Reply Community Lounge
Thoughts: ATG Idol, Season 2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:43 pm
Anybody think it would be fun to do it again? I unfortunately don't have enough to make prizes as handsome as before, but I'll be able to donate some things (like a first-generation Yama no Tamago).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 pm
User Image
I'll donate half a million gold if it gets up and going.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

God-The-RapistV2.0

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 pm
Seriously, GTR, for prizes? Because that would be... like... awesome... and big.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:59 pm
User Image
Yeah. For prizes.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

God-The-RapistV2.0

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:01 pm
Well then... that would be a very handsome start for prizes. Would people be interested in another competition? If I recall the last one lasted two, almost three, months.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:13 pm
*Snickers as she imagines herself recording her voice as it sings, remembering it sounding like dying cats.* Um. May I ask how this would work?

Remember, I've only been here since last June, so, I'm not familiar with it. :3

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:16 pm
Yes do elaborate for those of us who are new/clueless/live under rocks... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:16 pm
How the last one worked is everyone gets to send a recording by a certain date. The recordings were posted on YouTube or eSnips or other places that can freely store MP3s. Then, using SurveyMonkey we determine who the top ten are from all the recordings. After the top ten are determined each contestant is required to make a recording once a week, sometimes according to the week's theme and sometimes just their choice.

If I remember correctly, the top five got prizes last time, though I think, should there be this much to spread, so.mething could be done for the lower top 10.

Edit: I provided free resources before on how to make MP3s of people's recordings and even where to post them. I'll have to find them again.  

Sentama Lin

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 pm
Psh, forget that. Depending on when the contest starts, I may or may not be able to participate because of finals. Not only that, I'm hoping to be up in California with Dean for a while, then I'll be job searching and getting either a part-time or full-time job.

So, we'll see. It sounds like a lot of fun but also a lot stress and hassle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:29 pm
Pshaw you know I'm all up for this!  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 pm
Oh! Me! Me! Mememe! I participated last time so would I be allowed to try out again? Last time was fuuuun. biggrin

I was going to say that I might be able to scrounge up some gold to donate for the prize kitty but it would be pittance compared to half a mill. >_<

Linny, last time you recommended people try using Audacity to make recordings. I quite liked it and even have my dad using it now. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 pm
Coolies! I'll doo eet!  

Surazal Dloc

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:58 pm
Can't sing at all. Mentally incapable of singing if I think other people are going to hear it. Even when I don't, I still couldn't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow.
But I'm curious if you all have gotten better since last time.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 am
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

I'm with Erve, I can't sing to save my life. Literally. If someone held a gun to my head and told me to sing or they'd shoot, they would probably shoot me if I DID sing. Though, it does seem like a wonderous idea. I am looking forward to seeing the entries.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:56 am
User Image

No thanks. As much as I love the ATG's competitions.... GRM can't sing. gonk

Well it's more of a "I was always told I can't sing worth s**t" so GRM won't do it in front of people.
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces