Well, I think I've been wrong. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:04 am
User Image

I used to think that kids these days are ******** up because of lack of proper parenting. After looking around at everyone around me though, I see that it's not solely the parents fault, largely but not solely anymore.

You see, people are rude as ******** these days, and I don't believe it's the old people, or even the younger (20-40's) people either. It's the ******** baby boomers! These people who seem to fall under this age are so rude! They don't hold doors, they have no manners, no courtesy, no ******** respect! For some reason they think the world will take care of their problems for them, because when they were younger the world did. "Oh there are so many kids because of the baby boom, we have to take care of them. More funding, more support, more of whatever they need because there are just so many."

Way to go, you ******** society!

People who are growing up now, which include our generations because we are still in the process of learning and developing habits, are learning form these ignorant pricks.

The worst part is, I've noticed anyway, is that it's the baby boomers who mostly complain about how kids are turning out these days. They don't stop and think that maybe these kids are learning about society FROM society!

Parents also need to tell their kids when something is proper or not, and loudly too! If someone threw some garbage on the ground the parents need to say to their kids "See how rude and disrespectful that person was? The RIGHT thing is to put your trash in the trash, or you're no better than what you threw on the ground." or something along those lines.

I'm sure this is probably a realization that everyone in their early 20's hits, but still I thought I would share this with everyone.

For now on, I'm not going to sit by when I hear some 50 something b***h about kids these days. I'm going to question them on how they live and make them understand that it's because of everyone, and if you want to make a difference YOU have to start! People have to start doing things out of kindness again so that way people who are learning about the world around them will see that being kind to others is important!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 am

I am an old ATG member =]

I open door's, speak nicely, sort out my trash (AHA How many people SORT their trash =3), and I am just generally considered weird for it =D
the world changes and sometimes goes to far but you'll find there are always people who learn to go back into being considerate and caring.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:54 am
Shram

I open door's, speak nicely, sort out my trash (AHA How many people SORT their trash =3), and I am just generally considered weird for it =D
the world changes and sometimes goes to far but you'll find there are always people who learn to go back into being considerate and caring.

Well... I *used* to, until the city came up with the "put all your recyclables in this one big container" system. smile

However, I still greet people (who sometimes look at me like I've got a second head for speaking to them), open doors for people (male or female), y'know. Common (uncommon?) courtesy stuff. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:59 am
Chivalry is dead...

but im devoted to keeping the memory alive mrgreen  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm
aretoo
Shram

Well... I *used* to, until the city came up with the "put all your recyclables in this one big container" system. smile

However, I still greet people (who sometimes look at me like I've got a second head for speaking to them), open doors for people (male or female), y'know. Common (uncommon?) courtesy stuff. smile

hah you can get fined for not sorting here xP
we have 4 bins now
Food, Paper, Metal/plastic and unsorted (all the crap you never know where goes)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 pm
User Image

If you're a residence here, you can be fined too. But that's bullshit because as soon as we put our garbage out it becomes public property, which means they are actually fining the town. If they try and pull "But it's YOUR garbage" Then we say "if it's my garbage you've just committed a fellony!"

@Agent: That's the thing, no one bothers trying! Well not no one but a LARGE majority of people now.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

xSilverSky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:34 pm
That's quite a large generalization you've got there. Theres no way you can prove that all baby boomers are "rude", or even most for that matter. I've seen plenty of polite 50 year olds. It sounds to me like you're basing someones entire character on whether they hold the door for you or not. And not everyone agrees with whatever your standards are here. Manners Nazi much?

You sure do complain alot, GRM. Irony? ;3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm
    My parents and most of my aunts and uncles are baby boomers. I've never thought any of them were rude... neutral

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:21 pm
The baby boomers should be mostly all in their 60's about now. My dad was born post boomers and he's mid 50's. confused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:54 pm
Let's put it this way... there are three ways to respect someone:

1) Disrespect.
2) Respect
3) ******** respect.

Teens seem to ******** respect whoever they want... they'll ******** respect their friends, but nobody else. And it's not just teens, I know a lot of adults who ******** respect.

Disrespectful people should not live.

Respectful people are... respectful.

~Spirit of Dragons~

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:03 pm
I'm just going to respond to the first post...

I work in health care. Baby boomers, well a lot of them, are finding their health in decline. Some things are minor and I find those patients tend to be more pleasant. The worse the ailment, the less pleasant they tend to get. I figured it is due to all the stresses of planning for their "final days", dealing with insurance companies that give them the run around, dealing with rising costs of care, and all the tests required by the doctors. Considering that is just a small sampling of the things they deal with in their lives, I don't blame them for being cranky or less than chivalrous.

While littering is unlawful, lack of politeness is not. It is a liberty, as much as some people may not like it. Everyone is allowed to be as pleasant or unpleasant as they want, so long as it is within the legal parameters of course. Maybe a baby boomer doesn't hold the door for you, but that doesn't make it wrong. What is wrong would be to be rude and harass them about it. Instead, teach your kids that the nicer thing to do would be to hold the door for the person behind you. Just an example, because I think that being just as rude as the baby boomers you complain about is going to send mixed signals to children.

To treat those who do badly to us just as badly in return isn't going to bring about societal change, it will more likely just perpetuate it. If you want a more polite and pleasant society for your children, practice being more polite and pleasant yourself. Actions do tend to speak more loudly than words. I'd think that might be a more productive way to start changing society.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:29 pm
I don't notice? Hrm.

I remember I had a sore leg and this older guy beat me down the stairs, he then held the door open for me as I hobbled through. Nice guy. ;D SF State!

Edit:

~Spirit of Dragons~
Disrespectful people should not live.

Respectful people are... respectful.

I see the second view as too extreme and the third view, underdeveloped.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Courtesy isn't always what it seems. Neither is rudeness...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:28 am
124-C
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Courtesy isn't always what it seems. Neither is rudeness...

Best post so far.

I've been told off for holding doors open before. One girl even told me she was quite capable of opening the door herself. Then she had the gall to look mad when I shut it in her face!  

Zombie1429

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:50 am
User Image

That's another thing, people don't realize when you're just being polite anymore. There are so many people here who give you weird looks when you hold doors open, like a"Why would you take time out of what you're doing to do that for me?" look. My father in law told us that one time he held a door open for a man with a cane, he clearly had troubles walking, and the man said "Wow, I haven't had anyone hold a door for me in years.". GTR's dad was so shocked by that. He also held the door for the man when he was leaving too and the man says "Twice in one day? How lucky am I? You're a very considerate young man", then he went on his way.

People just don't seem to care anymore, it's really upsetting.
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces