Are you a rich Gaian?
  between 0 to 10,000
  between 10,000 to 50,000
  between 50,000 to 100,000
  100,000+
View Results

schklueter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:56 pm
hey guys. I have got some questions about gold. I have been on gaia for about a year now and i stil only have about 11,000 gold. and i havent spent any money since August. I really need some tips on how to get some more gold. thanx! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Gold is incredibly easy to make now, especially since they introduced Booty grab. Just wander around in the aquarium forum and look for some glowing tanks

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

schklueter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Gold is incredibly easy to make now, especially since they introduced Booty grab. Just wander around in the aquarium forum and look for some glowing tanks

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

alrighty. thanx for the advice!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:44 pm
Booty Grab is an excellent way to make a bit of old. Look for threads that specifically advertise having high trigger fishies.

Also, collect your Daily Chance and your prize from the Aquarium overseer. You might think that they just give you cheap junk but if you clear out your inventory every so often and just sell it back to the shops you will find that there is a couple of k to be made. Sometimes the overseer will award you a decent amount of gold too.

You could also play cards or slots and sell your winnings on the marketplace. Although you have to purchase the tokens to play it tends to be fairly profitable. The marketplace is always a good way to make gold.

There are always other ways to raise gold. You can bump away until your heart is content in the CB, or join a polling guild and answer ever single poll that they have had over the years, but these methods are slow and tedious work.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 pm
Jigsaw puzzles and word bump, if you're any good at them, are a couple more methods  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:36 pm
Pinball too, again, if you are good at it.

I've made nearly 5k since my last post by playing booty grab. Now I can afford the avi art I wanted to order! whee heart  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 pm
lol I been on gaia since 2003 and rght now I have the ridiculous amount of 11,572...but I stop making gold since a long time ago, I got bored, but yeah all this guys are right, its really easy to make gold right now with all the games and everything and the market place  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 am
The best way I found to earn gold was to post in the Phunkeh thread lots. whee

Have a conversation with someone in there, and you'll start racking up gold. Playing the games on the site will earn lots too, but I've never needed to earn gold that fast.

whee  

Rellie Forth

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:52 pm
Gold isn't the sum of your wealth on Gaia. It's only the most liquid part of it. Most 2003ers with low amounts of gold are still fairly rich by the vast amounts of items they probably have. Particularly the items that were limited time gains and older donation items from before 2005 carry the most weight.

I'm a mule I only have about 7k but since I'm part of a conglomerate it doesn't really matter.

I think most suggestions for get rich quick schemes verge on playing the Marketplace. I don't do it, too much risk. I hear though if you're successful you can make gold much more quickly than anywhere else on the site.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm
post post and sell items  

Tsukiusada

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:09 pm
Oh and you really don't need to buy tokens if you are checking your daily chance. I get 50 tokens from the game page one everyday, wait a couple weeks and it adds up.

Booty grab it the way to go, but you can also play ZOMG. Many quests will grant gold as well as opening boxes and sometimes killing things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:28 am
User Image

*looks at gold count....*

Hmm 129K, and I didn't even realize it.

Post lots. If you don't know what to post take a look at the chatterbox subforum.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

schklueter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:16 pm
[ Terra ]
Booty Grab is an excellent way to make a bit of old. Look for threads that specifically advertise having high trigger fishies.

Also, collect your Daily Chance and your prize from the Aquarium overseer. You might think that they just give you cheap junk but if you clear out your inventory every so often and just sell it back to the shops you will find that there is a couple of k to be made. Sometimes the overseer will award you a decent amount of gold too.

You could also play cards or slots and sell your winnings on the marketplace. Although you have to purchase the tokens to play it tends to be fairly profitable. The marketplace is always a good way to make gold.

There are always other ways to raise gold. You can bump away until your heart is content in the CB, or join a polling guild and answer ever single poll that they have had over the years, but these methods are slow and tedious work.

oh...okay. well thanx for the advice!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:17 pm
God-Raped-Me
User Image

*looks at gold count....*

Hmm 129K, and I didn't even realize it.

Post lots. If you don't know what to post take a look at the chatterbox subforum.
User Image

alright. thanx for teh advice!!!  

schklueter

schklueter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 pm
Phaeton 2
Gold isn't the sum of your wealth on Gaia. It's only the most liquid part of it. Most 2003ers with low amounts of gold are still fairly rich by the vast amounts of items they probably have. Particularly the items that were limited time gains and older donation items from before 2005 carry the most weight.

I'm a mule I only have about 7k but since I'm part of a conglomerate it doesn't really matter.

I think most suggestions for get rich quick schemes verge on playing the Marketplace. I don't do it, too much risk. I hear though if you're successful you can make gold much more quickly than anywhere else on the site.

oh wow... thatz so weird. well thanx for the advice!!!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff