment to the derranged Undakai. There's the optimistic Slim of boundless energy who carries a generally friendly disposition towards everyone, and the emotionless cunning Slim who gets the job done no matter how bloody it may be....
History: The first "official" henchperson of Undakai Incorporated. Second in command only to Undakai himself.
Abilities: Mediocre gun skills, but decent with the katana she carries about with her. Can teleport short distances (often uses a cloud of black smoke for dramatic effect, but it's not necessary). Also carries a bottomless suitcase in which she stores a few choice safety precautions, soul-binding contracts, office supplies, and cookies.... Occassionally uses one of her companions (UndaCorps gelatinous mascot, Blop) as a sort of weapon.

User ImageName: Tsujigiri-san (Tsuji)
Side: I would be inclined to say "Neutral", but you may decide otherwise.
Personality: A natural troublemaker. He is entirely consume by his pursuit to relieve his constant ennui. Every situation is carefully considered and the course of action that is decided to produce the highest quality of entertainment will always be the course taken. With few exceptions that entertainment is at the expense of others. He is otherwise amiable, if a little distant.
History: He may or may not have tried to kill key members of UndaCorp and may or may not have aided/hindered prior uprisings against said company...
Abilities: Has been seen to use great supernatural powers (levitation and teleportation), he relies mostly on the ability to absorb and transfer energy, feeding off from other people's emotions. Also is proficient in the use of sword, his cane as a singlestick, wielding a pair of sidearms (generally tucked inside his tux), and producing drinks from odd places...

Name (screenname): Mr. Jimmy (WiskersThCatfish)
Age: As old as the eldest hill, and the deepest crevasse. Walking from the beginning of time, to the end.
Side: A mischievous, and ambiguous neutral.
Personality: First and foremost, James' priority is to feed the hungry masses who flock to his cart on the street outside Undacorp. Enthusiastically, he cooks up orders, always adding a little bit of unwanted flare to the meal, but after he serves the food, he becomes a docile listener, like a bartender, cleaning a glass, and keenly listening to a line of sob-stories. By the time the customer is off the stool, it becomes blurred if his trade is ramen, or information. Occasionally, he'll offer a eerie story, or some intuitive advice, but always he offers a unique lunch-time snack, and rarely charges to boot.
History: Jimmy is known around the corporation, but nobody can quite say why. It's a whispered rumor that with such a super-conglomerate as Undacorp, there are only a few... things... in the world that could level it in any short span of time. On this list of threats is said to lie Jimmy's name, in it's entirety (which is a feat, as it's also rumored that those who learn his true name go mad for the rest of their lives trying to spell it). But he and Undakai seem to have no qualms, and indeed, Jimmy seems to reveal on occasion that he manages the little noodle-stand because he feels indebted to the CEO. If asked, however, just about any Corporation employee will admit that Jimmy's always been there. Well maybe not, like always, but as long as anyone cares to remember not eating delicious, free ramen for lunch every day.
Abilities: Majorly, he displays his great ability at preparing most kinds of noodles, running his stand Noodle'Thulu. He can produce a plethora of live sea creatures of many sizes from his person, simply by reaching into his shirt, or under his apron. He has countless wet, fleshy, suckered appendages hiding in his clothing, and uses them quite skillfully, and articulately to meet his everyday needs. Over his mouth, he wears false, metal teeth that he has demonstrated are sharp enough for him to bite apart, and even chew metal, and ceramic objects.

Name: Erverain
Side: Neutral, for now.
Personality: A fairly quiet individual, with the odd quirk or two thrown in.
History: Managing to stay out of the last great conflict between UndCorp and the rival upstarts under some squirrely fellow, he has managed to make a living scrounging abandoned tech and doing the random odd job. Of course, any job offers from UndaCorp usually pay with the continued ownership of his soul. Was hired during the TRM Crisis and the Saverio Incident, but has since been between jobs. Is a regular customer of Jimmy's cart.
Powers/Abilities: Constant exposure to corporate waste and multiple near-death situations have granted him improved reflexes, stamina, and vision. A somewhat hopeless inventor, his only successes were the Strength Enhancing Gauntlets and the Ionic Plasma Phase Rifle (which he dubbed "the Negotiator" for some reason).

Name: Roland Deschain
Side : Neutral, for now
Personality: Somewhat of a loner, Roland has been called an emotionless void on several occasions. He tends to prefer solitude, and can be harsh at times.
History: Roland is new to town, he came in search of some work. He is a mercenary, he will take just about any job he can get. His morals have been known to get in the way of his work though, and has on several occasions left a job unfinished because he does not approve of it. As a result, he has a hard time getting some work.
Abilities: Roland is a prodigy with weapons, he can master any weapon given to him in a short period of time. He is also able to freeze time, which can result in a few other moves possible, such as teleportation of himself or other people/objects.

Name: (Dark Pisces) Pisces
Side: Neutral, with minionistic tendencies.
Personality: Pisces is a sporadic, slightly insane individual with an inability to sit still. Upon speaking with him, one might find it difficult to hold a single topic in conversation, leading to confusing results. Due in no small part to his somewhat faulty memory, he is often forgetting assignments, appointments, and even simple tasks midway. Beneath his shortcomings, however, lies a specific mental cunning. He would say that his sporadic nature is simply to cast a calming shadow over his abilities, as a sort of wolf in sheep's clothing. He makes friends easily, hoping to confuse conflicts into either an awkward submission or a forgotten apology.
History: Pisces arrived on the scene during the last chapter of UndaCorp's early conflicts and growths. Preferring to stay out of the battles for his own sake, he watched from afar, keeping to the ever growing shadows of the city. He has little history worth telling, having evaded the radar for as long as possible, but his mind is set on choosing a side now, no matter what the cost.
Abilities: Aside from an uncanny ability to breathe and move unhindered underwater, he can focus his thoughts in order to control water itself in many ways. He is able to manipulate the fluids in his own body to suit his needs, though he cannot control the water in others. By controlling the particles of water in the air, he can alter temperature and weather, to a small degree, directly around him and nearby foes.

Name: Saverio C.
Side:N/A
Personality: Enthusiastically Destructive
History: A Vietnam Veteran with a hunger for conflict Saverio has traveled the world simply fighting anyone and everyone he could. His battles gave him a reputation for a instigator, and a hot head. When he heard about a super powerful man running a omniscient cooperation he couldn't help but attack it and it's leader. He has caused much Chaos for Undakai and his minions, and has aided everyone he could in attacking the heartless cooperation. After being defeated by Undakai he left the tower made battle field to hone his body and mind.
Abilities: Saverio has fought all of the top combatants in the ATG, and only survived by his determination, wit, and inhuman strength and speed. Although lacking the magical powers or immortality that Undakai and Xantos boast, Saverio has a physical and mental tenacity that rivals their immense longivity. His experience in battle has gifted him with innate reflexes, and his troll like strength and speed are inhuman on a bad day. Like most trolls Saverio has an affinity for "flaming" and feels are home even in the most intense blaze. He can manipulate the element with ease, and with his array of weapons and military training he would have little problems displacing the average grunt.

Name (your screenname): Sentama Lin
Age (can be your real age or another you'd prefer): 22
Personality Lin is... kind enough. He can be a bit too objective-minded and cold when focused on a task, and a little... sadistic... when charged with disposal of headquarter intruders, but he finds comfort and simple joys with the people he has chosen to befriend.
History: He is the head of technology personnel for UndaCorp. However, calls for updates on the database, overhauls on defensive technologies, or even periodic reviews (which he hated since he wasn't exactly taken voluntarily) have been nonexistent for a while.
Abilities: He is human -- that really is it. Ergo he has the same flaws, fallacies, and weakness of the average being. However, his expertise in technologies well make up for being mundane. He carries around a miniature computer that looks like a customised version of a white Nintendo DSi which he uses to monitor the defensive measures of UndaCorp HQ and to "monitor and search" technologies close to it. In emergencies, it can spray out nanomachines which can do a myriad of effects at his choice -- so long as he prepared it ahead of time.

Name: Undakai
Side: UndaCorp...?
Personality: Undakai has a bit of a split personality, at times he is dark, cruel, psychotic, murderous, and at others...well, marginally less so; generally, you can tell the dominant persona at the time by his appearance. Finding the 'norm' of every day life a complete bore, he likes to bring a little bit of chaos into everybodies life, and what better way to do that then with a little death, destruction and mayhem.
History: (do they have any prior history with UndaCorp, or any relations to the people involved in it?)None...none at all...
Abilities: ...

Name (your screenname): Kerri (Kerrigan_dragon)
Side: Has appeared neutral until recently, but is leaning more towards being a rebel now
Personality: Kerri operates for herself, usually just to entertain herself and keep her from boredom. She has a wicked sense of humour, and will always stop to make a witty remark if one comes to mind. Kerri doesn't like to be subtle most of the time, as reflected by her bright wardrobe, but can be subtle if she really tries. It goes a bit against the grain, though; she prefers to be as bold as can be. Also, she will do anything - literally anything - for muffins, but doesn't let anyone know that. She despises boredom more than anything else.
History: Kerri appeared in ATG around the time that Undakai disappeared, but she's spent a lot of her time observing, and digging through old news, finding out information, and the more she gathered, the less she liked what was happening at UndaCorp. This soul stealing business was less-than-appealing to her.
Abilities: Kerri is a fae mutt, her mother being a shapeshifter of sorts. That ability only partly transferred over, so Kerrigan can change her size at will, but not her shape. She can fly just as well as her mother, though. She has magic, but it's not powerful, enough to play tricks and to generally get by. She is allergic to metals, and cannot perform magic very well when touching then, and iron is like poison to her. She can grant wishes on occasion, though doesn't really have control of that power, as it is erratic.

Name (your screenname): Viral C
Age (can be your real age or another you'd prefer): 2
Side (you can choose to be a minion of UndaCorp, a rebel against UndaCorp, or a neutral): Neutral but closer to Rebel
Personality: (quick description): Viral is an enigma, He can either be insane and comedic or he can be serious and switch amongst the sides in an instant. He is known for randomly launching out random bits of information even during battle and having a murderous way of thinking. he is all fun and play then violent and brutal. Many have befriended him though they learn to stay on their guard cause his paranoia can drive him to do unreasonable things. He is very close to Kerrigan Dragon, his girlfriend and will do anything for her whether she asks of it or not. He has been labeled dangerous multiple times on account of him carrying an array of weapons wherever he goes
History: (do they have any prior history with UndaCorp, or any relations to the people involved in it?) After seeing first hand his friends getting their souls taken away and a few signing off to join Undakai he was instantly thrown into the thought of killing Undakai, but upon Undas disappearance he forgot all about it and moved on, but as Undakai rises again He is unsure of what he wants, He chose to follow Kerrigans investigations to see what he thought would be right or wrong and thought darkness of Undakais doing.
Abilities: Viral is an artificial virus, He was made to act as a weapon of mass destruction through devouring his enemies cell by cell, he has no bones or internal organs thus making killing him hard for has vast regeneration techniques, he is also a "matter shifter" he can turn into a liquid, a gas, or a solid but has to be given time to become each part.

Name: Saxor Kitty
Side: Rebel
Personality: Bubbly, rather hyper.
History: Roland's girlfriend from before, she followed him to the ATG after he left. He left her to prevent her from being in danger all the time, but she would have nothing to do with that and continued to follow him. She knows a bit about UndaCorp, due to the companies reputation, and blantantly rebels against the company itself and all members.
Abilities: Saxor dual-wields two white swords with amazing accuracy, as well as has some control over wind.  

Slim95
Crew

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:02 am
((THE THREAD IS NOW OPEN!))

tap. Tap. TAP. TAP!

Slim sits cross-legged behind her old boss's large desk, leaning back in his velvety chair and gazing through bored, half-hooded eyes at the pencil she taps repeatedly against her briefcase. A whole year, she muses as the lead hits leather. A whole year since Undakai went missing.

Sitting upright, she rubs her temples, brow furrowing and lips pouting. Hesitantly, she glances over at the small desk beside the one she now sits at. The two are exactly alike, sans the size difference and the potted flower sitting atop the tinier. She silently longs for the days when she sat at that smaller desk, when her demonic superior would fill her briefcase with paperwork, purpose... When she received pats on the head and words of praise from him once in a blue moon. But who was to do that now that nobody loomed over her?...

Her eyes shift to the intercom beside her hand, begging it to say something to her... Begging it to do something other than ask for approval on the new shade of gray in the cafeteria, or inform her of the company's latest softball game, or update her on the new number of souls in possession... She begged it to tell her that one of the rebels, perhaps Saverio Cappetta or Tsujigiri, had reared his or her head out of retirement...

Nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 am
((*frowns* This could be problematic. I change my avi a lot. Perhaps you could use the code where it changes by itself when someone changes, like the one used to list the ATG moderators? I know Tsuji knows that code))

((EDIT: Ok, it's changed. Or maybe I just read it wrong. Too tired to function at 0. *runs off to tektek*))  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:27 am
((No worries, Rollers. Your listed avi only has to change when your character changes within the RP, not necessarily whenever you change your avi. For example: The avi I have listed right now is, as you can see, not the one I'm using for my account. But it is the one I'm using within the RP. If, in the RP, I decide to..... let's say..... lol go swimming, I would then change my listed avi to depict me wearing a swimming suit. Kapeesh?))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:55 am
User ImageName: Tsujigiri-san (Tsuji)
Side: I would be inclined to say "Neutral", but you may decide otherwise.
Personality: A natural troublemaker. He is entirely consume by his pursuit to relieve his constant ennui. Every situation is carefully considered and the course of action that is decided to produce the highest quality of entertainment will always be the course taken. With few exceptions that entertainment is at the expense of others. He is otherwise amiable, if a little distant.
History: He may or may not have tried to kill key members of UndaCorp and may or may not have aided/hindered prior uprisings against said company...
Abilities: Has been seen to use great supernatural powers (levitation and teleportation), he relies mostly on the ability to absorb and transfer energy, feeding off from other people's emotions. Also is proficient in the use of sword, his cane as a singlestick, wielding a pair of sidearms (generally tucked inside his tux), and producing drinks from odd places...

============

Tsuji walked out of a shadow and looked up at the towering headquarters of UndaCorp. It was once a testament to the power of he that ran the place, but now, Tsuji thought as he walked away, now it's as empty and meaningless as the cane he carried.

His cane... He ran a gloved hand over the surface. Boleslaus... The red tint of the stain had faded. He took the glove off and felt the texture of the wood, his hand recoiling as his finger caught a ********...", his gaze shifted from the blood slowly pooling around the p***k to the uppermost levels of the building, "...it's been boring around here..."  

124-C

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 am
Name (screenname): Mr. Jimmy (WiskersThCatfish)
Age: As old as the eldest hill, and the deepest crevasse. Walking from the beginning of time, to the end.
Avatar: ((I've got mine all supped up the way I want him just to the side as you can see. You'd be doing me a favor if you did that magic right click and save thing, cause I'm so tired... crying ))
Side: A mischievous, and ambiguous neutral.
Personality: First and foremost, James' priority is to feed the hungry masses who flock to his cart on the street outside Undacorp. Enthusiastically, he cooks up orders, always adding a little bit of unwanted flare to the meal, but after he serves the food, he becomes a docile listener, like a bartender, cleaning a glass, and keenly listening to a line of sob-stories. By the time the customer is off the stool, it becomes blurred if his trade is ramen, or information. Occasionally, he'll offer a eerie story, or some intuitive advice, but always he offers a unique lunch-time snack, and rarely charges to boot.
History: Jimmy is known around the corporation, but nobody can quite say why. It's a whispered rumor that with such a super-conglomerate as Undacorp, there are only a few... things... in the world that could level it in any short span of time. On this list of threats is said to lie Jimmy's name, in it's entirety (which is a feat, as it's also rumored that those who learn his true name go mad for the rest of their lives trying to spell it). But he and Undakai seem to have no qualms, and indeed, Jimmy seems to reveal on occasion that he manages the little noodle-stand because he feels indebted to the CEO. If asked, however, just about any Corporation employee will admit that Jimmy's always been there. Well maybe not, like always, but as long as anyone cares to remember not eating delicious, free ramen for lunch every day.
Abilities: Majorly, he displays his great ability at preparing most kinds of noodles, running his stand Noodle'Thulu. He can produce a plethora of live sea creatures of many sizes from his person, simply by reaching into his shirt, or under his apron. He has countless wet, fleshy, suckered appendages hiding in his clothing, and uses them quite skillfully, and articulately to meet his everyday needs. Over his mouth, he wears false, metal teeth that he has demonstrated are sharp enough for him to bite apart, and even chew metal, and ceramic objects.

"Another new morning." Jimmy beat the curtains of the cart aside, and popped all his joints as the burners fired up. Elegantly, he tipped his head to the side, and then rotated it back, and stopped it when it came in line with his other shoulder causing ten musical cracks and pops to be emitted from his neck, and a long satisfied sigh from between his constantly smiling metal lips.

"A glorious new morning." He concluded, and threw a huge stew pot filled with starchy water over one burner. A tentacle-full of vegetables were spilled over a cutting board behind him, and another tentacle wielding a gleaming knife began to chop them while he began to kneed dough on another surface with his true hands. Looking into the little shack was like watching a fully staffed kitchen, perfectly timed, and moving in unison; but no chef barked orders, there was just a little humming of a nondescript tune as a single man prepared for any breakfast customers.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:20 pm
Name: Erverain
Side: Neutral, for now.
Personality: A fairly quiet individual, with the odd quirk or two thrown in.
History: Managing to stay out of the last great conflict between UndCorp and the rival upstarts under some squirrely fellow, he has managed to make a living scrounging abandoned tech and doing the random odd job. Of course, any job offers from UndaCorp usually pay with the continued ownership of his soul. Was hired during the TRM Crisis and the Saverio Incident, but has since been between jobs. Is a regular customer of Jimmy's cart.
Powers/Abilities: Constant exposure to corporate waste and multiple near-death situations have granted him improved reflexes, stamina, and vision. A somewhat hopeless inventor, his only successes were the Strength Enhancing Gauntlets and the Ionic Plasma Phase Rifle (which he dubbed "the Negotiator" for some reason).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful morning.
The city had gotten so very quiet since UndCorp's head had gone missing, and, while the peace was a nice change, people were beginning to grow lax in the calm. Many had moved on, believing that Undakai was dead, and his threat over. Others never knew the true nature of UndaCorp, and in ignorance were happy. But there are those who belong to neither of those groups. People who believe that not only is Undakai alive, but that he might come back at any moment to reassert his control over the city.
Amongst them is me, a currently unemployed "inventor," of sorts. I know that there are those in UndaCorp who maintain it in hopes of His return, just as I know that there are those who plot for that moment so that they may usurp His power. Myself, I just want to get something to eat. I think I'll head to Jimmy's, since it's about time for them to open.

Grabbing his usual attire, Erverain checks over the SEGs and the IPPR to make sure everything is running smoothly. As the only two inventions of his that ever worked properly, they were his pride and joy. These two inventions he would never sell. The blueprints, of course, were burned to prevent them from being recreated by another, and the items themselves were DNA encoded to ensure that they wouldn't be misused.
After getting the diagnostics taken care of, Erverain gears up and prepares to take on the day.
"Well, fellows, we've got a long day of scrounging ahead of us. Even if the troll population has gone down since the Saverio Incident, it's still dangerous to go alone in the undercurrents of the city. But, you can't fight a war on an empty stomach. Off to Jimmy's! Perhaps I'll even be able to get some food for thought as well, eh?" Erv chuckles to himself.
After making sure the safety is set on the IPPR, he heads out into the world.

((On a side note, I found the last two UndaCorp related events here and here.))  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:20 pm
Name: Roland Deschain
Side : Neutral, for now
Personality: Somewhat of a loner, Roland has been called an emotionless void on several occasions. He tends to prefer solitude, and can be harsh at times.
History: Roland is new to town, he came in search of some work. He is a mercenary, he will take just about any job he can get. His morals have been known to get in the way of his work though, and has on several occasions left a job unfinished because he does not approve of it. As a result, he has a hard time getting some work.
Abilities: Roland is a prodigy with weapons, he can master any weapon given to him in a short period of time. He is also able to freeze time, which can result in a few other moves possible, such as teleportation of himself or other people/objects.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Getting off his motorcycle at the edge of the city, Roland Deschain looked around. "Well, well," he said to himself, "So this is where the whole UndaCorp thing went down." He had heard rumors, that the head of the corporation, Undakai, was a madman. He had also heard that he dissapeared about a year ago. He had come to this city looking for work, and he hoped he could find some. Getting back on his bike, he started the engine up and rode into the city.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:47 pm
Name: (Dark Pisces) Pisces

Personality: Pisces is a sporadic, slightly insane individual with an inability to sit still. Upon speaking with him, one might find it difficult to hold a single topic in conversation, leading to confusing results. Due in no small part to his somewhat faulty memory, he is often forgetting assignments, appointments, and even simple tasks midway. Beneath his shortcomings, however, lies a specific mental cunning. He would say that his sporadic nature is simply to cast a calming shadow over his abilities, as a sort of wolf in sheep's clothing. He makes friends easily, hoping to confuse conflicts into either an awkward submission or a forgotten apology.

History: Pisces arrived on the scene during the last chapter of UndaCorp's early conflicts and growths. Preferring to stay out of the battles for his own sake, he watched from afar, keeping to the ever growing shadows of the city. He has little history worth telling, having evaded the radar for as long as possible, but his mind is set on choosing a side now, no matter what the cost.

Abilities: Aside from an uncanny ability to breathe and move unhindered underwater, he can focus his thoughts in order to control water itself in many ways. He is able to manipulate the fluids in his own body to suit his needs, though he cannot control the water in others. By controlling the particles of water in the air, he can alter temperature and weather, to a small degree, directly around him and nearby foes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pisces woke from a troubled sleep, which had been riddled with dreams of conflict and conquest, to the sound of his coffee pot slurrrrrrrping at the last of the water in the reservoir. "Ahhh, good morning, beautiful," He said aloud to the pot. "You never disappoint!" He tossed his achy body out of bed, a lumpy twin resting on creaky metal framework, and stumped across his one-room apartment to the snorting appliance. He tried desperately to recall more details from the dreams of his laborious slumber, pulling a large, green mug from the cabinet and placing it carefully on the wooden counter.

There was... a tower... and clouds... "Urghh..." he grumbled as he poured the black liquid into the cup and breathed in its rich aroma. "Maybe a walk around town will clear my head enough," he sighed to the emptiness as he squatted back onto the loose sheets of his mattress. He sipped and closed his eyes, focusing his thoughts on the warmth sliding down his throat, then to the sound of the apartment as its A/C unit breathed chilly air from a small rusty vent in the ceiling, and finally to the sounds outside his room: the jet roaring high above the clouds, the people and machines in the street below, and the knock at the door... The knock at the door! Pisces snapped to and rushed over to his old, dirty door, squinting into the peephole to see who the interruption was. Seeing no one he opened the door.

On the floor was a single piece of paper, and on it, in untidy scrawl, were the words "Why don't you take that walk now..?"

((EDIT 2.0))  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:29 pm
x-Dark-Pisces-x
He is able to manipulate the flow of arguments, discussions, battles, and decisions with a single controlled string of thought. Through meditation, he can achieve temporary omnipresence in nearby rooms or structures, forcibly occupy the thoughts of another nearby individual in an attempt to confuse, and even hear traces of thought from the victim, which he keeps logged in a notebook.
((Woah, woah, woah... While that's an interesting power, how is poor Slim supposed to be able to moderate that? It is a little suspicious... feels kind of like you're giving your character the ability to puppet other people's...

Now I'm not a moderator of this thread, but is there any way I could ask you to put some kind of limiter on your character? Maybe work a little with Slim and see what works with her and what doesn't? 'Cause I only foresee problems.))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm
"I can't take it anymore," Slim groans, sliding out of her boss's chair and pressing the red button on her intercom. "Cancel all my appointments, Judy. I have important business to attend to elsewhere."

A female voice on the other end of the intercom drones out a response, "Buying ramen and palling around with Mr. Jimmy?.."

Pausing for only a moment, Slim snaps her responce, cheeks reddened, before snatching her briefcase and shuffling out of the office in a flurry of high-heels and skirt. "Important business, Judy! Important!"

Judy is the only one in this whole bloody company who seems to have a problem with authority. It must be so deeply ingrained into her person that even ripping her soul from her body didn't affect it, she thought amusedly, scoffing as she disappears in a cloud of black smoke, leaving behind only the smell of sulphur and a heel scuff in the linoleum flooring. Why in the world is she my secretary?...

Reappearing two floors down in a hall of elevators, Slim sits tapping her foot irregularly to a beat in her head, her gaze rolling about lazily from one point in the hall to another as she waits. She silently resents her boss for not teaching her more about the art of teleportation... What good did such short distances do her most days? Unless she wants to make dozens of different trips, she has to take the elevator like everybody else just to get to the lobby of her own multi-billionare evil company.... "Bollocks," she says to herself, stepping into the first elevator that opens and slumping against its wall.

Upon exiting the building, nudging her glasses up her nose with a finger, she makes a beeline for her favorite site of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Noodle'Thulu never fails to be delicious and nutritious, if a bit iffy-looking at first glance. The main reason for her continued patronage, Slim had to admit, was the eccentric chef himself.

"It's one of those days, Jimmy m'boy..." she sighs, sitting cross-legged atop the tiny stand's stool and tugging friendily on one of her pal's slimy tentacles. "I'm gonna need a lot of news, or a lot of food. Preferrably both."  

Slim95
Crew

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 pm
"One of those..." Jimmy says, distracted as he moves from thing to thing in the tiny kitchen-space. He finally shakes his head a little, and looks up to view his first customer of the morning. "You'll have to forgive me, it takes more then a morning to move a mountain."

Keeping the flow of the kitchen, he shifts his attention to the counter, reaching up from yet more mysterious places to take up the jobs he just abandoned. "Welcome to Noodle'Thulu, Acting-CEO." He sets an elbow down on the counter, resting his chin on his palm. "The special today is..." he reaches under his apron with his offhand, and pulls out a pair of creepy-crawlies to show her. "Puréed nautilus, and horseshoe-crab with assorted diced vegetables." He threw the two helpless bottom-feeders to the side to be dealt with. A tentacle holding a big mashing-hammer came up a moment later and began the puréeing process. "Hope you're not Jewish today."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 am
Giggling, her good humor instantly returning, Slim replies to him whilst delving her hand into the infinite void of her briefcase, searching for a personal pair of chopsticks. "Not anytime soon, I'm thinkin'."

As her fingers fumble for the eating utensils, all manner of objects tossed in long ago summoned beneath her palm by a mere thought, her touch brushes over something flat, smooth. Producing it from the darkness, Slim finds herself looking at a slightly wrinkled polaroid of a handsome man with a wriggling soul in one hand, the other waving cheerfully at the unseen photographer. A smile grows on the young CEO's lips as she recalls the memory behind this photo, knowing very well that the person who once took it was herself. Her foxy ears perk up happily, her tail swinging to and fro as she sways playfully in her seat. Without glancing up, she chirps to Jimmy as he works, "Do you think he misses us, Jim?"

She knew the answer before it was given, but she didn't want to be the one to say it.  

Slim95
Crew

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:54 am
After riding around for a bit, it became increasingly obvious to Roland that he had no idea what he was looking for. He first decided that maybe he should find a place to stay the night, so he began searching for a motel. However, before long, his search for rest turned into a search for food. He was getting hungry, he hadn't eaten in a while. After riding around for a bit longer, he came upon a little stand that appeared to sell food. Not finding anything else, he parked his cycle and walked across the street to the stand. It was inhabited by the chef and one other patron, so he figured he shouldn't have to wait too long to ease his growling stomach. Adressing the owner of the stand, he said "Hey. Can you whip me up something to eat? I've been riding a while, this city seems a bit... isolated" he said as he gestured toward his bike. "Anything is fine, just whatever is easiest for you to make."  
RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff