Reply Community Lounge
Tell me I'm not the only one... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matrias Fierno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 pm
So roughly seven years ago, I got Boys Life magazine. In the April issue, there was article saying that school was now ending on April 1st.

Took me about two hours of excitement before I read the last two words. (April First)

I have never again fallen for an April Fools joke so obviously false... until today.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who got on Gaia and, for about twenty minutes, ranted on them finally selling out.

Discuss?
-April Fools jokes you've fallen for... Bonus points for the most absurd.
-April Fools jokes you're made others fall for.
-Is the cake REALLY a lie?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 pm
I fall for everything. I'm an idiot like that. sweatdrop  

The Dinosaur Next Door

sahihen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:34 pm
I completly missed it for a few minutes then saw it. Although I didn't fall for it, I just what "Wth omni drink?" Made me think of omni [the user].
I liked a few years back or whatever when they gave out a gift box that said you got a halo and it was actually just a bomb going off in your face. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm
    On a Lost forum I post on someone made a thread called "Lost is CANCELED!" and then inside the thread it said "April Fools."
    I didn't fall for it, as it was rather obvious, but then posted a reply saying that Lost may not be canceled, but it wouldn't be on tonight. The OP then replied alarmed at where I got this information and how they were quite sure it would be on. I lol'd.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:12 pm
I have seen the cake. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 pm
sahihen
I completly missed it for a few minutes then saw it. Although I didn't fall for it, I just what "Wth omni drink?" Made me think of omni [the user].
I liked a few years back or whatever when they gave out a gift box that said you got a halo and it was actually just a bomb going off in your face. ninja
I still have that, and it's one of the few event items I still use. biggrin

Yeah, Omni Drinks are also supposed to help you pass a drug test. xp

Matrias Fierno

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:41 pm
I took my client (he's 11) to West Edmonton Mall to play glow in the dark mini golf (they has blacklights!) today. We walked home from the Mall (about 30 minutes) and as we were getting close to his house, he shoved his hand in his pocket, looked at me, and said "I left my house key back at the mini golf place!"

I was like "You're kidding, right?"

He was trying soooo hard to keep a straight face as he said "No, I really did!" I felt bad for having to tell him that if he pulls a prank after noon, the joke is on him.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:06 pm
I'd have laughed if Lanzer actually sold out. Part of me would have found it to be believable if not for the fact that nobody's ever heard of Omnidrink.  

Phaeton 2

Matrias Fierno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:46 pm
I watched the video that pops up when you click on the logo... It looks like Lanzer's saying it at gunpoint.

"At first I said 'No', but they were very persuasive..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:38 pm
124-C
I have seen the cake. ninja

Well, it's not too hard to see the cake, as I'm standing right here >_>  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 pm
We do not celebrate that holiday in Mexico in fact most of the population dosent know unless you are a rich spoiled kid or you are from USA or Canada or you study in an American School where all your classses are in englishand your teachers are from the USA and the cordinator and everything you know about it and you celebrate it
No I havent feel for it, in fact it was pretty weird today when I got to my first class Bioquemistry my frind Humberto who is from Canada and study all his life in an American School like me said mmm Its a weird day today its special and then I told him is April Fools, thats why, and he is yeah you are right its April Fools and tomorrow my little sister b day  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 pm
^^Psycha^^
We do not celebrate that holiday in Mexico in fact most of the population dosent know unless you are a rich spoiled kid or you are from USA or Canada or you study in an American School where all your classses are in englishand your teachers are from the USA and the cordinator and everything you know about it and you celebrate it
No I havent feel for it, in fact it was pretty weird today when I got to my first class Bioquemistry my frind Humberto who is from Canada and study all his life in an American School like me said mmm Its a weird day today its special and then I told him is April Fools, thats why, and he is yeah you are right its April Fools and tomorrow my little sister b day
I thought the closest we had to this in Mexico was "Dia de los inocentes" on December 28th. Not exactly the same thing but safe to say the closest thing we have to April fool's I think.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:39 pm
Sanzoskitsune
^^Psycha^^
I thought the closest we had to this in Mexico was "Dia de los inocentes" on December 28th. Not exactly the same thing but safe to say the closest thing we have to April fool's I think.
You are totally right but its not like in teh USA, it exist but we do not really celebrate it, some mexican news websites do or maybe like in a school 2 or 3 persons from your class but its nothing compared like in the USA, its not that important  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm
^^Psycha^^
Sanzoskitsune
^^Psycha^^
You are totally right but its not like in teh USA, it exist but we do not really celebrate it, some mexican news websites do or maybe like in a school 2 or 3 persons from your class but its nothing compared like in the USA, its not that important
You make a good point. I concede xd  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

sahihen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 pm
I gotta wonder what trickster thought up april fools.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff