Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Black Mesa VS Aperture Science, who is more of an idiot?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think is the bigger idiot?
  Black Mesa
  Aperture Science
View Results

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:48 pm
First I will present the facts I have found for myself before stating what I think.

First I'll go over Black Mesa

First notice how much the intercom voice talks about safety. "Have a safe, and productive day" Then later a sign that says that safety is very important. But there are some probems

1. When a computers blow up they don't do anything else aside complain? If it has connection with the test chamber wouldn't you think that stuff blowing up would be a sign that something bad is going to happen?

2. We boosted the anti-mass spectrometer by 105% A bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution. This one might normally be a problem, but if it was the cause of #1 people happening then its a very bad thing!

3. The event of a resonance cascade happening is extremely unlikely! If that was the case then why did it happen?

4. The purest sample we have, also the most unstable. Its more of a problem if no one seams to understand what could happen. #3 was smarter than that actually knowing there is a possibility of a resonance cascade.

5. Who warned who? In Half-Life Eli said we tried to warn people that they should not have gone though with the experiment. Well at that time it seams like Eli was the only smart person there.

However in Half-Life 2 Episode 2 he revealed that the G-man warned him, and he ignored that warning. Why did he say he warned them? He didn't want to be held responsible for what happened.

6. 'Work Harder Not Smarter' In the office complex there is a sign say those words. However its not easy to see, but if you look closely it does say that.

7. Scheduled Chaos Theory, that by itself if very stupid. Chaos can not be scheduled!

8. Box smashing room. I realize that it was just a obstacle in the game, but the fact that its there seams pointless. What does Black Mesa need that room for?

9. So many looked doors, yet not many exit signs. It makes it seam like Black Mesa didn't want the scientist to get out if something went wrong. In any case that didn't help survival rate of scientist. [Though it would make it too easy, its still a stupid point for stupid]

10. Catwalks almost always break. If there is a cat walk its most likely going to break. The cheep construction = very stupid.

Those are most of the stupid things Black Mesa have done that I could think of. If anyone knows of other stupid things Black Mesa has gone then go ahead of post them. I'll keep the two list updated.

Next, Aperture Science.

1. The fact they build GLaDOs. Since she killed everyone to begin with.

2. Not having the morality core in place before turning her on. According to GLaDOs they put it in after they turned her on, and she flooded the building with a nurotoxin.

3. Giving GLaDOs the ability to make, and spred nurotoxin to begin with. Otherwise they might not have died.

4. When turning her on they should have given her limited control over the building instead of compete control.

5. If they didn't rush on the Borialis then it wouldn't have disappeared, nor be as much as a danger as it is

Now I'll state my thoughts on the subjects. The stupidity could just be ignorance, or blinded ambition. Which both don't seam good, but it might give better reason for them both being as stupid as they been.

First for Black Mesa, I think when it comes to a good portion of those those things it seams like everything leads to Wallice Breen. Those who worked there mention that they had to get results to the Administrator or something would happen. That something would not be good. Rather that something would be something being fired, or a pay cut I don't know. But due to that they were in rush to get those results because Breen wanted them quickly

However that doesn't not quite explain the cat walks, or the locked doors.

With Aperture Science was because of a rush to beat Black Mesa for funding, which is why they gave GLaDOs so much power to begin with.

Both mistakes because of rushing. Both cases are fatal. Just thinking about that they are both stupid. But in the end I will think that Aperture Science is the bigger idiot.

Reason was mainly because of the survival rate. No one but the test subject survived from the nurotoxen. But it seams like she is killed later anyway. While in Black Mesa a good number of people escaped. At least 5, or 6 scientist escaped as well as Alyx [Though with assistance] and Barney. There might be a few others who could have gotten out. But its sure more than how many people escaped from Aperture.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:27 am
7. Scheduled Chaos Theory, that by itself if very stupid. Chaos can not be scheduled!
--although chaos cant be schedualed, the discussion on chaos theory can be

9. So many looked doors, yet not many exit signs. It makes it seam like Black Mesa didn't want the scientist to get out if something went wrong. In any case that didn't help survival rate of scientist. [Though it would make it too easy, its still a stupid point for stupid]
--first off their was a massive explosion, and explosions cause doors to lock(ones with locks anyway, plus monsters getting out, and the military getting into the building, second black mesa is underground, in a top secret facility, not many excape options their

10. Catwalks almost always break. If there is a cat walk its most likely going to break. The cheep construction = very stupid.
--reonance cascade meda them weaker, and as such makes them break easier

==i was just pointing out some of the things that could have atributed to these points  

idiotic randomness

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:13 pm
Neither, but I have to say that Black Mesa is better than Aperture Science. Before the scientists (Aperture) inserted the morality core (The thing that supposed to prevent the robot from killing everyone) in GLaDOS, GLaDOS killed them all with neurltoxin. Chell was the only person to escape, who is the character you control in the game. GLaDOS halfway tries to save Chell, because if you've heard of Half life, aliens are attacking the Earth, and if Cheel escapes, she will get attacked.

Now Black Mesa; they are the people in Half-life who are trying to stop the aliens with their robotic weapons that-do-not-try-to-kill-you-before-you-can-calm-them-down, so they are WAY more successful than Aperture Science.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games